Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

3 minutes ago, Phil Rossi said:

Ok. We now have confirmation of Navy blue in the Patriots Team Box.

Edited by SFCOM1
Spelling

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

I think the Eagles wordmark is actually correct on the field, it's just hard to tell.

Also, the last thing for me to finish is the walls of the stadium. They still havent covered the Vikings logos with Super Bowl themed walls yet, then I can change the purple boarder to the correct color. I may also have to change the seating area down near the field to what ever they do during the game with that.

52.png

Updated field with texture. I'll wait until after the game to do a final update, to get color right, and figure out how the outlining stadium will look during the game. I think I may have to adjust the Eagles wordmark slightly, but we'll see.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

52.png

Updated field with texture. I'll wait until after the game to do a final update, to get color right, and figure out how the outlining stadium will look during the game. I think I may have to adjust the Eagles wordmark slightly, but we'll see.

Hey pitt6pack, how's it going (I was wondering what happened to the two Super Bowl fields you made for me 2 years ago? I can't seem to find them)

And wow, the Eagles endzone got botched horribly (as they did in XXXIX).

Edited by VioletSportsFan89

1 hour ago, VioletSportsFan89 said:

Hey pitt6pack, how's it going (I was wondering what happened to the two Super Bowl fields you made for me 2 years ago? I can't seem to find them)

And wow, the Eagles endzone got botched horribly (as they did in XXXIX).

I can't remember what the requests where 2 years ago, but I probably still have them on my computer. Everything I had on Photobucket in the past is gone, so that's probably why they aren't up here anymore.

21 minutes ago, jc... said:

Congrats on your work being featured on here Pitt! 

Thanks! It was really cool to come to the front page earlier and be surprised by having my fields in the main article today.

Not related to me, but Super Bowl fields, uni-watch did a good article on Super Bowl field designs today with a lot of neat pictures I've not seen before (and is going to prompt some updates to a couple fields for me). https://uni-watch.com/2018/02/02/a-close-look-at-super-bowl-field-design-through-the-years/

20 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

This year's field stinks!  They've all stunk for years now. Bring back the helmets! and the conference logos!!

Who's brilliant idea was it to get rid of those??

I don't think the brilliance has yet been realized. The more empty space that can be made in the endzones, the more room for multi-million dollar ad space in the future. Who could forget the classic Super Bowl 67 (no more numerals) between Anheuser-Busch's BudLite and Amazon?

This has me thinking though, when will we see the first advertisements on fields, and on the Super Bowl field? And who will it be ....

1 hour ago, pitt6pack said:

I can't remember what the requests where 2 years ago, but I probably still have them on my computer. Everything I had on Photobucket in the past is gone, so that's probably why they aren't up here anymore.

Dallas Cowboys vs the Cleveland Browns and the New England Patriots vs the Dallas Cowboys were the ones I requested.

Granted now would be a good time to redo those fields in the current format (or even in the classic style from the old days when SB fields were good), or heck maybe even for Super Bowl LIII.

I love this forum. Every postseason, I visit this thread to get an early look-in over the projected Super Bowl's playing field. An added bonus in the early rounds when I'm treated to a sneak-peak of all the teams competing for a SB berth. 

As a kid, I couldn't wait to see what the field looked like and the uniforms the teams would be wearing. Rarely disappointed and often surprised, always adding to the delight of it.

Jonesing to see the finished field on Media Days and any TV broadcast 'from the site of the Super Bowl'. ("Come on Mr. Cameraman. Pan that puppy just a little more to show me those end zones!" "Down in front, you're blocking my view!"). Always envisioning the field in my mind and seeing how right or wrong I might have been --what fun. Here are some wildcards that come to mind:

1. The surprise of the orange end zone in SB XIX (I prefer aqua for the Dolphins, but the orange worked -- a cool and different take. Creative, and at least they were thinking and taking it seriously).

2. The SB logo at midfield for XXV and the NFL shields on the 35's.

3. The helmets on the 30's for SB XXXI and first time since the merger. Which spurred a running trend.

Which brings me to now. The absence of both the NFC and AFC logos in the Conference Championships are disappointing (except for the trophies, nowhere to be found).

The end zones for SB LII are not uniform. Why not center the Eagles wordmark? Move the logo to the left, and put that eye-popping NFC logo on the other end?
Of course, they could have scaled the Patriots end zone and added the red AFC logo. These changes would have upgraded the field and presentation. (In my opinion, the end zones since SB 50, less the conference logos look collegiate).

Like most voices here, I'm scratching my head over the NFL's SB fields of late. Hey, at least we have Sportslogosnet and the Super Bowl Field Database.

Thanks for all the painted fields. I also enjoy the 'phantom, what if' match-ups. I always wondered what the creamsicle Buccaneers and Oilers would look like -- now we know. Looking forward to what's in store for SB LIII and beyond!

Keep up the great work.
Edited by Phil Rossi
Improper indention
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Phil Rossi said:
I love this forum. Every postseason, I visit this thread to get an early look-in over the projected Super Bowl's playing field. An added bonus in the early rounds when I'm treated to a sneak-peak of all the teams competing for a SB berth. 

As a kid, I couldn't wait to see what the field looked like and the uniforms the teams would be wearing. Rarely disappointed and often surprised, always adding to the delight of it.

Jonesing to see the finished field on Media Days and any TV broadcast 'from the site of the Super Bowl'. ("Come on Mr. Cameraman. Pan that puppy just a little more to show me those end zones!" "Down in front, you're blocking my view!"). Always envisioning the field in my mind and seeing how right or wrong I might have been --what fun. Here are some wildcards that come to mind:

1. The surprise of the orange end zone in SB XIX (I prefer aqua for the Dolphins, but the orange worked -- a cool and different take. Creative, and at least they were thinking and taking it seriously).

3. The helmets on the 30's for SB XXXI and first time since the merger. Which spurred a running trend.

Which brings me to now. The absence of both the NFC and AFC logos in the Conference Championships are disappointing (except for the trophies, nowhere to be found).

The end zones for SB LII are not uniform. Why not center the Eagles wordmark? Move the logo to the left, and put that eye-popping NFC logo on the other end?
Of course, they could have scaled the Patriots end zone and added the red AFC logo. These changes would have upgraded the field and presentation. (In my opinion, the end zones since SB 50, less the conference logos look collegiate).

Like most voices here, I'm scratching my head over the NFL's SB fields of late. Hey, at least we have Sportslogosnet and the Super Bowl Field Database.

Thanks for all the painted fields. I also enjoy the 'phantom, what if' match-ups. I always wondered what the creamsicle Buccaneers and Oilers would look like -- now we know. Looking forward to what's in store for SB LIII and beyond!

Keep up the great work.

Phil, I also agree with most everything you said. Especially the Dolphins "surprise" orange end zone in Super Bowl 19. I still think it's the best looking end zone ever in a Super Bowl. (honorable mention would have to be Dolphins end zone in SB 17 (aqua).

Add the Browns to the list along with the Oilers and Bucs of end zones I wish we had seen in the 70s, 80s, 90s .... And as for modern day - add my Jaguars who have come up just short 3 times now :(

On 2/2/2018 at 2:53 PM, VioletSportsFan89 said:

Dallas Cowboys vs the Cleveland Browns and the New England Patriots vs the Dallas Cowboys were the ones I requested.

Granted now would be a good time to redo those fields in the current format (or even in the classic style from the old days when SB fields were good), or heck maybe even for Super Bowl LIII.

As soon as I can get a digital image of the Super Bowl LIII logo, I can try some concepts

16 hours ago, Phil Rossi said:

Keep up the great work.

I'd do the same thing as a kid, although, I really only started paying attention starting in Super Bowl XL, so unfortunately, I've only been a part of this era of fields where they look more and more like complete garbage. Super Bowl LIV in Miami I think will be the next interesting field at least. Hopefully we get an NFL hundredth season logo that has color in it (I have a terrible feeling that it will be chrome based), and a game on grass always looks much better.