• Texans: Red End Zone
  • Patriots: Red End Zone
  • Seahawks: Silver or Green End Zone
  • Eagles: Silver or Black End Zone
  • Titans: Columbia Blue and or End Zones
  • Bills: Red End Zone
  • Chiefs: Yellow End Zone
  • Vikings: Yellow End Zone

They would be on a Template as follows: Helmet on the Left (current, not 2-bar, like the Rams last year), Wordmark, and Conference Logo on the Right. I picked these colors since the contrast with the Helmets. Also would e nice to see it with the 4 teams not listed.

Kind of did these in a rush, since I'm short on time right now, but they turned out okay.

I did some extra endzones that I thought might make more sense for the teams, but here's what I got:

JJWoHqd.png

1AvnFQx.png

ZGdTO3z.png

UTCnGi4.png

smsgGAu.png

1ztzyWj.png

oELWkQp.png

Zb5mW0j.png

nffuexG.png

MtKmO0N.png

TBsqM5r.png

WeesjvF.png

oRU7UVD.png

Certainly makes for more color, but some of these endzones would just look off. Better to contrast the endzones with the helmets though, then use the same endzone and helmet color, like the Eagles had for Super Bowl XXXIX. A black endzone for the Eagles is much better with a green helmet.

• Like 1

Looks real good @pitt6pack! Would also be nice to see The Saints, Ravens, Packers, and 49ers on the same template if you get the time too, along with versions of the other 8 Teams on their Primary Colors if some of the above concepts look too weird or off.

1 hour ago, pitt6pack said:

JJWoHqd.png

ZGdTO3z.png

UTCnGi4.png

oELWkQp.png

Zb5mW0j.png

TBsqM5r.png

WeesjvF.png

oRU7UVD.png

These look the best out of the ones you've made.

• Like 1

da0Lbhs.png

Was watching this video today, and at the 1:57 mark, you can see a blue outline at the edge of the field. In some other images, it looks to be that this outline was around the entire field.

Better look here:

yQF3TaI.png

I've added the blue outline around the field. It's a minor detail, but the field is more correct now.

1.png

1951 NFL Championship Game

Cleveland Browns - 17        at        Los Angeles Rams - 24

RAM_1951%5Echamp.png

This would be the field that the Rams modeled their week 17 field after. It was the only NFL Championship which the Rams won in the Coliseum (they the 1949 and 1955 games in LA ).

As far as I can tell, the endzones were not chalked, other than the white diamonds, which were a bit lighter than the rest of the chalk, as it was spread out more to coder the diamond.

Good catch on the blue outline. 

Small personal story, back in September I helped paint the numbers and center logo on my old high school's football field. Being volunteer and having limited time, and I really appreciate the effort put into painting the field. It took 4 of us 3 hours just to paint white numbers on the field. Lots of stakes and strings to make sure everything is in place. And we only have one sprayer. 

• Like 1

iq5b7nF.png

On 7/20/2014 at 10:14 AM, pitt6pack said:

Super Bowl XXV: January 27, 1991 - Tampa Stadium, Tampa, Florida

Buffalo Bills - 19         New York Giants - 20

RBHVisd.png

< Super Bowl XXIV    First Post    Super Bowl XXVI >

Just saw a good video on YouTube of George Toma. Regarding this game, he said with the change in pregame and halftime entertainment because of Desert Storm, there was more than usual practice on the field, and it ruined the grass in the center. They went to a local high school soccer field the night before the game, broke in and stole 1000 square feet of sod. By 1am, they resodded the center, and painted the logo. 

iq5b7nF.png

12 hours ago, jc... said:

Just saw a good video on YouTube of George Toma. Regarding this game, he said with the change in pregame and halftime entertainment because of Desert Storm, there was more than usual practice on the field, and it ruined the grass in the center. They went to a local high school soccer field the night before the game, broke in and stole 1000 square feet of sod. By 1am, they resodded the center, and painted the logo. 

Wow, now that's interesting. (I would love to see that video if you have a link)

I wonder if the difference in the new sod vs the old could be seen during the game. I'm going to have to go back and look at it.

The 49ers are going with their throwback saloon font and old school helmet design with red colored end zones against the Vikings and hopefully at least two more games after that 🤞I would love to see them bring back the saloon font permanently...Go Niners!!!

Edited by SF49ATW

9 hours ago, SF49ATW said:

The 49ers are going with their throwback saloon font and old school helmet design with red colored end zones against the Vikings and hopefully at least two more games after that 🤞I would love to see them bring back the saloon font permanently...Go Niners!!!

Awesome! Looks like they also changed the wordmark to all gold, which is what they usually do when on a red background, as opposed to what they've had throughout this season.

For reference, this is what the 49ers have been using throughout the 2019 season:

SF_2019%5E1.png

And this wordmark is what is looks like they will be using Sunday (and if they make the Super Bowl, I'm hoping this is what they go with)

lwMpDba.png

I agree with you, the old wordmark is much better than the past 15 years or so. It just feels like the 49ers.

• Like 1

We're down to 4 teams. It's hard to say what the NFL will do with this field regarding the NFL 100 logo. I'm guessing it'll be at midfield in place of the standard NFL logo. If not, I can see the Standard NFL logo at midfield, and the NFL 100 logo at the 25 yard lines, as they have been for NFL fields this year.

Here are some first ideas on what we could see in a few weeks, with the remaining four teams:

2pbBM7i.png

2CP5905.png

HipfvV6.png

2eqfRoT.png

The great thing this year is that there will not be a navy vs navy endzone matchup, which makes a huge difference. Also, we won't have a white wordmark. A Chiefs-49ers Super Bowl would be the first red vs red endzone matchup, and a Chiefs-Packers Super Bowl would only be the second red vs green endzone matchup (Super Bowl XXXI being the only other). It's possible that the Titans could go with a columbia blue endzone, and it's also possible that the 49ers use their official wordmark (despite them not using on their field since early 2018).

• Like 3

Here are some alternate endzone possibilities for the Titans and 49ers

byZhALm.png

hclVUCJ.png

Aap90MG.png

I like the columbia blue as an endzone color better for the Titans, but it doesn't go as well with theur wordmark. I think overall, the Titans Navy endzone is better. As for the 49ers, the classic wordmark is far above the modern one.

• Like 3

How would a 49ers-Titans Field Look, with Columbia Blue vs Throwback SF Font, Standard Helmets, and Helmet-Free Conference Logos? Also, outlines on the 50 in NFL Colors, and on the 20s in Team Colors like they used to be, and Numbers Outlined in Primary Colors (Navy, Red), Hashmarks in Secondary Colors (Columbia, Gold). That would be the perfect end zone @pitt6pack.

• Like 1

da0Lbhs.png

I am thinking this could be the year that the NFL 100 logos are on the 25 yd lines in the regular location for the regular season. I know only one team had the "100" logo on the field was Chicago, but the bears where also celebrating their 100 year Anniversary was well. Ideally NFL logo on the 50, SB logo on the 25's, NFL 100 also on the 25"s (though in between the sidelines and numbers. Or put the NFL 100 logo in the end-zones opposite the team log and word mark.  

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png