Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

@pitt6pack Fabulous job as usual with those concepts. I also miss the helmets on the endzones, whether if the facemask were single bar old school or multiple bars shades of the mid 90s or the current helmet look with its facemask style.

Also I would like to see those same ones but with the current 49ers wordmark font. Speaking of the 49ers, imagine in black endzones with red text and gold drop shadow trim

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2011-12 ACC men's basketball conference tournament champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football regular season champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

On 1/14/2020 at 12:26 PM, pitt6pack said:

I like the columbia blue as an endzone color better for the Titans, but it doesn't go as well with theur wordmark. I think overall, the Titans Navy endzone is better. As for the 49ers, the classic wordmark is far above the modern one.

I completely agree with the Titans and navy. While the Columbia blue is certainly a more unique and overall better color than navy (as far as the NFL goes), their wordmark screws them over from using it. Navy is the only option in which their end zones don't look like complete crap (the red version you did earlier looks even worse than the Columbia).

While I do prefer the 49ers saloon font, I actually don't mind their current font either, and I find it one of the better customized fonts in any of the four major leagues. If they were to go with it in the Super Bowl I wouldn't be upset one bit.

Judging by any of the potential SB field matchups, I'd prefer it if it would be 49ers/Titans, though 49ers/Chiefs wouldn't be a bad matchup either. I fear the NFL would get lazy with a Chiefs/Packers matchup and go with all-yellow end zones - especially with the Chiefs painting their home end zones yellow multiple times this year. While that's not the worst problem in the world (and it would also be a nod to Super Bowl I), it would deny us a matchup of red/forest green which was only done once (Super Bowl XXXI). On another note, it would be fascinating if they replicated Super Bowl XXXIV and went with a Columbia/Gold look for a Titans/Packers matchup.

NSFCvyu.png

5 hours ago, JQK said:

I miss the helmets. Updated but classic super bowl look... let's do this, NFL... c'mon...

Looks great EXCEPT for the helmets. I love End Zone Helmets, but the modern Riddell Speed does not look good in 2D Application, or as a helmet on it's own. Would look much better with the standard Riddell VSR-4 Graphic. Also, the NFL doesn't use those in marketing, sales, and merchandising. All marketing application of NFL Helmets still use the VSR-4 or the 2-Bar Helmet (Riddell TK). The NFL Style Guides' Logoslick only has the VSR-4 in it as well for companies to be allowed to use for Helmets in Merch.

da0Lbhs.png

On 1/15/2020 at 5:11 PM, simtek34 said:

Looks great EXCEPT for the helmets. I love End Zone Helmets, but the modern Riddell Speed does not look good in 2D Application, or as a helmet on it's own. Would look much better with the standard Riddell VSR-4 Graphic. Also, the NFL doesn't use those in marketing, sales, and merchandising. All marketing application of NFL Helmets still use the VSR-4 or the 2-Bar Helmet (Riddell TK). The NFL Style Guides' Logoslick only has the VSR-4 in it as well for companies to be allowed to use for Helmets in Merch.

It's gotta change sometime...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

3 hours ago, Silence of the Rams said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d59s2nv4b8q90eb/ToPitt.zip?dl=0

@pitt6packafter some sleuthing, zipping and Dropboxing. I have the 4 media folders of the final 4. Yes the official ones. They should have in the web folder a png or gif subfolder. 

do you have access to the other 28?

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

On 1/14/2020 at 12:27 PM, red8721 said:

Green Bay EZ would look so much better if Gold. That G is meant to lay on gold not green. I know they wont though. 

I think I've tried some gold endzone concepts for Green Bay in the past, I'd just have to find them. Personally, I am a fan of the Green endzone more, but maybe that's just because that's what I'm used to seeing. Same with the G logo. On their home field we always see it on grass with the gold outline. Of corse on the helmets the G is on a gold background, but I've always felt it's missing the outer line.

On 1/14/2020 at 9:35 PM, simtek34 said:

How would a 49ers-Titans Field Look, with Columbia Blue vs Throwback SF Font, Standard Helmets, and Helmet-Free Conference Logos? Also, outlines on the 50 in NFL Colors, and on the 20s in Team Colors like they used to be, and Numbers Outlined in Primary Colors (Navy, Red), Hashmarks in Secondary Colors (Columbia, Gold). That would be the perfect end zone @pitt6pack.

I'd like to give this a try, if I can find the time.

On 1/15/2020 at 8:42 AM, SFCOM1 said:

I am thinking this could be the year that the NFL 100 logos are on the 25 yd lines in the regular location for the regular season. I know only one team had the "100" logo on the field was Chicago, but the bears where also celebrating their 100 year Anniversary was well. Ideally NFL logo on the 50, SB logo on the 25's, NFL 100 also on the 25"s (though in between the sidelines and numbers. Or put the NFL 100 logo in the end-zones opposite the team log and word mark.  

I think small NFL 100 logos at the 25's, like what most teams have done this season is probably most likely. I'll get some concepts done up of that.

4 hours ago, Silence of the Rams said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d59s2nv4b8q90eb/ToPitt.zip?dl=0

@pitt6packafter some sleuthing, zipping and Dropboxing. I have the 4 media folders of the final 4. Yes the official ones. They should have in the web folder a png or gif subfolder. 

I've gotten a few of these in the past. Great for nailing down official colors and things, and getting official logos. Where'd you end up finding these ones?

Here's a look at a field possibility, with the NFL 100 logo in the endzones, and some painted numbers and yard markers.

3uyENme.png

I've also got some updates to Super Bowl III to work on, pointed out to me by Bill over at the Gridiron Uniforms Database, so I'll be working on that in the near future as well as catching up on some Super Bowl LIV concepts.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, pitt6pack said:

Here's a look at a field possibility, with the NFL 100 logo in the endzones, and some painted numbers and yard markers.

3uyENme.png

I've also got some updates to Super Bowl III to work on, pointed out to me by Bill over at the Gridiron Uniforms Database, so I'll be working on that in the near future as well as catching up on some Super Bowl LIV concepts.

That looks way to good to be a Super Bowl Field. No helmets in the endzone but good symmetry with team logo and 100 yr logo. Centers everything up nicely. Ill chalk this up as a win if happens. However, Not much faith itll actually happen

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, pitt6pack said:

I think I've tried some gold endzone concepts for Green Bay in the past, I'd just have to find them. Personally, I am a fan of the Green endzone more, but maybe that's just because that's what I'm used to seeing. Same with the G logo. On their home field we always see it on grass with the gold outline. Of corse on the helmets the G is on a gold background, but I've always felt it's missing the outer line.

I think small NFL 100 logos at the 25's, like what most teams have done this season is probably most likely. I'll get some concepts done up of that.

I've gotten a few of these in the past. Great for nailing down official colors and things, and getting official logos. Where'd you end up finding these ones?

I guess its just a matter of preference, personally i have always hated a green end zone. For me, it just doesn't pop as much. Also, wish the field turf SuperBowls got team endzones turf made. Much better looking than just painting the turf. Obviously more expensive but seriously, $50-100k cost compared to NFL net worth or even Super Bowl profit......

6 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

Let's just say I have a friend who works at a certain bay area sports channel

On 1/14/2020 at 9:35 PM, simtek34 said:

How would a 49ers-Titans Field Look, with Columbia Blue vs Throwback SF Font, Standard Helmets, and Helmet-Free Conference Logos? Also, outlines on the 50 in NFL Colors, and on the 20s in Team Colors like they used to be, and Numbers Outlined in Primary Colors (Navy, Red), Hashmarks in Secondary Colors (Columbia, Gold). That would be the perfect end zone @pitt6pack.

How's this?

0c4YoWv.png

Much better than anything we will see Super Bowl Sunday for sure. I went with standard NFL logo at midfield, and NFL 100 logos at the 25s, as has been standard for the 2019 season. For the Titans endzone, I went with silver and white in the wordmark, with a navy outline, which is how the field was painted in Nashville in 2018 (without a columbia endzone). Looks better on the columbia background as well.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

How's this?

0c4YoWv.png

Much better than anything we will see Super Bowl Sunday for sure. I went with standard NFL logo at midfield, and NFL 100 logos at the 25s, as has been standard for the 2019 season. For the Titans endzone, I went with silver and white in the wordmark, with a navy outline, which is how the field was painted in Nashville in 2018 (without a columbia endzone). Looks better on the columbia background as well.

Beautiful. Just perfect.

da0Lbhs.png