Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

1 hour ago, Pleepleus75 said:

So I have mock ups of 31-53 in the double helmet - two bar facemask style endzones.  I should probably create a new thread for something like that instead of muddying the waters here.

if you post this somewhere, let me know. love to look. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, noodlesnchips said:

I saw last night they had monitors set up so they may be rehearsing something and cut the feed off for that.  I hope anyway.

The feed cutout between 4 and 5 AM this morning. Looks like they were setting up for some sort of media event, or as you said, possibly rehearsing for something (like halftime?)

Updates on field status appreciated (I know you all are good at finding things around here).

Anyways, here's a shot of the Super Bowl logo Monday, while it was still a work in progress:

GettyImages-1195211016.jpg

I think I've got to update my dimension for the Super Bowl logo a bit based on this. Looks to be about 28' 2" wide, and 21' 2" tall (using hash marks as the reference point). I'm sure we'll get an overhead shot on game day that will accurately show the logo's dimensions.

• Like 1

It's been up on and off here (came back a few minutes ago😞

https://www.webcamgalore.com/webcam/USA/Miami-Florida/16971.html

Not as high quality of an image, but it's something.

Doesn't look like theres been any endzone progress as of yet.

4 hours ago, Pleepleus75 said:

So I have mock ups of 31-53 in the double helmet - two bar facemask style endzones.  I should probably create a new thread for something like that instead of muddying the waters here.

Sounds promising. As long as it shows both facemask types (old school single bar and modern version alike). We will look forward to it soon

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2011-12 ACC men's basketball conference tournament champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football regular season champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

2 hours ago, DZ said:

Yay for Helmet and pre-2005 font, boo for Conference Logos (still) being dead.

Damn Athletic paywalls! Could somebody get the exact quote from the article?

da0Lbhs.png

3 hours ago, DZ said:

Then it is a red endzone for sure. No way they have a gold endzone with gold helmet. Let's just pray the Chiefs do the same, since they would have a yellow endzone to go with a red helmet.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DZ said:

The article is paywalled for me, so I could really only read the title. Did they say specifically there would be a helmet in the endzone? Helmet and classic font is a serious win!

7 hours ago, RamosLynn said:

Then it is a red endzone for sure. No way they have a gold endzone with gold helmet. Let's just pray the Chiefs do the same, since they would have a yellow endzone to go with a red helmet.

The field would surly look unbalanced with a helmet in one endzone, and not the other. It's already unbalanced because there are no conference logos (which still makes no sense to me). Unfortunately, I think if the Chiefs did use a helmet in their endzone, they'd still have a red endzone, and we'd have a red helmet and a red endzone. A gold endzone with a red helmet would be perfect for this Super Bowl, and make it one of the best fields in over a decade. So let's still hold out hope for that ...

5. What will the 49ers’ end zone look like?

Good news for Saloon-font fans: The 49ers asked for, and received, permission for their end zone to be decorated like the Levi’s Stadium end zones in the recent playoff games.

That means a red background with a 49ers helmet and the word “49ers” in the Saloon-font style. The only difference is that the Levi’s end zones recently have included a blue “N” for National Football Conference. Neither end zone in Miami will include a conference logo.

29 minutes ago, DZ said:

5. What will the 49ers’ end zone look like?

Good news for Saloon-font fans: The 49ers asked for, and received, permission for their end zone to be decorated like the Levi’s Stadium end zones in the recent playoff games.

That means a red background with a 49ers helmet and the word “49ers” in the Saloon-font style. The only difference is that the Levi’s end zones recently have included a blue “N” for National Football Conference. Neither end zone in Miami will include a conference logo.

Since the 49ers have been granted to use their helmet and wordmark from Levi's Stadium, I mocked up a "what if" Kansas City's endzone used the same format.

I took their helmet they used at midfield in Arrowhead, resized it to match SF's endzone helmet and used their current wordmark.

spacer.png

• Like 1

spacer.pngspacer.png

22 minutes ago, Pleepleus75 said:

Since the 49ers have been granted to use their helmet and wordmark from Levi's Stadium, I mocked up a "what if" Kansas City's endzone used the same format.

I took their helmet they used at midfield in Arrowhead, resized it to match SF's endzone helmet and used their current wordmark.

spacer.png

The chiefs would probably use the throwback font if they’re granted a yellow end zone 

yUTIIqk.png

1 hour ago, Pleepleus75 said:

spacer.png

This one looks the best to me but i am very doubtful that they will actually outline the chiefs font unfortunately.