Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

21 minutes ago, RayFinkle said:

Crazy that I don't even really care about the game. I just wanted to see a field that pops a bit. I think this one will.

I will probably be looking at the field more than watching the play on the field. LOL. Kind of like I do when the Rose Bowl is on. 

The NFL should let the Rose Bowl crew design the Super Bowl field.

• Like 3

I must say this year’s field will look better than the previous few years. I’m thankful for the saloon font and the return of a 2 bar helmet warms my heart. I’ll try to overlook the fact that it’s onky in one end zone and be thankful for what we have. I’m actually very surprised they threw a curveball and went with a yellow end zone for the Chiefs. This may be a FIRST!: Since they abandoned the helmets in the end zone design, Has there been a team that has had the end zone colored in a different color than what their primary home jerseys are? 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JagMatt said:

I must say this year’s field will look better than the previous few years. I’m thankful for the saloon font and the return of a 2 bar helmet warms my heart. I’ll try to overlook the fact that it’s onky in one end zone and be thankful for what we have. I’m actually very surprised they threw a curveball and went with a yellow end zone for the Chiefs. This may be a FIRST!: Since they abandoned the helmets in the end zone design, Has there been a team that has had the end zone colored in a different color than what their primary home jerseys are? 

Broncos in SB50

Broncos in XLVIII

Steelers in XLV

Saints in XLIV

Steelers in XLIII

Steelers in XL

yUTIIqk.png

18 minutes ago, Wackyriderfan14 said:

Broncos in SB50

Broncos in XLVIII

Steelers in XLV

Saints in XLIV

Steelers in XLIII

Steelers in XL

Steelers makes sense because they already had a tradition going with their previous Super Bowl appearances. The Broncos not going with an orange end zone the 2 most recent times, still baffles me. Nonetheless, I’m glad KC will have the yellow end zone. Should make for a great contrast.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

Some steps in the right direction for the NFL and Super Bowl fields this year. A bit more consistency between endzones would be nice though, and the return of some sort of logo to the right side of the endzone to put the wordmarks back in the center would be an improvement.

012320201538_l.jpg

We also get the first ideas of what will be in the team boxes. At least for Kansas City they will have their standard logo. I'd hope they'd go with a red team box for some contrast with their endzone. It will be interesting to see what logo will be in the 49ers team box, if it's their standard logo, or a helmet (I'd guess standard logo).

Should be a good looking field once it's all finished.

Also what is great....The designated home team sideline is back on the press box side 

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

3 hours ago, JagMatt said:

Steelers makes sense because they already had a tradition going with their previous Super Bowl appearances. The Broncos not going with an orange end zone the 2 most recent times, still baffles me. Nonetheless, I’m glad KC will have the yellow end zone. Should make for a great contrast.

My best guess is that the Broncos endzone was blue because the wordmark is always orange in their stadium.

3 hours ago, ShlyKBMT said:

1. Not a fan of two different style end zones

2. Miss the conference logos / 2 helmet template.

3. Why does the 49ers helmet have no stripes? This bugged me in the regular season too. 

agreed on points 1 & 2. To me they got it 80% right. End zone Color choices and fonts are perfect. Just the final touches and lack of consistency that misses the mark. 

I’d prefer the Niners to simply have their oval SF logo if they’re not going to have both teams have The helmets. Of course, I’d prefer centered word mark bookended by team helmet and conference logos. 

It Would’ve been cool for the 100th Anniversary to do the old AFL logo and NFL logo circa 1967 in the appropriate end zones. The Chiefs already wear that AFL logo on their jerseys anyway. 

I’d also prefer chiefs red and Niners Gold in their team boxes but I get that having SF red end zone and KC Red Sideline could be confusing. Mostly though, I loved having the team colors striped on the 25 and 2 pt Hash. Small detail that went a long way. 

BUT, this is way better than the last 5-10 SB field designs so overall I’m happy. I turn 40 one week exactly after SB54, live in KC and used to work for the Chiefs. 1st time in my lifetime seeing my team in the big game. Thank you Mr. Mahomes! 

Still don't like this 1 logo offset look. Could it have been the Patriots' fault back in SB49 with their wordmark/logo combo? Could it be Madden's influence with all these televised tournaments and not wanting the end zones to show the N or the A when 2 teams from the same conference play? I've been puzzled by this since SB 50 when it all started.

If the Bengals ever make the Super Bowl, do you think their end zone would reflect their end zone at Paul Brown stadium? Which would mean black tiger stripes? Any way you could design this years Field when you have time Pitt with the bengals end zone that way? Also wonder why the Bengals are the only team to have their helmet decal in the conference logo helmet as well? 

1 minute ago, WhoDey69 said:

If the Bengals ever make the Super Bowl, do you think their end zone would reflect their end zone at Paul Brown stadium? Which would mean black tiger stripes? Any way you could design this years Field when you have time Pitt with the bengals end zone that way? Also wonder why the Bengals are the only team to have their helmet decal in the conference logo helmet as well? 

No, they would not. And they had the decal because otherwise they would be the Browns.

And the Bengals would have had a Black  Face Mask. Those would be a few differences. Be interesting to see why the NFL went that route. Also, more I think about it, if the Bengals requested the Tiger stripes in the end zone, like the 49ers made their request this year, I’d say the NFL would go that route. 

1 hour ago, RamosLynn said:

No, they would not. And they had the decal because otherwise they would be the Browns.

I remember thinking as a kid the reason they kept the stripes for the conference logo helmet also, was because the Bengals painted the stripes on the helmet instead of using a decal. So it’s literally considered part of their helmet. I was just 6 years old, but it’s still not a bad theory. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JagMatt said:

I remember thinking as a kid the reason they kept the stripes for the conference logo helmet also, was because the Bengals painted the stripes on the helmet instead of using a decal. So it’s literally considered part of their helmet. I was just 6 years old, but it’s still not a bad theory. 

And you may be right.