Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
On 1/7/2021 at 12:19 PM, noodlesnchips said:

Pitt6pack, have you ever thought about doing the Rose Bowl fields or maybe the BCS/Playoff National Championship games?

I've definitely thought about it, but I for sure do not have the time. It would be a good project though.

Also, I noticed all the field images in this thread now no longer work. I think the boards no longer support images with an HTTP link, only HTTPS. So that's unfortunate, since all the images I posted are hosted on the Gridiron Fields Database, and we don't haven't had the money to pay for an SSL certificate for HTTPS. I'm not sure what I'll do about fixing all the broken links in here, but that's going to be a time consuming task.

On to Super Bowl field topics, we've got playoffs this weekend! So, almost time for some field concepts. I'll probably wait until after the wild card round before putting some matchups together. In the meantime, here is the template I have for the field at the moment:

gxKO0Qr.png

I'd post the full sized image, but it's much too large.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pitt6pack said:

Also, I noticed all the field images in this thread now no longer work. I think the boards no longer support images with an HTTP link, only HTTPS. So that's unfortunate, since all the images I posted are hosted on the Gridiron Fields Database, and we don't haven't had the money to pay for an SSL certificate for HTTPS. I'm not sure what I'll do about fixing all the broken links in here, but that's going to be a time consuming task.

Maybe just a link in the original post to the database? 

The shame is losing the "Alternate Super Bowls." 

iq5b7nF.png

On 2/16/2020 at 3:00 PM, americanhero24 said:

Next year's Super Bowl is in Tampa. Based on where the locker rooms were for Super Bowls XXXV and XLIII, would think we see AFC on the right and NFC on the left next year. Thanks to@pitt6pack for these fields from those two games. Is there one for LV yet?

spacer.png

43.png

A mighty gorgeous field right there. Wow, have the times/fields changed......for the worse!! SB fields suck now in comparison to that field. The NFL has gotten so damn lazy.

• Like 1

Divisional week is approaching. It's time for some endzones!

Of the remaining 8 teams, this is what I believe we'd see for their endzones, if they made the Super Bowl, based on the recent Super Bowl field trends.

AFC

Cleveland Browns

Helmet and wordmark size are the same as at their home stadium

p4EYnJT.png

Kansas City Chiefs

Same endzone as Super Bowl LIV

QLKMWx5.png

Baltimore Ravens

Same logo and wordmark size as was used in Baltimore from 2003 to 2015 (wordmark size is still the same today).

AwAF8ii.png

Buffalo Bills

Wordmark size the same as at Bills Stadium, and same color pattern for a blue endzone.

WWkFo66.png

NFC

Los Angeles Rams

Same as their home endzone (well, the bad home endzone, but this is the Rams logo and wordmark).

FPQ0RF7.png

Green Bay Packers

Wordmark size the same as in Super Bowl XLV, but a larger logo than used in that game, to fill up the empty space of an endzone devoid of a conference logo.

Va0CKQ8.png

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

With the game being in Tampa, I'm sure the wordmark will be the same size as used in Buccaneers home games.

3MTjk5h.png

New Orleans Saints

Logo and wordmark the same size and distance from each other, as in Super Bowl XLIV.

ngRfNmg.png

Alright, so these are my predictions. I'm hoping we see better overall endzone designs than we have seen since Super Bowl 50. Return of helmets, or conference logo. Something.

I think the best thing about the remaining teams, is the variety in the endzone colors. We've seen so much navy in the past several years, with the Patriots, so good to see no navy this year, and hopefully no royal blue on royal blue super bowl.

• Like 2

Couldn't help myself from making some concepts.

I have each team in one concept, and just made these based on seeding.

I put the AFC in the left endzone, as that's where the AFC has been since Super Bowl LI.

1sMnho0.png

nk7uULV.png

Hk7hkjB.png

gfYsXS1.png

• Like 3

@pitt6pack Nicely done as always and even though I'm a 49ers fan, I too am excited with the variety of color schemes we have this year. Worst outcome would be Bills vs. Rams or Chiefs vs. Bucs. Something tells me the Chiefs might go with a red end zone unless they play the Bucs. The Chiefs, Bills, or Browns vs. the Packers would look great. I do believe that per rotation, the designated home team this year is the NFC representative so as for the jerseys, it would be the Packers green, Saints black, Bucs red, or Rams blue. I personally love the Chiefs and Bills white jerseys over their red and blue jerseys. The Browns look good in their white jerseys but the Ravens look so much better in their purple or black jerseys. I'm excited to see how it all shakes out, best of luck to all of the remaining teams and thanks again @pitt6pack for all the brilliant work you've given us over the years!

• Like 1

Can't believe that we are to the point where we are making field concepts for a potential Browns Super Bowl. Before this year, I never saw them win a playoff game. Now I doubt that we are getting there since we do face the Chiefs this weekend, but man it would be amazing if we did make it.

• Like 1
yalSCLI.png
spacer.png
JnGTN1H.png

On 1/15/2021 at 7:24 PM, DDG88 said:

I have done some of these. Here is a link to my imgur https://imgur.com/gallery/b1M5x26  I always love the look of the Rose Bowl field.  

Wow, I love the stadium outlines on these; best I've seen it done. Really increases the realism.

• Like 1

On 1/15/2021 at 12:18 PM, pitt6pack said:

Divisional week is approaching. It's time for some endzones!

Of the remaining 8 teams, this is what I believe we'd see for their endzones, if they made the Super Bowl, based on the recent Super Bowl field trends.

AFC

Cleveland Browns

Helmet and wordmark size are the same as at their home stadium

p4EYnJT.png

Kansas City Chiefs

Same endzone as Super Bowl LIV

QLKMWx5.png

Baltimore Ravens

Same logo and wordmark size as was used in Baltimore from 2003 to 2015 (wordmark size is still the same today).

AwAF8ii.png

Buffalo Bills

Wordmark size the same as at Bills Stadium, and same color pattern for a blue endzone.

WWkFo66.png

NFC

Los Angeles Rams

Same as their home endzone (well, the bad home endzone, but this is the Rams logo and wordmark).

FPQ0RF7.png

Green Bay Packers

Wordmark size the same as in Super Bowl XLV, but a larger logo than used in that game, to fill up the empty space of an endzone devoid of a conference logo.

Va0CKQ8.png

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

With the game being in Tampa, I'm sure the wordmark will be the same size as used in Buccaneers home games.

3MTjk5h.png

New Orleans Saints

Logo and wordmark the same size and distance from each other, as in Super Bowl XLIV.

ngRfNmg.png

Alright, so these are my predictions. I'm hoping we see better overall endzone designs than we have seen since Super Bowl 50. Return of helmets, or conference logo. Something.

I think the best thing about the remaining teams, is the variety in the endzone colors. We've seen so much navy in the past several years, with the Patriots, so good to see no navy this year, and hopefully no royal blue on royal blue super bowl.

I could be wrong but I almost guarantee the chiefs will be red unless it’s vs the Bucs

yUTIIqk.png

On 1/15/2021 at 12:51 PM, pitt6pack said:

Couldn't help myself from making some concepts.

I have each team in one concept, and just made these based on seeding.

I put the AFC in the left endzone, as that's where the AFC has been since Super Bowl LI.

1sMnho0.png

nk7uULV.png

Hk7hkjB.png

gfYsXS1.png

So we now know that the final 4 teams in contention to play in Super Bowl LV are the following matchups:
AFC Championship Game:
Buffalo Bills vs. Kansas City Chiefs
Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Green Bay Packers.
Hey @pitt6pack, could you please update with possible team matchups? I'm meaning Chiefs vs. Packers, Chiefs vs. Buccaneers, Bills vs. Packers or Bills vs. Buccaneers. Also, I have to mention that if the Tampa Bay Buccaneers advance to Super Bowl LV as NFC champions, it would mark the first time in NFL history that a team played in the Super Bowl in its regular home stadium.