Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

These are the possible fields I think we could see for Super Bowl LV. I included a red endzone for the Chiefs as well as yellow. As @Wackyriderfan14stated, there is a possibility of a red endzone for the Chiefs (if you rememeber the 2019 playoffs, the Chiefs used yellow endzones at home that year). The Chiefs are the only team that I can see with two different possible endzone colors, of the teams left. 

Chiefs at Packers

huVIStS.png

Chiefs at Packers B

XXgLfrk.png

Bills at Packers

1sD83dV.png

Chiefs at Buccaneers

hrBkFXh.png

Chiefs at Buccaneers B

2yreWSM.png

Bills at Buccaneers

yzyZQZ5.png

• Like 3

Chances of retro Super Bowl I retro field.....zero....but one can hope I guess. 

I was hoping the Buccaneers would get a pewter end zone with red lettering in Super Bowl XXXVII. A gold Packers end zone with green lettering would work too I think, however not sure what to with the outline around the "G." 

iq5b7nF.png

6 minutes ago, jc... said:

Chances of retro Super Bowl I retro field.....zero....but one can hope I guess. 

I was hoping the Buccaneers would get a pewter end zone with red lettering in Super Bowl XXXVII. A gold Packers end zone with green lettering would work too I think, however not sure what to with the outline around the "G." 

Well, on a retro field, the outline for the 'G' would be a helmet, which would of course be the best option.

There is also a very real possibility, as I'm realizing how the Bills officially display their wordmark, that their endzone would look like this:

SvtvkbB.png

Just a plain white wordamark on a blue background. Knowing the NFL, this seems more likely.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cdh72469 said:

I would just love to know who at the NFL offices decided to make Super Bowl fields' end zones asymmetrical or unbalanced by removing the conference logos and the fields BLAH with just plain white numbers.

A group of morons in the Creative Marketing Department. Pure stupidity and utter laziness!!

I've been working on a little side project with the Super Bowl fields since March, that I just started to pick back up on. But I wanted to create some sort of printable field graphics, that I would eventually hang in my home office (just the Steelers fields for Super Bowls they had won).

So far I think they've turned out nicely, but I may make a few tweeks here and there. I'll take suggestions as well on how to improve on these.

Note, these aren't full size (because full size is enormous, and won't upload to imgur).

j5fCQwo.png

lyrdELm.png

b9sjVIf.png

k5Lg1ix.png

t0QkWaR.png

ToUXyPT.png

Consistency on the logo sized has been the greatest challenge. Plus, on Super Bowls with long numerals, (like XXXVIII) that decreases the space I have to place the logos.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Jay_Mellowed said:

One thing that comes to mind for the printable graphics, have you considered finding a space to place final scores in the information section? 

16 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

Those are really really cool. If you can slide the final score in under the logos, I think you really have something there. 

I've certainly thought about adding final scores. The challenge is in finding a consistent place to put them, since the text, and team logos are different across all the games. 

Looks like the best place I can fit scores is left and right of the date, but, they would have to be the same font size as the date, even if there's more space above, because some graphics will not have that space.

If I want to put the scores centered under the logos, then I may have to move some logos up, to make room. In some cases, I can't move the logos up, because there is no room, or some logos are just too tall. Scores may just have to be inconsistent between graphics, and done on a case by case basis. For me, if I did print all the Steelers winning Super Bowl's, I'd like the score and logo placement to be consistent, at least for those fields. So, who knows. It really only matters if I ever decide to make prints.

Here's some examples:

qVYeU0v.png

r2cxjFl.png

mbaysAC.png

oHVT59v.png

EmLWGjd.png

x6oaTPX.png

mnKPfie.png

zrush4E.png

The first image for each field has the scores located directly under the 15 yard lines, same height as the date text.

The second image for each field has the scores centered under the logos, best I could. Some logos need to shift up in order to fit the score. I also tried to keep the height of the scores form the bottom of the graphic the same for the same game, even if I couldn't match the height of the date text.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RayFinkle said:

Pitt,  why do you think that a red Chiefs endzone for this years SB would have a yellow wordmark instead of a white one? 

I'll let him answer the question. I think yellow makes sense since Chiefs place wordmark in either red or yellow all the time.

I don't think I've seen a white Chiefs wordmark before. Yellow would look more familiar.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RayFinkle said:

Pitt,  why do you think that a red Chiefs endzone for this years SB would have a yellow wordmark instead of a white one? 

Just hopefully for a yellow wordmark I guess. It could very well be white on a red background, it's just hard for me to see plain white on the red background, if yellow is the Chiefs second major color. I see it more likely that they'd go with the yellow endzone again though. If they do go with red, I think it'll be the first time a team had differen't colored endzones in consecutive Super Bowls (I think). There were a couple teams that had different endzone colors two out of three years: Dolphins in XVII and XIX, Rams in XXXIV and XXXVI (correct me if I'm forgetting any). For the Dolphins, it was interesting, because they did change their logos, but the Rams of course did an entire team design makeover between 1999 and 2001.

10 hours ago, Silence of the Rams said:

Any chance of the other combos in this style

Perhaps, if I have the time. I will for sure if we see a Packers Bills, or Chiefs Buccaneers Super Bowl, along with a bunch of other concepts for the actual Super Bowl matchup.

33 minutes ago, jc... said:

I would buy every one of those prints. Amazing as always sir!

If I could find a way to do it legally, I for sure would sell them, as a way to raise money to fund the Gridiron Uniforms Database. I'd definitely have to print a couple for myself first, to get them to come out right. Plus, I think I need to go back and edit all of the Super Bowl fields from 13 through 54, and update the directional arrows to be the appropriate size. That will be an undertaking in it's own.  

• Like 2