Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

1 minute ago, amkirby10 said:

So I did made my own concept of what I expect the field to look like, but it basically ended up being virtually identical to Pitt's concept, so there's no reason to post it. Just for fun, I also decided to make a couple concepts of what I would have liked to see for the game.spacer.png

As you can see, the big changes were adding the conference logos to the end zones, and swapping the Super Bowl and NFL logos, so that one big Super Bowl logo would be at the 50 and two smaller NFL logos at the 25s. I've always liked the idea of the Super Bowl logo at the 50 as opposed to the NFL logo. The other changes I made were white outlines on the team scripts in the end zone. The Chiefs one was small, one pixel wide, because I thought it looked better straight on the yellow, as can be seen on the actual field. The Buccaneers one was a lot thicker, at 3 pixels, but I think it looks much better with the white outline than it did just black on red. 

spacer.png

This concept was largely the same as the other, with the obvious changes in end zone colors, from yellow to red for the Chiefs, and from red to pewter for the Buccaneers. I also removed the white outline from the Chiefs, and changed the Buccaneers script color from pewter to red to coincide with the change in the end zone color. I like the look of the pewter end zone for TB, actually. 

I'd be interested in any feedback on my concepts, if you guys liked them or not. I've followed this thread for several years now and have always found it fun, it inspired me to start making my own fields on Photoshop. 

Nice work!!!  Personally, I love the pewter end zone - while I do like how the Bucs red did turn out as contrasted to KC's  yellow, the pewter would have unique in the 55 super bowls!  Great work!!

35 minutes ago, amkirby10 said:

So I did made my own concept of what I expect the field to look like, but it basically ended up being virtually identical to Pitt's concept, so there's no reason to post it. Just for fun, I also decided to make a couple concepts of what I would have liked to see for the game.spacer.png

As you can see, the big changes were adding the conference logos to the end zones, and swapping the Super Bowl and NFL logos, so that one big Super Bowl logo would be at the 50 and two smaller NFL logos at the 25s. I've always liked the idea of the Super Bowl logo at the 50 as opposed to the NFL logo. The other changes I made were white outlines on the team scripts in the end zone. The Chiefs one was small, one pixel wide, because I thought it looked better straight on the yellow, as can be seen on the actual field. The Buccaneers one was a lot thicker, at 3 pixels, but I think it looks much better with the white outline than it did just black on red. 

spacer.png

This concept was largely the same as the other, with the obvious changes in end zone colors, from yellow to red for the Chiefs, and from red to pewter for the Buccaneers. I also removed the white outline from the Chiefs, and changed the Buccaneers script color from pewter to red to coincide with the change in the end zone color. I like the look of the pewter end zone for TB, actually. 

I'd be interested in any feedback on my concepts, if you guys liked them or not. I've followed this thread for several years now and have always found it fun, it inspired me to start making my own fields on Photoshop. 

That Pewter endzone is super nice!!!

17 hours ago, amkirby10 said:

spacer.png

Nice!

You should do a mock up combo of the gold Chiefs' end zone with the pewter Bucs end zone.

It's just ridiculously crazy how posters on this board can design a better SB field than the NFL. And by far!!

Awesome fields, amkirby10. The Pewter endzone is sweet. Gosh how I miss the Conference logos.

The real Bucs SB endzone is just too dark for me. Darkish red with darkish gray wordmark = no pop. Chiefs endzone is spectacular, the red, the white the yellow, three colors make it happen.

SKtr7eN.png

Just one more design for fun. I suck at actually placing the design together, the teambox background color is all irregular and stuff lmao. But here it is. Again, if someone who actually knows how to do this wants to do a better job than i did, go right ahead, just figured I would try this.

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind feedback, everybody. Somebody requested a markup of the gold Chiefs end zone with the pewter Buccaneers end zone, so I figured I'd make a couple. I decided to do two versions of it, one in the style the NFL has currently adopted, sans conference logos with large wordmarks, and one in my preferred style, with the conference logos and Super Bowl logo at the 50 instead of the shield. They can be seen below.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3

@Silence of the Rams Your custom field version looks so dope and epic. If only today's and future Super Bowl fields would look like this. Having the helmet in the left and right parts of the field, plus on the endzones, their team logos and their conference logos (on its current modern look). Plus I believe that each team's wordmarks should have a big wide version for the team name and the small thin version for the city/state/region name (like Seattle did in SB XL in 2006 (2005 season) and Arizonza did in SB LIII in 2009 (2008 season).

Edited by jlog3000
minor edit
  • Like 2
Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2011-12 ACC men's basketball conference tournament champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football regular season champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

11 hours ago, jlog3000 said:

@Silence of the Rams Your custom field version looks so dope and epic. If only today's and future Super Bowl fields would look like this. Having the helmet in the left and right parts of the field, plus on the endzones, their team logos and their conference logos (on its current modern look). Plus I believe that each team's wordmarks should have a big wide version for the team name and the small thin version for the city/state/region name (like Seattle did in SB L in 2006 (2005 season) and Arizonza did in SB LIII in 2009 (2008 season).

Thanks. I don't know if you caught this but I put the top part of the conference championship game logos instead of just the conference logos because if you think about it. They are the conference champions so it would make sense. Also Seattle did that in Super Bowl XL not L (They did take one that game 😋)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Silence of the Rams said:

Thanks. I don't know if you caught this but I put the top part of the conference championship game logos instead of just the conference logos because if you think about it. They are the conference champions so it would make sense. Also Seattle did that in Super Bowl XL not L (They did take one that game 😋)

No prob. And the conference championship game logos look sleeker to be honest. About the L part, I botched on my typing, which I later minor-edited my fix. :P

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2011-12 ACC men's basketball conference tournament champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football regular season champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

On 1/30/2021 at 5:40 PM, RamosLynn said:

SKtr7eN.png

Just one more design for fun. I suck at actually placing the design together, the teambox background color is all irregular and stuff lmao. But here it is. Again, if someone who actually knows how to do this wants to do a better job than i did, go right ahead, just figured I would try this.

Love this concept, nicely done!

• Like 1

On 1/30/2021 at 5:40 PM, RamosLynn said:

SKtr7eN.png

Really like this one. Reminds me a bit of Super Bowl IV. I had some concepts planned to do this years field "through the years", with the different field patterns through the years, but life happens and things came up, so that won't be happening anytime soon. I've loved seeing all of the concepts you all have been coming up with though, keep them coming!

Actually, I'd love to see this field with the conference and Super Bowl logos switched, and outlined NFL logos if someone is up to it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

Really like this one. Reminds me a bit of Super Bowl IV. I had some concepts planned to do this years field "through the years", with the different field patterns through the years, but life happens and things came up, so that won't be happening anytime soon. I've loved seeing all of the concepts you all have been coming up with though, keep them coming!

Actually, I'd love to see this field with the conference and Super Bowl logos switched, and outlined NFL logos if someone is up to it.

Thanks! Yeah, Super Bowl IV is probably my favourite field as well and it was an inspiration for me to do this one.