Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

Looks like you can see the outline of the Tampa Bay letter between the bottom of the Bills' I and where Hostetler is reaching the ball. I would chalk that up just to normal wear as the game progressed; nothing to change Pitt's design over.

Speaking of Tampa Stadium, I distinctly remember watching a Bandits game in 1984 and seeing remnants of the "R*dskins" wordmark and NFC helmet from the SB two or three months prior.  USFL brass couldn't have been happy about that. I may have to try and find it; may be on YouTube.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DZ said:

Looks like you can see the outline of the Tampa Bay letter between the bottom of the Bills' I and where Hostetler is reaching the ball.

Thinking about this some more, there was only one week between the conference title games and this Super Bowl. And with the onset of the Gulf War they probably didn't get to do the normal prep for a Super Bowl field.

spacer.pngspacer.png

On 2/11/2022 at 9:16 AM, Pleepleus75 said:

Het @pitt6pack, something I noticed watching some Super Bowl highlights. Looking at the Giants end zone in Super Bowl XXV, you can see the "Tampa Bay" wordmark bleeding through a bit. Not so much in the Bills end zone though. I've never noticed that before, especially seeing Norwood's kick seemingly every year this time of year.spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

YES!!   I noticed it Friday Night myself as I watched it on youtube!!!   Man did those players look gassed at the end of that battle.  What a game.  THAT was a man's game for sure.  Great game.

The big logos..... awesome!!

The shield........ looking good.

Rams end zone......meh. Not much that could be done with it to make it pop. Yellow would have been coooool.

Bengals end zone......needs more orange. Why the the white wordmark? Why couldn't it be their home field end zones designs??!!

On 2/11/2022 at 9:16 AM, Pleepleus75 said:

Het @pitt6pack, something I noticed watching some Super Bowl highlights. Looking at the Giants end zone in Super Bowl XXV, you can see the "Tampa Bay" wordmark bleeding through a bit. Not so much in the Bills end zone though. I've never noticed that before, especially seeing Norwood's kick seemingly every year this time of year.spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

I've noticed this too. I'm currently going back and re-doing the texture on all of the fields I have, so when I get to XXV, I'll take a closer look at some broadcast footage, and see what's generally visible.

If anyone, can get some good, high resolution images of the Super Bowl logo on the field, that in the best case, doesn't have any people, or players obstructing the logo, that would be a big help to me.

@SFCOM1sent me this good one

6A0BWIE.jpeg

I've also found this one, but the angle isn't ideal, and just a little bit has been covered.

28cb6bc0-8c38-11ec-8bfb-3a31b8397032

Made some needed updates.

t98Rjqg.png

Resized the logo and wordmark in the Bengals endzone.

Also changed the Bengals logo from what I had before. I didn't have the correct outline for the logo.

And last, added the phrases to the back of the endzones.

Last thing I will need to do is update the Super Bowl logo, once I get some better images of them on the field.

• Love 1

This whole Super Bowl was fantastic visually. The uniform matchup was great and these are the best the Super Bowl logos have been painted maybe ever. The detail on the colour, the vividness and the shades of the palm trees were on absolute point.

This was a beautiful in-game field. So much so I didn't mind the lack of conference logos in the endzones (of course that would have probably put it top 10 all-time for me).

Game was very good and halftime show was an all-time great. Hopefully fields in the future take the big SB Logos idea with tons of detail, because it made a world of difference.

6 hours ago, RamosLynn said:

This whole Super Bowl was fantastic visually. The uniform matchup was great and these are the best the Super Bowl logos have been painted maybe ever. The detail on the colour, the vividness and the shades of the palm trees were on absolute point.

This was a beautiful in-game field. So much so I didn't mind the lack of conference logos in the endzones (of course that would have probably put it top 10 all-time for me).

Game was very good and halftime show was an all-time great. Hopefully fields in the future take the big SB Logos idea with tons of detail, because it made a world of difference.

The uniform matchup was fantastic, and we did get a good amount of color. Bengals endzone could have been better, but the Rams endzone really had some good color to it.

48 minutes ago, Salvy_Mic said:

I don't know what kind of FieldTurf they use at SoFi, but for whatever reason the paint always looks really vivid and colorful.  It's by far the nicest FieldTurf in the NFL, in my opinion.  It seems far more lush and full.

I agree, even after the sun went down in LA, the field was very vibrant.

Speaking of, I'll need to go back and update a few things, some involving colors. I need to brighten the blue in the Rams endzone, and in the NFL logo, and adjust the red in the NFL logo slightly. Also, the yellow line on the field side of each teambox was 4 inches wide, as opposed to 8 inches, which I've got. Also, the turf all looked to be one shade, so I'll remove the darker shade from my field image. And lastly, I've found a good high res shot of the final logo on the field

1238453663.0.jpg

• Like 2

Super Bowl LVI: February 13, 2022 - SoFi Stadium, Inglewood, California

Los Angeles Rams - 23                    Cincinnati Bengals - 20

WO4aYmR.png

Field without teamboxes

Spoiler

YAfe4pW.png

Overall, this turned out to be a great looking field. Color in the Super Bowl logos was a huge difference compared to past years. The Rams royal blue, and the late afternoon sun really made this a nice field. 

< Super Bowl LV        First Post        Super Bowl LVII >

• Applause 1

3 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

On-field logos

Midfield

7MXNYQy.png

Super Bowl LVI Logo

II340E0.png

Endzones

PwVvxxq.png

JHpGmbk.png

Teamboxes

zJpZ3k9.png

q1QuN6v.png

Probably the best looking field with the template logo (although Super Bowl XLVII and XLIX looked good too with the logo, just wished the pats logo was in the corner over under the word mark )

3 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

Super Bowl LVI: February 13, 2022 - SoFi Stadium, Inglewood, California

Los Angeles Rams - 23                    Cincinnati Bengals - 20

WO4aYmR.png

Field without teamboxes

Reveal hidden contents

YAfe4pW.png

Overall, this turned out to be a great looking field. Color in the Super Bowl logos was a huge difference compared to past years. The Rams royal blue, and the late afternoon sun really made this a nice field. 

< Super Bowl LV        First Post        Super Bowl LVII >

Game was really good too except for the final drive when the refs decided to throw the flags after letting them play all night. But oh well.