European Soccer Concept Cup: Italy VOTING

raysox

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Requested feedback:

Orange Crush/AC Catania: Fantastic crest. If this were judged just on crests, it might be a top-five. Unfortunately, it didn't show up as a badge on the uniforms, which is the standard in soccer. Featuring it only as a partial logo on the sleeves is more what you'd see in arena football than in soccer. Also, the numbers were unrealistic--practically illegible on the home jerseys. They might work a little better if they didn't have that second colour on top of the white. And the text size for the player's name was enormous--imagine poor McGillicuddy trying to get his name on that jersey.

thebutkiker/FC Verona: Solid in many respects, but marked way down for one thing: the gradients. When I see gradients, I consider that they are difficult to reproduce in most textile applications, usually only workable as a silkscreen. If all the gradient areas on your jerseys were silkscreened, you'd have mighty uncomfortable uniforms. Another markdown was for not showing the backs of the uniforms. Not all uniform backs are the same, nor can they be predicted from seeing the fronts.

rATMcmK.png

Requested feedback:

Orange Crush/AC Catania: Fantastic crest. If this were judged just on crests, it might be a top-five. Unfortunately, it didn't show up as a badge on the uniforms, which is the standard in soccer. Featuring it only as a partial logo on the sleeves is more what you'd see in arena football than in soccer. Also, the numbers were unrealistic--practically illegible on the home jerseys. They might work a little better if they didn't have that second colour on top of the white. And the text size for the player's name was enormous--imagine poor McGillicuddy trying to get his name on that jersey.

thebutkiker/FC Verona: Solid in many respects, but marked way down for one thing: the gradients. When I see gradients, I consider that they are difficult to reproduce in most textile applications, usually only workable as a silkscreen. If all the gradient areas on your jerseys were silkscreened, you'd have mighty uncomfortable uniforms. Another markdown was for not showing the backs of the uniforms. Not all uniform backs are the same, nor can they be predicted from seeing the fronts.

Thank you very much Whittier. I never thought about the name size, probably should have put a longer name. As for the numbers, I see what you are saying... They are too busy and not something you would realistically see on a professional soccer jersey. I think my ignorance in regards to soccer is the reason there was no badge on the jerseys. Thank you for the feedback. I really appreciate it!

1. Palermo Great crest and I am particularly fond of the away shirt. Very typical of Diadora's style too.

2. Bolognia Ferrari identity is definitely something I can see the folk of that region supporting wholeheartedly. All of the individual elements are worthy by their own right, but put together they create in my opinion what is a solid identity. (this coming from somebody who despises Ferrari F1 too)

3. Rome 1 Great job of making the colour scheme work as well as you have Crash. Really nice IMO.

4. Naples Another unusual colour scheme executed brilliantly. I have to agree with others about the crown. It may have been better off without it at all which limits Naples to 4th place in my voting.

5. Messina Simple but very classy. Once again I am loving the away kit.

Just my opinions. There were a lot of great concepts in this round once again and I am honoured to be receiving votes - given the competition.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Ranked in order of bellisimoness...

1. Messina Calcio
  2. Napoli Calcio
  3. SS Genoa
  4. Città Milano
  5. Torino Empire

As in previous rounds, there are some very strong concepts which you feel bad about leaving out of your top five.

I would love some feedback on AC Catania if anyone is willing. It was my first concept (let alone soccer concept) I would love to hear y'alls thoughts on how to improve my design for next time.

When I get a chance, I plan on critiquing every entry for every country and speak to why or why not I thought it deserved a ranking. Stay tuned.

gYH2mW9.png

One more day left. Spain has less votes than the other rounds. Here is the rankings.

1. SS Genoa - 66 points

2. Trinita di Sicilia - 57 points

3. Torino Empire - 57 points

------------------------------------

4. Napoli Calcio - 50 points (OSC Paris Eliminated with 47 points)

------------------------------------

5. Messina Calcio - 36 points

6. Citta Milano - 24 points

7. SSC Olimpico - 21 points

8. UCV Parma - 18 points

9. Fierrezza Firenze - 14 points

10. Racing Modena - 10 points

Gonna call it now! Close battle between the top 4.

1. SS Genoa - 74 points

2. Trinita di Sicilia - 72 points

3. Napoli Calcio - 65 points

---------------------------------

4. Torino Empire - 60 points - now leads the wild card

5. Messina Calcio - 48 points

6. Citta Milano - 34 points
7. SSC Olimpico - 24 points
8. UCV Parma - 23 points

9. Fierezza Firenze - 15 points

11. AC Catania - 5 points
12. AC Ganci Bari - 3 points
13. FC Veneza - 1 point

14. FC Verona - 0 points

15. Roma FC - 0 points

So congrats to me, Jaffa, and JimmyN64 for advancing, and Mr Wonka now has to play the waiting game to see if the Empire can hold on to the coveted 16th seed.

Gonna call it now! Close battle between the top 4.

1. SS Genoa - 74 points

2. Trinita di Sicilia - 72 points

3. Napoli Calcio - 65 points

4. Torino Empire - 60 points - now leads the wild card

5. Messina Calcio - 48 points

6. Citta Milano - 34 points

7. SSC Olimpico - 24 points

8. UCV Parma - 23 points

9. Fierezza Firenze - 15 points

11. AC Catania - 5 points

12. AC Ganci Bari - 3 points

13. FC Veneza - 1 point

14. FC Verona - 0 points

15. Roma FC - 0 points

So congrats to me, Jaffa, and JimmyN64 for advancing, and Mr Wonka now has to play the waiting game to see if the Empire can hold on to the coveted 16th seed.

Underdogs for the win!!

Archived