NBA hockey jerseys

72freebie

I am making hockey jerseys for the NBA teams. I will go in alphabetical order. Comments and criticism are always nice so please do so. I have a rule that the logos cannot have anything to do with basketball so they may be tweaked a bit

Lets get started

I am doing the suns first because they are my favourite team

suns_zps81beb057.jpg

Atlanta Hawks

hawks_zps7cfe17f6.jpg

Boston Celtics

celtics_zps6f11596d.jpg

Brooklyn Nets

nets_zps1e4059b9.jpg

Charlotte Hornets

hornets_zpsbf91a645.jpg

qG3b3mu.pngK0Kq4L6.pnglSDF7kP.png

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would change the logo on the Hawks home and away. The hawk's talons look strange without the basketball there. Maybe just use the hawk head for all three.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

I would change the logo on the Hawks home and away. The hawk's talons look strange without the basketball there. Maybe just use the hawk head for all three.

That's exactly what I was going to say.

It's _____________ and Toledo still sucks.

[insert time here]

Here's my take:

Suns-Replace the black alternate with an orange one.

Hawks-For the red alt use "ATL" instead of Atlanta for the wordmark.

Celtics-Just use the shamrock on the home and road jerseys, similar to the Red Wings. You could use the logo you have on the home/roads on the alts though.

Nets-No problems with me. Good job on these.

Hornets-Consider only using the Hornet on the home and road jerseys. On the alternates, move "Charlotte" on top of the logo.

These are pretty good. I think the phoenix in the Suns' logo gets lost on the home uni. I think it needs a thicker border around the logo.

The hawk talons do look empty without a basketball, but thank you for removing the basketballs for this project. I think you should consider using their new logo that they unveiled this past week.

I think just a shamrock would work better on the Celtics' regular jerseys than the leprechaun. I think they should have a simple look, and the plain shamrock would provide that.

award%20sig.png

I like that you're actually taking the Basketball out, many of these concepts leave sport-specific items.

For Atlanta, I think it'd be cool to use the updated pac-hawk they just released for the alternate.

For Charlotte, I think a nice tweak would be to include stripes on the abdomen of the hornet. Not the whole basketball design, but the stripes help sell the hornet.

For Boston, I think a gold alt could be cooler than black.

Rather than simply removing all the basketballs, there are some cases where you can alter them into, say, a hockey puck. Atlanta would be a good opportunity to try this

Otherwise these are actually really good. Kudos.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I guess I'm not seeing it. Some of these just seem a little too unimaginative. I guess the Nuggets is interesting even though it is just the Avalanche's old template and the Mavs is quite original. The Away Cavaliers is original as well, albeit a little unconventional.

Overall the presentation needs a slight bit of work. I suggest a possibly larger template so the images don't look so pixelated. Some Shoulder patches and numbers on the back would be nice. The logos are also a little too large.

As suggested, you may want to try actually doing some bigger edits to the logos themselves. The Hawks one could easily have the Panthers style broken stick in the claws. The clover by itself would be better for the Celtics. I would have used another Hornets logo as not many Hockey teams have words on their logo. The Round logos make good shoulder patches.

Also, the images look stretched out vertically on here. When I click on the image though, it goes to it's normal shape. Not too sure why that is happening.

Okay, the concepts and ideas are definitely there, but the execution and presentation are definitely lacking. Nearly all of the logos are stretched vertically and the template, like others have said, is pixelated. Fix your presentation and that will help tremedously. Also, don't use a generic number font, and it would be nice to see the numbers for each team as well. Either include a back view of the jerseys or show the numeral font across the bottom or something.

Now as far as the concepts go, you have some really good ideas, but most of them need some work.

Phoenix: Love the striping and colors, but the crest on the home needs a white keyline. Black alt doesn't really bother me either.

Atlanta: I'll echo the hockey puck in the claws and drop the wordmark on the red alt. Also, maybe use the new pacman logo as a shoulder patch.

Boston: Use the striping from the trim on their basketball uniforms. Not a big fan of the Leprechaun head on the home and away, but I don't hate it. There's nothing fundamentally wrong with it. The black alt doesn't work. maybe green with gold and white trim would be better with a shamrock trimmed in gold for the crest. The shamrock roundel should be the shoulder patch for all three.

Brooklyn: No complaints about the home and away, but the alt needs to be scrapped. Is it supposed to be grey? Maybe go with a white alt with the old Brooklyn Dodgers script.

Charlotte: The home and away crest is too busy. I think the new Hugo would work great for a primary crest and i shouldn't like the alt, but I really do.

Chicago: Right now, the striping is almost exactly the same as Boston. Use the pattern from the basketball uni trim. Use the Bulls' block font on the black alt.

Cleveland: The primary crest is not working. It's too horizontal. Maybe the C sword logo. On the white uniform, drop the yoke and side panels. The crest on the alt is too big also.

Dallas: Not bad, but I would go ahead and add the basketball back into the primary crest and just turn it into a hockey puck. Without that part of the logo, there is a lot of empty space in the awkwardly shaped logo.

Denver: don't change a thing. This one is a homerun

Archived