NBA hockey jerseys

72freebie

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't stretch my template I just paste it into a paint document

Then use a different template. These come out really pixelated. Try Paint users paradise. The main for hockey template in that thread I used for a while and had no problems with it. And just use the resize tool in paint. Figure out what size the average crest is for that template and keep the maintain aspect ratio on. Ok that should solve most of your problems.

Jake88%2BSignture.png

I know I have to get rid of excess white on a lot of the logos and it takes more time than it should. I want to note that I probably won't have any more concepts up until Thursday because I have exams but expect me to be posting all summer

qG3b3mu.pngK0Kq4L6.pnglSDF7kP.png

These are a lot better!

I'll start off with Atlanta. I actually love that alternate, in all honesty, no complaints. The home is also really nice, the only thing I'd try to change is on the away to try and match the hem striping to the arm striping and try getting that red stipe on the hem. Doing that would give them a great set.

Charlotte is pretty good. My problem is that you have pointed striping but a rounded yoke. I'd leave the yokes out completely and just leave it as the jersey color and add side panels that match the arm striping. Once that is done I think those could be very sharp jerseys. No pun intended. Also on the Hornets, be careful on what colors to use for name and numbers, not just them but every team. Make sure you have a lot of contrast between name the numbers and the jersey color.

Celtics look decent too. The big problem with these are that the number is stretched. Or atleast I think it is. Also, you have hem striping on the front and it doesn't continue on the back of the jersey. Continue that on the back and you're good to go.

There are still execution errors I'll point out, but very nice progress. You're using a NIKE template now so you might have to adjust the way the jersey is made. Do these when you get better and don't try them right away until you can successfully do it without ruining the template. There are mesh panels on NIKE jerseys. You'll see under the arms and under the pits there are curved stitching patterns. On other NIKE templates you can see the mesh from the lately faded pixels but on this one you can't. Where the mesh is the striping won't be there. So the striping would cut off so it don't go where the mesh is. I know it sounds dumb but making it more realistic can go a long way. Also with NIKE, the stripes are usually higher up on the arms. Nearing where the numbers would go on a Reebok template.

You placed the numbers right here but keep in mind you want to put the sleeve numbers halfway on the jersey, not just on one half.

Other than that I really like the progress you're showing. A long the way testing out different templates will help out to and looking at hockey jerseys that are laid out so you can see the stitching on some jerseys and notice what happens with the striping that's on them.

I'll link you to HJC (HockeyJerseyConcepts) templates link and you can view the different templates they have for you to try out. At the bottom of the page there are links and one of them is a download to all NHL teams stiching templates in two different kinds of reebok forms. All NHL team CCM cuts. All IIHF NIKE cuts and some more. I recommend you download that file so you can practice using different stitching patterns and just getting a feel of how other jerseys look with a 2D template

Templates page: http://www.hockeyjerseyconcepts.com/p/templates.html

Download Folder for the whole pack of team Templates: http://www.mediafire.com/download/b1y1n4ue2uk4eju/Blank+Team+Templates.zip

I hope to see another update soon from you! Take care.

Yep. Good job using that template. Dylan pretty much summed it up, but I'd like to point out a few things.

-The black spaces in the helmet (like the jersey template) are supposed to stay black, same with the clear space at the bottom (these are my templates, I should know how they work :P)

-The shoulder numbers should be half on the front and half on the back, so the 23 on the Hawks jersey would have the 3 on one side and the 2 on the other.

(What Dylan said about the Mesh panels is right.)

All and all, these are miles better than the ones before them. Good luck with the rest of your updates!

Jake88%2BSignture.png

These just got 100x better by using the new template, and fixing shoulder logos/numbers. Atlanta and Charlotte both look great, but you stretched the Celtics numbers a little too much vertically.

spacer.png

Archived