National Football League helmet logos

The Lions' new logo has too many elements to scan well from a distance, and they kept the black, which sucks. That said, I prefer the new Lion to "Bubbles," and would love to see something like this:

Logo_zpsd261b818.png

you literally removed just four white lines.

Four completely unnecessary lines...

...and an equally unnecessary black outline. I would love it if they ever decided to go back to something more simple like this logo. Well done

The Lions' new logo has too many elements to scan well from a distance, and they kept the black, which sucks. That said, I prefer the new Lion to "Bubbles," and would love to see something like this:

Logo_zpsd261b818.png

...and an equally unnecessary black outline. I would love it if they ever decided to go back to something more simple like this logo. Well done

This logo actually includes several small tweaks to the overall shape of the lion as well. It's "literally" quite different when compared side to side with the actual logo. For instance, the nose is shaped differently, the paws are different, the eye is different, etc.

Logo_zpsd261b818.png

Agree to disagree I guess. I think those white lines add some dimension to the logo instead of it just being a blue mass shaped like a lion.

My main issue with the logo, and the reason I posted to this particular thread, is its use on helmets. When I'm watching them on the tube, I don't see "dimension." I see a cluttered cluster:censored:.

matthew-stafford-reggie-bush-detroit-lio

Logo_zpsd261b818.png

THIS IS TERRIFIC! TOO MUCH VISUAL NOISE CURRENTLY---GREAT JOB!!

Some teams have "modernized" their look or improved their look over the last 25 or so seasons. I wanted to get opinions on which you like, which you hate, which teams need to modernize, and which teams don't.

Miami - Although I know it's very unpopular to many on these boards, I actually love the updated logo. I dislike cartoonish looking logos for a pro team, especially football.

I hate the new flying aquafresh logo...I hate the white facemask....I hated the stripe at first, but that is growing on me....I would go back to the old style.

New England - Nice modern look, the "Flying Elvis" head. I know some wish Pat the Patriot would come back. I'm equally pleased with both, but don't see the Pats going back to the retro look, not when they've won 3 Super Bowls w/the current logo.

Love the flying Elvis logo and the helmet as a whole.....I am tired of Patriot Pat and hope they never go back to it.

New York Jets - I rather miss the kelly green helmets. I'd like to see them modernize back to that look, sans the "Jets" name on the helmet.

I love their current look.

Buffalo - Was glad to see them return to having white helmets again. The logo itself has been there since 1974, but I feel is fine.

White helmets are nice, but the facemask needs to be blue...the helmet stripe is fine and the logo is perfect.

Pittsburgh - Classic logo, it should never change. How do you all feel about the fact that they are unique in that they only have the logo on the right side of the helmet?

Never touch this helmet

Baltimore - I hate the gold "B" stuck in his head. It looks silly. The Ravens bore me, and I have never liked them, so I'm undoubtedly biased against them.

I prefer the older logo personally and wish they could go back to it.

Cleveland - I've seen some really good concepts that include a logo. I wouldn't mind seeing them add one, but if they don't, that's fine too.

Never put a logo on this helmet and make the facemask white

Cincinnati - Back in 1981 that look was so wild! Now it's a classic look that I would like to see stay. No bengal head, no "B", just keep the orange helmet and the black stripes.

Perfect...leave it alone

Indianapolis - Classic look, keep it as is.

Classic...prefer a blue facemask

Tennessee - I love the logo, an upgrade from the old oil derrick

Perfect...I love this helmet

Houston - Awesome logo, no change needed.

Perfect

Jacksonville - I actually love the logo update from the one that looked like black elbow macaroni. I just wish they would have keep the helmet all black.

Helmet needs to be all black.

San Diego - I am in the rare rare minority here, but I hate the white helmet w/the gold bolt. I hate the "powder blue" look. My favorite look was from 1974-87. The yellow lightning bolt on a dark blue background looks much better to me and more realistic.

I love the white helmet and logo and facemask.

Denver - Awesome update, got rid of that 70's looking "D" with the horse in it. It's a classic logo the "D", but this modernization is splendid.

Perfect as is.

Oakland - Never needs an update! Their logo and uniform is about all they have going for them.

Perfect...never touch

Kansas City - While it looks dated, I feel they should stay with it, no need to "modernize".

I love this helmet and I hope they never change it.

Dallas - Another classic. The helmet is great. The uniforms need to be more uniform color wise, and I wish they had the skinnier numerals too.

Leave as is...I hate the Boys, but I love their helmet.

Philadelphia - They modernized in the mid 1990s from the classic Kelly Green look to this midnight green. I personally never liked the darker helmet or uniform set. I'd like to see them go back to the Kelly Green look, which would have been perfect last year with Chip Kelly as their new coach. If Atlanta could go all black for Glanville, why not the Eagles going Kelly Green for Chip?

Go back to Randall Cunningham era.

Washington - Classic logo which I'm certain will vanish before long. Seems more and more "P.C." pressure being put on the team to get rid of the "Redskins" nickname.

Leave the name and helmet alone.

New York Giants - Classic look on a modern helmet w/the glittery blue. I'd like to see them go back to the darker blue like they had before though, but keep the "ny" logo. Much nicer than the "GIANTS" logo.

Love the helmet

Minnesota - I prefer the mid 1970s look for the helmet and the horn.

Would prefer a purple facemask, but black is better than gray

Detroit - While the modernization is okay, I'd prefer their early 1980s look, both helmet and uniform wise. Loved the silver numerals on the Hawaiian blue jerseys.

I like the updated helmet

Atlanta - Very nice modernization of the falcon. Would love to see red helmets return though, but looks very sharp in black too.

Love their current helmet....sick of the red one.

Carolina - Nice modernization of the logo itself. Surprises me a bit that their uniform numerals are vintage 1970s fare though.

Wish the helmet was black, but the logo is nice itself.

Tampa Bay - One of the nicest updates back in 1997. Only gripe is it resembles the 49ers too much. The 2014 helmet logo is a joke though, due to its disproportionate size.

Horrible update....Was at perfection and screwed it up this year.

New Orleans - Nice look they have now, helmet wise anyway.

Love the helmet

St. Louis Rams - Please go back to the navy blue helmet and the yellow/gold horn. The current helmet is so dull and dreary looking, even moreso when they play indoors.

Agree

San Francisco - Glad to see they went back to a somewhat late 1980s look.

Hate the updated helmet as I prefer the red facemask.

Arizona - Nice modernization of the cardinal head.

Nice helmet

Seattle - Love both updates, but also miss the 1976-2001 look.

Prefer the helmet before this latest update

Are you talking logos only or the helmet as a whole? If you talking about the helmet as a whole which I believe includes the facemask, then my comments are in red.

spacer.png

My main issue with the logo, and the reason I posted to this particular thread, is its use on helmets. When I'm watching them on the tube, I don't see "dimension." I see a cluttered cluster:censored:.

matthew-stafford-reggie-bush-detroit-lio

In addition to hating the black, I can never get over this silly extra-thin stripe. What is that about?

In addition to hating the black, I can never get over this silly extra-thin stripe? What is that about?

I really like the streamlined stripes, but you're right, the thin helmet stripe is lacking. It throws the helmet out of balance, for lack of a better phrase. Like the number font and logo, just a little too much thinking went on there.

Their dark blue endzone wordmark bothers me more than anything

As a Lions' fan, I never expect them to get the details right. They "own" Honolulu blue, but can't be bothered to get it right on the field. The tiny "Detroit" makes it even worse.

Archived