European Soccer Concept Cup: Spain VOTING

raysox

OK, as Mallorca is often referred as Germany's 17th state, I guess I'll give a try on Palma. :P

Board Name: Berlin Wall
City: Palma de Mallorca
Team Name: TBD
Colors: Green, Black, White

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I know the deadline is tomorrow, but what time tomorrow? I should be able to get you something today or tonight, though. It's just that my 18-month-old has very little respect for my schedule. ;)

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

1) Deportivo Madrid (The top 2 was so close. I barely chose Madrid as I liked the crest very, very slightly more. Extremely slim margin)

2) Club Deportivo Palma De Mallorca

3) Osos De Madrid

4) Leones De Zaragoza

5) Euskal Herriko Futbol Taldea

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

1. CD Palma Mallorca - There is something about Berlin Wall's clean designs that gets me every time. I would really love to own that third kit, even the shorts!
2. Deportivo Madrid - Again, Raysox, your designs - all of them - are amazing. This one is no different. For using only 2 colours - except clash shorts - you made this classy logo and kit that is simple, yet not boring.
3. Zaragoza - I'm a bit of a sucker for Green, Red, White and Gold - Minnesota Wild - your design was really simple, but I like it. I would like to have seen the full logo on the jersey, and maybe have the simplified logo on the shorts. The clash kit is very unique, I may wear the shorts backwards to have the whole right side red :P
4. Bilbao - I was really hoping someone would take Basque seriously much like Catalunya. I would have made the bottom half of the crest a wave like the coat of arms, but it was still great. Really like that third kit as well. I would have put the full logo on the white away kit though.
5. Osos de Madrid - Didn't like the template and the Nike logo was a bit small but there was a uniqueness to it that wasn't weird, but just enough to make you take another look, especially the stripping.

Honourable mention: Alhambra Granada, everything was great except I didn't like the clash jersey.

Honourable mention: Cordoba, at first the logo not being centred bugged me until I did some research and realized it was normal haha

A little context for my entry.

Corazon de Andalucia (Heart of Andalusia, the region which Malalga is in) has a heart-shaped crest featuring the tower of the Malaga Cathedral. My reasoning behind the modern crest is that it is a recent update of Carazon's historic crest. The back collar logo is two Roman columns, representing the Pillars of Hercules, the two points that flank the entrance to the Strait of Gibraltar, one of which is located in Andalusia, and is represented on old maps with columns. MCM is 1900, the year of founding.

The primary jersey is a classy white and navy kit, while the third is highlighter orange with waves indicating Malaga's ties to the sea. The second kit with green and purple is a nod to Malaga's city flag which is halved in the same manner. I don't know about you, but I love that second kit. Pernod Ricard is a French liquor company, but they are prominent in Malaga as well.

Enjoy!

1. Palma - Berlin Wall - CD Palma de Mallorca

Madrid 2 - raysox - Deportivo Madrid

Malaga - nas1787 - Corazon de Andalucia

Granada - davidmiller5 - Alhambra FC

Seville - VictoriaGooner - Sevilla Toreros FC

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Archived