• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1st: Leones de Zaragoza

2nd: Oso de Madrid

3rd: Deportivo Madrid

4th: Corazón de Andalúcia

5th: CF Catalunya a Barcelona

The unstitchability of some of these crests is knocking out what are otherwise good designs.

rATMcmK.png

The unstitchability of some of these crests is knocking out what are otherwise good designs.

There are now different ways of attaching crests to kits. They don't have to be directly stitched on anymore. For example, Florida now uses a badge that isn't embroidered because it is hard to get the detail of the gator head to look good. 2013-florida-gators-new-football-uniform

Whether or not you like this look is obviously personal preference, but the advances in technology have made a detailed crest able to be reproduced.

award%20sig.png

I completely understand what you're saying and I consider that when doing concepts, but I will defend those crests. There are a lot of professional crests that are intricate, yet they still appear on the jerseys. Off the top of my head, there's Manchester City and United, Barca. Although the club switched its kit crest, I would even throw Liverpool into that mix because they used to use the main crest.

Please note this isn't to suggest that the work here--and I'm only speaking about my own work--is on the level of the pro clubs, only that unstitchability isn't necessarily bad thing.

But anyway, call it sour grapes, if you like. :lol:

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

1. Leones de Zaragoza
  2. Deportivo Palma de Mallorca
  3. Deportivo Madrid
  4. Euskal Herriko Futbol Taldea
  5. Sevilla Toreros CDF

Life would be so much easier if we had more than five picks. ;)

I completely understand what you're saying and I consider that when doing concepts, but I will defend those crests. There are a lot of professional crests that are intricate, yet they still appear on the jerseys. Off the top of my head, there's Manchester City and United, Barca. Although the club switched its kit crest, I would even throw Liverpool into that mix because they used to use the main crest.

Please note this isn't to suggest that the work here--and I'm only speaking about my own work--is on the level of the pro clubs, only that unstitchability isn't necessarily bad thing.

But anyway, call it sour grapes, if you like. :lol:

I guess I was out of the loop with the technology. I'm old.

Raysox--would it be fair for me to re-evaluate and change my vote?

rATMcmK.png

I guess I was out of the loop with the technology. I'm old.

Raysox--would it be fair for me to re-evaluate and change my vote?

Your vote is fair as it stands, if you ask me. The stitchability/cleanliness of a crest should be a factor; I was just making the case is all.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Here are the current standings with a day to go. It's a 4 team race!

1. Deportivo Madrid - 72 points

2. CD Palma de Mallorca - 59 points
3. leones de Zaragoza - 56 points

-----------------------------------
4. Oso de Madrid - 54 points (Torino Empire holding the Wild Card spot with 60)
-----------------------------------

5. Alhambra FC - 24 points

6. Euskal Herriko Futbol Taldea - 18 points

7. Corazon de Andalucia - 15 points

8. Sevilla Torreros FC - 9 points
9. CD Cordoba - 4 points
10. CF Catalunya Barcelona - 2 points

Archived