5 NBA ROOKIE'S LOGO CONCEPTS

thrashlete

A branding exercise I did for my blog. Would love to get some feedback. Check out some of my other sports and design work-- link in my sig.

If you would like to see any other player logos, let me know! I'll take requests for any sport or player.

ROOKIECOV.jpg

Tyler Zeller, Cleveland Cavaliers, #40, if signed to Nike

tz1.jpg

tz3.jpg

Anthony Bennett, Cleveland Cavaliers, #15, if signed to Reebok *visual ques reference Toronto, Ontario (Bennetts hometown).

ab1.jpg

Victor Olapido, Orlando Magic, #5, if signed to AND1

vo-1.jpg

vo-3.jpg

Tobias “All Business” Harris, Orlando Magic, #12, if signed to Jordan *visual ques reference Tobias’s nickname

th-1.jpg

th-3.jpg

Ben McClemore III, Sacramento Kings, #16, if signed to Adidas *visual ques reference Adidas branding and Ben’s name.

bm-1.jpg

bm-3.jpg

Thrashlete-Logo1-400px.png

TRAIN DIRTY. PLAY DIRTY. DESIGN DIRTY.

Thrashlete.com

Thrashlete on Facebook

Thrashlete on Twitter

The Oladipo one is very nice.

I think the Ben McLemore one could be improved by using a more consistent stroke weight across all parts.

Thanks.

For Ben's, that would definitely help the balance in the logo a bit-- something I was having trouble with when I was designing it.

Thrashlete.com

Thrashlete on Facebook

Thrashlete on Twitter

Could you do one for damian lillard? Would love to see what you come up with considering his recent deal with adidas.

Sounds like a challenge I can take up! Do you know any references for Adidas Player logos? Ive seen a couple for some of their soccer signee's like Messi. A lot of times I see them try to incorporate the stripes, but I haven't seen too many of their basketball player logo's, except like D-Rose.

Thrashlete.com

Thrashlete on Facebook

Thrashlete on Twitter

Nice approach with the Zeller and Olapido logos. Really dig those.

Not such a big fan of the tie logo. Perhaps it needs more simplification as the tie is a bit too prominent. Also looks too long - perhaps you can shorten it by bringing in some perspective.

Also looked at your site. Apart from the broken 'style' link and the missing 'about' content I really like your work. Especially the IC1 logo.

Atbw

Daniel

What is Anthony Bennett's supposed to be? Not really seeing anything except scribble.

At least you see something ;).

The "Trilliumband" is a symbol that represents Ontario, the province which Bennett is from.

ontario_logo2.jpg

The cross bar was an abstraction of the "A", leaving 2 "petals" to construct an abstract "B"

Maybe my execution was weak, but these were just for fun. Thanks for allowing me to explain a bit, that one is hard to understand without a point of reference.

Thrashlete.com

Thrashlete on Facebook

Thrashlete on Twitter

Nice approach with the Zeller and Olapido logos. Really dig those.

Not such a big fan of the tie logo. Perhaps it needs more simplification as the tie is a bit too prominent. Also looks too long - perhaps you can shorten it by bringing in some perspective.

Also looked at your site. Apart from the broken 'style' link and the missing 'about' content I really like your work. Especially the IC1 logo.

Atbw

Daniel

Really great critique! Definitely going to try the perspective approach.

Sorry it was a soft launch. For something I am working on today.

Thrashlete.com

Thrashlete on Facebook

Thrashlete on Twitter

Archived