Sign in to follow this  
DC in Da House w/o a Doubt

Best Minor League Hat

MiLB is having a vote for who has the best hat in the Minor Leagues. The page keeps popping out two hats and you vote on which you think is the better of the two. Voting continues until May 22

Have fun gents (and occasional ladies)

http://www.milb.com/milb/fans/caps/y2014/

If you wanna take a peek at the leaderboard here you go http://www.milb.com/milb/fans/caps/y2014/leaderboard_full.jsp

Fort Wayne Tincaps are my favorite.

edit:

Honorable Mentions

Asheville Tourists

Orem Owlz

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

Richmond Flying Squirrels

Dayton Dragons

Hillsboro Hops

Is this only AAA? Because if this is all levels, I'm disappointed that the Hillsboro Hops are not on the leaderboard.

Edit: I just got a matchup between two Cubs affiliates so multiple levels are included. So disappointed now.

Wow! Spending just 10 minutes voting on various match-ups proved to me that there are some absolutely f***ing horrendous caps being sported by minor-league baseball teams.

Is this only AAA? Because if this is all levels, I'm disappointed that the Hillsboro Hops are not on the leaderboard.

Edit: I just got a matchup between two Cubs affiliates so multiple levels are included. So disappointed now.

They're ranked 27th on the leaderboard.

Wow! Spending just 10 minutes voting on various match-ups proved to me that there are some absolutely f***ing horrendous caps being sported by minor-league baseball teams.

That's true (Iowa Cubs, Reno Aces), but there's also some really cool hats that you'd never see (nor would you want to see) at the major league level.

How the Asheville Tourists and Hillsboro Hops are not in the top 5 is crazy! The way the voting is set up isn't the most condusive to determining a true winner either.

Montgomery Biscuits FTW! Man I wish they were on that list.

In my opinion, the best cap in minor-league baseball is a toss-up between the Hillsboro Hops (home) and Idaho Falls Chukars (home) lids.

At the opposite end of the spectrum are the affronts to aesthetics sported by the Batavia Muckdogs.

Turns out I'm a sucker for animals in the shape of letters.

No no no

Mr celery of the Wilmington blue rocks is by far the best!! Although the Stockton ports asparagus one is a close second.

This is completely self-serving as I am a (very) minority owner of the team, but I love the Billings Mustangs home cap with red top, black bill and the alternate is pretty good-looking too.

I liked this hat:

41TMvdZRdpL._SY300_.jpg

until I noticed that the team name is spelled "Owlz" with a "z". :rolleyes:

I liked this hat:

41TMvdZRdpL._SY300_.jpg

until I noticed that the team name is spelled "Owlz" with a "z". :rolleyes:

The kewl way to spell.

Surprised the Quad Cities River Bandits are as high as they are (3 when I played this game for 20 minutes yesterday).

They reintroduced the classic "ballguy" last year -- which would have been a contender in 1995 when the Wu-Tang Clan liked to wear it -- and I've just never fully accepted the modern raccoon as a logo on that level.