MLB 14 The Show uni errors

WSU151

I've just been watching videos on YouTube of the PS4 game, and the SCEA team really has made some big errors on the unis. I've only watched two videos, and yet...

The Giants' batterman logo on the jerseys is wrong (it's orange/white/black instead of black/white/orange).

The Cubs alt road gray unis have the same number font as the regular road set.

The Pirates home whites have the mustard color on the trim and wordmark/number outlines instead of bright yellow.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Just bought a PS4 last night. Traded in my PS3 version of MLB14 as well. But while I was waiting an hour for some downloads and updates, there was a demo of Dodgers @ Giants.

Dodgers road jerseys look very light, almost white. and they don't have the proper bold front numbers, they're using just a smaller version of the lighter standard MLB block.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

With the road alternates, the Braves are wearing red undershirts. The last time the Braves wore red undershirts with any uniform was the 1999 Turn Ahead the clock game. I've only played one game so I'm sure I'll find more.

With the road alternates, the Braves are wearing red undershirts. The last time the Braves wore red undershirts with any uniform was the 1999 Turn Ahead the clock game. I've only played one game so I'm sure I'll find more.

Simba and Schafer occasionally wear a red sleeve, and I think a player in the early 2000's wore an actual red undershirt, although I'm probably wrong.

Simba and Schafer occasionally wear a red sleeve, and I think a player in the early 2000's wore an actual red undershirt, although I'm probably wrong.

Something like that will happen on occasion. Stanton wears an orange sleeve even though the undershirts are always black. Wright will wear an orange shirt a lot even though everyone else on the Mets go with blue as an undershirt. When I put my uniform database together, I will always go with what the whole team usually wears. But every once in a while we will see a player step out of the norm.

For the life of me, I cannot get a link to post today. Over at operation sports.com, I started a thread on the uniforms and it's errors/omissions. It's in the Show last Gen thread on the first page. If you guys could help contribute, that would be awesome.

KISSwall09.jpg

The Mets road uniforms are inaccurate as well. The New York woodmark still has the black trim on it even though the Mets got rid of it in 2012. It's been three years. I think its sad how one of the best sports video game franchises in America still cannot get their uniforms right. Pathetic.

ou49ed.png

What it should be:

2rr52sx.gif

What The Show has:

30utis7.gif

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382 

I don't have pictures but the Braves Hank Aaron throw'emback pants should have a red and blue pinstripe divided by a white stripe. On the game it has either a single thick stripe or a thick red and blue stripe. Can't quite tell. They also pair red undershirts with the jerseys and I can't recall that happening much, if at all. They have last year's Diamond Era but not this year's fauxback DE.

These are minor complaints. Overall the game is great. I'm new to the series and just picked it up on PS4. I don't think I have played a baseball game since PS2 or maybe even N64...plenty of base running and fielding errors from me!

the blue for the Brewers "alt" uniforms is too light, and the gold and blue home alternates are missing. As is the Blue home and road alt Mets. The new White sox Throwback BP hat is missing, and the Marlins home BP is solid white instead of the real white front panel. Marlins piping is too thick on the jerseys and pants. These are just a few that Ive noticed

the blue for the Brewers "alt" uniforms is too light, and the gold and blue home alternates are missing. As is the Blue home and road alt Mets. The new White sox Throwback BP hat is missing, and the Marlins home BP is solid white instead of the real white front panel. Marlins piping is too thick on the jerseys and pants. These are just a few that Ive noticed

The Show really seems to have something against panel caps for the Florida teams. This, and also the Rays' funky fauxback hat (at least on The Show 13) has a full light blue crown instead of the proper Padres-like bell shaped panel.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

Archived