• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) Nottingham Trent FC

2) FC Tyne
3) Steel City FC

4) London Royals FC

5) Leicester AFC

(honestly, I thought 1 and 2 were almost too close to call)

rATMcmK.png

Some very nice designs here; I resubmitted to Raysox so my file would show up a bit bigger. Heres my votes though:

1. Leicester

2. Bristol

3. Nottingham

4. Newcastle

5. London 2

HONORABLE MENTION: Sheffield - Great concept, a better look at the crest and a back view of the jerseys would have put you into the top 5 in my box, very nice effort on your part. Lots of potential there!

Some very nice designs here; I resubmitted to Raysox so my file would show up a bit bigger. Heres my votes though:

1. Leicester

2. Bristol

3. Nottingham

4. Newcastle

5. London 2

HONORABLE MENTION: Sheffield - Great concept, a better look at the crest and a back view of the jerseys would have put you into the top 5 in my box, very nice effort on your part. Lots of potential there!

Drats. Thanks for the kind words, all the same.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

All I can say is what a last domestic league. Excellent job by all! I had eight clubs finalized and it took me a while to decide my top 5. So here goes:

1. Nottingham Trent FC (Loved the link with the local cricket club...excellent job mate as always through the competition with your history and research!)

2. Steel City FC (I loved how you worked the concept into a kit unveiling that most clubs do in front of their supporters, excellent turn out)

3. London Royals FC (clean and respectful turn out, love the classic lines and the British iconic motifs)

4. Saint Domingo's FC (great job on what if...love the away kit and the simplified crest. Nice job on explanation)

5. FC Tyne (love the elements and motifs that are tied into the crest plus kits based on Newcastle upon Tyne)

Can't wait to see who comes out of this round. This could be the kicker for the Round of 16. best of luck to all!

Big thanks to raysox for giving me the chance to fill in for Shmee!

Really clean work here. Here's my top 5:

1. Steel City FC - Big fan of the story and the presentation here.

2. Nottingham Trent FC - Love the historical ties as an explanation for this one.

3. Castle Park FC - I'm a sucker for minimalistic kits with subtle designs. And I really like the simplicity of the crest.

4. Birmingham City FC - I'm not gonna lie, the striping on this one did it for me, even though the amount of extra space in the crest bugs me a little.

5. Royal Borough FC - Clean and simple overall, something I'd expect for a team in London. Not diggin' the crest typeface, though.

1. London 1 - chrisCLEMENT - Royal Borough FC

Newcastle - Lafarge - FC Tyne

Leicester - razr32154 - Leicester AFC

London 2 - DrDougFresh - London Royals

Birmingham - BlackBolt3 - Birmingham City FC

Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

In this round I'm far more familiar with the cities and regions than I am with the other countries we've seen, and some of these concepts do a great job of capturing something of the character of where they're based. Good work by all concerned.

My top five though...

1. Steel City FC
  2. Royal Borough FC
  3. FC Tyne
  4. London Royals FC
  5. Castle Park FC

Well looks like I'm not getting any votes

You never know. There is some tough competition this round, though.

Brief C&C, if you don't mind: The kits are nice, but I would simplify the castle in the crest. Not that a crest can't have detail like that, but it seems a little too much to me.

1. Nottingham

2. Newcastle

3. Sheffield

4. London 2

5. London 1

"Duckworth-Lewis" and "125 not out" were what really sold it in the end for 1st place. Couldn't choose between them otherwise. All of my top 5 votes were outstanding entries.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Archived