Minnesota= NBA Siberia

The NBA is the most top heavy league in North America. There are so many teams that have no chance of being any good.

The talent pool has dropped horrifically. The influx of high schoolers in the early-mid 2000s really hurt the NBA. The quick fix of "one-and-done" hasn't helped matters at all. When you have repeated instances of NBA bottom-feeders wasting high picks on non-NBA ready prospects and outright busts, you get this. And that's just a part of the problem.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You just know either Boston, New York, or the Lakers are going to win the top spot in the lottery tonight. The NBA doesn't want to see these three franchises down for long.

If the Knicks win, the pick goes directly to Denver as the result of the Melo trade, which would be hilarious.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

You just know either Boston, New York, or the Lakers are going to win the top spot in the lottery tonight. The NBA doesn't want to see these three franchises down for long.

If any of those teams get the top pick, who's going to turn them around?

If Cleveland still bombs after this, then I really don't know what to say. I feel bad for Andrew Wiggins, though. You actually want to lead your long-suffering hometown team to relevancy.........and they come out of nowhere and compete, thus removing themselves from the lottery and leaving you to play for another team.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

If Cleveland doesn't go to the Playoffs this year, whoever makes draft decisions there should be shipped to the Sun.

In another note, the Hornets got lucky with Detroit getting 9th. Could be a good draft for them.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

The NBA is hilarious. The draft lottery is a total farce but it's mystery is so shrouded that fan speculation is reduced to tribal shouts, guttural bellows into the flames, blood smeared across their faces.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Could LeBron come back to Cleveland after this???

I would hope LeBron learned his lesson about Cleveland the first time.

But good golly, I hope the Celtics have a superstar free agent leave them in free agency someday, if this what it will do for you.

Somehow, this shows exactly what's wrong with the lottery. When you had teams bombing as deliberately as they did, you can't help but chuckle at the fact that instead of any of those teams like the Sixers, Bucks, Jazz, or Celtics getting it, instead the #1 goes to a team that had it last year and completely squandered it.

I'm so Goddamn happy I'm a Spurs fan so I wouldn't have to deal with this madness.

And yes, LeBron is going to go back to a franchise that's had three #1s, fired their coach (who they fired already), dumped their GM, and likely won't bring in a marquee coach because the only GOOD choice that the franchise has made will likely leave at a moment's notice.

GR30a5H.png

Honestly, it's time to drop the lottery crap and just do a normal draft format like the NFL. It's not fair to franchises like the Bucks and Sixers who are trying to start their rebuild, or like the Nuggets, Suns, and Timberwolves who have never picked first overall, that the Cavs are getting bailed out yet again for their own incompetence.

xLmjWVv.png

I think I'm starting to hate the Cleveland Cavaliers now just for this ridiculousness with the draft since Lebron left.

I hope the Knicks get the same treatment if Melo leaves.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Cleveland has a history of outthinking themselves and doing dumb :censored: in the draft. They took Bennett last year for absolutely no reason and passed over Drummond the year before that so they could take an undersized 2 that needs the ball to be effective. I'm looking forward to seeing how they screw this one up.

Honestly, it's time to drop the lottery crap and just do a normal draft format like the NFL. It's not fair to franchises like the Bucks and Sixers who are trying to start their rebuild, or like the Nuggets, Suns, and Timberwolves who have never picked first overall, that the Cavs are getting bailed out yet again for their own incompetence.

The Celtics have never had a #1 pick either. Or do they not count because the people running the team aren't idiots?

This almost has to be fixed, how does a team win 3 of 4 years, and only have a 1.7% chance for the number one this year. It really is a joke, but hey, I'm not complaining B)

The real joke will be when the Cavs are in the lottery yet again next year after already getting three #1 picks in four years.

xLmjWVv.png

Archived