I can't wait for Clipper bandwagoners to be like "My teams is worth more than your team!"

Which is ridiculous since the Los Angeles Lakers would EASILY sell for $4B tomorrow if it came to it. Only other franchises that could call for that if it suddenly ended up on the market would be the Yankees and Cowboys.

GR30a5H.png

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When the Clippers are the ones winning the division, winning a playoff series and being sold for $2 Billion and the Lakers are the ones in the gutter, now's probably not a good time to call out the "bandwagon Laker 'fans'"

Just take the high road and shut up.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

When the Clippers are the ones winning the division, winning a playoff series and being sold for $2 Billion and the Lakers are the ones in the gutter, now's probably not a good time to call out the "bandwagon Laker 'fans'"

Just take high road and shut the {insert red word above} up.

Edited for CCSLC accuracy.

Looks like the Utah Jazz have found a head coach in Quin Snyder. I have an inkling that previous assistant Brad Jones (under Ty Corbin) will remain as an assistant, and (FWIW) ESPN is reporting that Snyder will pursue CKSA Moskow's Ettore Messina as an assistant.

Given that Jones and Alex Jensen (another rumored assistant) have D-League experience in coaching, this looks to be a very development-minded coaching staff.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Not that I think that Snyder is going to be a bad coach, but I still question why Ty Corbin was let go. Two winning seasons and then a bad year that was most likely planned to be bad. That's nothing to be excited about, but nothing to get your walking papers for, I don't think.

Not that I think that Snyder is going to be a bad coach, but I still question why Ty Corbin was let go. Two winning seasons and then a bad year that was most likely planned to be bad. That's nothing to be excited about, but nothing to get your walking papers for, I don't think.

The team was listless near the end of the season. They were 4-21 in their final 25 games.

The team was listless near the end of the season. They were 4-21 in their final 25 games.

True. I don't think Corbin was all that bad, either, but my main concern with him was that he didn't seem to push/develop the youth, largely relying on older players like Marvin Williams, Richard Jefferson, Josh Howard, even Al Jefferson. Granted, he had a hard hand dealt to him (replacing the previously longest-tenured coach in the Big 4 leagues), but he never seemed to have much of a long-term plan besides letting veterans win games, resulting in said 4-21 stretch (draft notwithstanding) to round out 2013-14. He was given plenty of time to bring considerable cohesion among the team and didn't manage to accomplish it. Don't get me wrong, he did well for his situation, but his time as Jazz head coach showed (to me, at least) that he's best as an assistant (as he was under Sloan).

As for Quin Snyder, I just don't know enough about the guy to draw a solid conclusion, given that he hasn't been a head coach for 8 years. That said, his recent experience as an assistant shows that he has a good idea of what he's doing. I'd love to see him bring aboard Ettore Messina (as is rumored), and I wouldn't mind seeing Corbin holdovers Brad Jones and/or Alex Jensen stick around, given their familiarity with the team and experience with developing players (given their D-League experience). Could Snyder prove to be like Corbin? Yes. Is it risky in hiring him? Of course. But a Snyder/Messina/Jones/Jensen staff, should it happen, has a common direction among themselves, and that's something Utah has lacked for the last little while.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

How the hell is Quin Snyder supposed to get cocaine in Salt Lake City?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So happy for D-Fish. I hope he has tremendous success in NY. He's one of my all-time favorite players and because of that I'll root for the Knicks as my 2nd team.

Congratulations Derek. This Laker fan (and hopefully all of Laker Nation) will always support you.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

I'm happy for D-Fish. Like you, he's one of my favorites (honestly, probably my all-time favorite. He's the only Laker jersey I own.) I hope he is successful, but I don't think he will be.

He has some modicum of front office experience with his time at the NBAPA, but I'm just not sure if it will work. Especially after seeing Jason Kidd in his first year (also in New York City.) and especially with the Knicks. I have faith in Phil as a coach of great teams, but idk how he will work with the Knicks in a managerial spot (more so how he'll work with James Dolan). I have faith in D-Fish as a person, but he has a very tough job ahead.

Best of luck to him, and hopefully we could meet in the Finals. (Or maybe best not. idk if I want to root against Fish and Phil :lol: )

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Can someone clarify if Derek Fisher is the new New York Knicks head coach? ESPN isn't being very clear about it and it seems like they're just trying to ignore the story completely.

/sarcasm

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I won't lie...that made me :D.

Can someone clarify if Derek Fisher is the new New York Knicks head coach? ESPN isn't being very clear about it and it seems like they're just trying to ignore the story completely.

/sarcasm

Because Miami Heat. #TheWorldwideLeader

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

I won't lie...that made me :D.

/sarcasm

Because Miami Heat. #TheWorldwideLeader

I'm just waiting for Skip Bayless to compare Derek Fisher to Jesus

Archived