Cool Base Jerseys

Warthog

In some cases, the teams have gone all in. In others, the team gives the players the choice. And then there are the Yanks and Jays, who are not on board with COOLBASE at all.

Henderson's last update of the guide (2012) had the breakdown like this:

All COOLBASE (16): HOU, ATL, MIL, ARI, LAD, FLA, NYM, WAS, BAL, PHI, PIT, TEX, TAM, COL, KC, MIN

Mix (12): LAA, OAK, STL, CHC, SFO, CLE, SEA, SD, BOS, CIN, DET, CHW
None (2): NYY, TOR

From the mix list, I can't remember seeing the Cubs having anyone in doubleknit recently, but as for the others, there are usually a couple of players per team.

According to the Majestic thread a couple of years back, teams get a set of jerseys for each of their jerseys in either material. They pay for anything beyond that. I don't think that means that Boston or Cincinnati are buying a second full set of home tops, but probably ordering a few to cover the players who have a preference (like Votto, who appears to have a preference).

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

In some cases, the teams have gone all in. In others, the team gives the players the choice. And then there are the Yanks and Jays, who are not on board with COOLBASE at all.

All COOLBASE (16): HOU, ATL, MIL, ARI, LAD, FLA, NYM, WAS, BAL, PHI, PIT, TEX, TAM, COL, KC, MIN

From the mix list, I can't remember seeing the Cubs having anyone in doubleknit recently, but as for the others, there are usually a couple of players per team.

According to the Majestic thread a couple of years back, teams get a set of jerseys for each of their jerseys in either material. They pay for anything beyond that. I don't think that means that Boston or Cincinnati are buying a second full set of home tops, but probably ordering a few to cover the players who have a preference (like Votto, who appears to have a preference).

Until recently I would agree with you, but I think I've noticed several Yankees players wearing cool base road jerseys this year. I covered it in my blog a few days ago. This is one of those cases where I hope I'm wrong....I hate cool base jerseys with an irrational passion.

Can someone explain to me how the coolbase jerseys differ from other jerseys? A quick google gave me nothing.

A quick Google gave you nothing? http://bit.ly/1mOshaW

It's the fabric that's the main difference.

And there are vents in the armpits

Yup, which the first link in the Google result points out.

Also, another way to see the difference is to go to a fan apparel store and see for yourself.

Go A's!

Can someone explain to me how the coolbase jerseys differ from other jerseys? A quick google gave me nothing.

A quick Google gave you nothing? http://bit.ly/1mOshaW

It's the fabric that's the main difference.

And there are vents in the armpits
Who can turn yellow.....without wearing the jersey...... *facepalm*

Until recently I would agree with you, but I think I've noticed several Yankees players wearing cool base road jerseys this year. I covered it in my blog a few days ago. This is one of those cases where I hope I'm wrong....I hate cool base jerseys with an irrational passion.

Wow. I honestly thought the Yankees would never do it. Even with the greys.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Who cares what the Yankees do? People act like the Yankees are this great, wonderfull team - they really aren't. Personally, I prefer the royal blue with the bright orange "NY". I tip my hat to Jeter but other than that, I think the Yankees are overrated. I won't even get stared on A-Rod - what an idiot!!

Who cares what the Yankees do? People act like the Yankees are this great, wonderfull team - they really aren't. Personally, I prefer the royal blue with the bright orange "NY". I tip my hat to Jeter but other than that, I think the Yankees are overrated. I won't even get stared on A-Rod - what an idiot!!

I am not Yankee fan, but is 27 WS championships not impressive?

I am not Yankee fan, but is 27 WS championships not impressive?

Not really considering they have been around for a long time and all the big stars happen to flock their way there.

I never thought Cool Base would be a big deal for the grays. It just makes sense if the player wants to wear it or not. I mean, it's lighter and it could just be a thing out of comfort? Make players uncomfortable because of some hierarchy mentality.

However, Cool Base for the pinstripes would look terrible with the armpit thing and I am pretty sure the team would never go that route.

Go A's!

The Brewers are not all Coolbase. The pinstripe jersey is still doubleknit.

Cheap jersey and very nice quality NFL/MLB/NBA Jersey just need $18.99

Order 10 pcs jerseys we provide free shipping.

Share our site you on Facebook can get the 5% discount code!~

We also have the customized jersey service and you can have the jersey stitched on you name and your number!

Enjoy the best online shipping experience

The Brewers are not all Coolbase. The pinstripe jersey is still doubleknit.

Henderson mentions that, but I didn't want to list the teams that wear 4/5 COOLBASE and 1/5 doubleknit separately. That would include MIN (although I think they have the throwback in COOLBASE now).

And the Yankees are a big deal because they are staunch traditionalists. They were the last team to adopt doubleknit, and now they are the last team to experiment with COOLBASE. It's noteworthy.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

• 2 weeks later...

The Braves are no longer 100% COOLBASE. Aaron Harang was wearing a regular doubleknit jersey last night. Don't know if he's the only one. It might be like Cliff Lee as a Ranger, where he was the only player in doubleknit on the team.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Archived