Logo design questions/advice

Jordy_shore

Seeing your most definitely using paint, actually use the line and curved line features, use an actual font and just clean it up in general. The idea is decent, the execution is bad.

spacer.png

The newest version of paint also allows you to use grid lines. You could make one side of this logo, then match that up. You can then copy that over to power point and using the word art you can fit the team name in there better. I'd say use circle cut or some thinner non serif for Harlem. For the beat, I would try to find a font that looks like the sound meter on a radio. Hope it helps

• 2 weeks later...

I don't dislike it, but here in 2014 not too many people use big boomboxes like those anymore. Maybe if this logo were introduced 30 years ago it'd be cutting edge. That doesn't mean you can't use it today though. Maybe I'd replace the boombox with a music note, a set of woofers/tweeters or maybe an illusion of sound waves.

If you do continue on with the boombox concept I'd straighten out the bottom of the image. Most boomboxes are flat on the bottom so you can set it down on a surface. I'd also place those basketballs to the side of the words "Harlem Beat." One other change I'd make is to recolor the image either black or chrome. Most boomboxes are one of those two colors.

How would this look official clean the lines and make it a font

It could look good, but you'll have to present it here. That said, yes, you will need to use a variety of tools in Ps. For the most part--if not altogether--you could abandon the Pencil tool for this.

Also, for future reference, rather than linking to the image, use the Image icon in the WYSIWYG and paste in the image URL so it posts in the thread.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Either on PS or Illustrator I say learn to use the Pen Tool. It may be confusing at first for beginners but just watching 1 tutorial video I got it down pretty quick. It will make all of your lines clean and sharp and it's just plain easier to trace what you want. And don't get it confused with Pencil tool. Pen tool.

Archived