OKC Outlaws! (vote!) - 2014 NFL Concept & Expansion Series

STL_ArchMadness

Trying to make this more interactive!  

100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Las Vegas:

- Aces: Makes the most sense city-to-name, but is a bit of a tongue tie. It's also a bit cliche...

- Kings: Flows well, but it's already used by two other professional teams (NHL: LA, NBA: Sac)

- Diamonds: I like this name, but it's a bit long (but then again, I always thought Tampa Bay Buccaneers was too long). Still, IMO, it's the best one out of the 3.

Oklahoma City:

-Outlaws: While not a bad name, it's been overused by a lot of (failed) football teams. It does have the best flow of the 3.

-Barons: Not sure how this name would fit. Does Oklahoma City have a history involving some kind of royalty?

-Marshals: I actually like this name the most. It flows well, it makes sense, and it's original (as far as I know).

Orlando:

-Shine: Original and it makes sense, although Im not a big fan of names that aren't plural. Could still be great if logo is real good.

-Rattlers: Not a bad name and it's not used by any pro sports team. Just please make sure the colors aren't green and orange, lol (Im a FAMU alum).

-Snappers: Interesting name. Does the name refer to alligator snapping turtles?

Somewhat off-topic: Is it me, or does America really hate the city of Jacksonville?

I've made a few trips up to Jacksonville. From my observation, they support that team very well, contrary to popular belief (looked up the numbers: averaged around 63,000 per game - that's pretty good considering their team sucks). It's a hell of a lot better than what I see at Bucs games down here.

Trust me: Orlando is NOT a good market for an NFL team. They wouldn't even support the Tuskers of the UFL - and they won the most games in that league's history (however brief).

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will the new poll come out at 2:30 pm central time or a different time zone?

thanks

Acts 16:31 - And they replied: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and your household."

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me."

Las Vegas:

- Aces: Makes the most sense city-to-name, but is a bit of a tongue tie. It's also a bit cliche...

- Kings: Flows well, but it's already used by two other professional teams (NHL: LA, NBA: Sac)

- Diamonds: I like this name, but it's a bit long (but then again, I always thought Tampa Bay Buccaneers was too long). Still, IMO, it's the best one out of the 3.

Oklahoma City:

-Outlaws: While not a bad name, it's been overused by a lot of (failed) football teams. It does have the best flow of the 3.

-Barons: Not sure how this name would fit. Does Oklahoma City have a history involving some kind of royalty?

-Marshals: I actually like this name the most. It flows well, it makes sense, and it's original (as far as I know).

Orlando:

-Shine: Original and it makes sense, although Im not a big fan of names that aren't plural. Could still be great if logo is real good.

-Rattlers: Not a bad name and it's not used by any pro sports team. Just please make sure the colors aren't green and orange, lol (Im a FAMU alum).

-Snappers: Interesting name. Does the name refer to alligator snapping turtles?

Somewhat off-topic: Is it me, or does America really hate the city of Jacksonville?

I've made a few trips up to Jacksonville. From my observation, they support that team very well, contrary to popular belief (looked up the numbers: averaged around 63,000 per game - that's pretty good considering their team sucks). It's a hell of a lot better than what I see at Bucs games down here.

Trust me: Orlando is NOT a good market for an NFL team. They wouldn't even support the Tuskers of the UFL - and they won the most games in that league's history (however brief).

thank you for all of your input! I'll explain the names below:

- Aces is obvious

- Kings is obvious too, but i voted for this because i think i could make an awesome logo with it

- Diamonds, again obvious, and i like the name but i think it would be really hard to make a logo and a good identity

OKC: (these 3 names were choices for the Thunder's (NBA) name, but didn't get choosen)

- Outlaws, i like the possible logo and color choices, along with the Western feel

- Barons, i saw this on the list of team names not chosen by the Thunder and i really liked it

- Marshals, another Western name that i really liked

Orlando:

- Shine, i really like this. I had trouble thinking about a non-plural team name too. It sounds too "WNBA" to me

- Rattlers, when i was researching Florida for reptiles there i kept seeing Rattle snakes on the list. Plus not many pro sports teams are named after snakes

- Snappers, this was another Reptile choice for Florida. But yes this refers to the alligator snapping turtles

and haha no I don't hate Jacksonville. But it's kind of like the NFL possibly moving the Rams to L.A. - St. Louis is a great sports market, but the team has been historically bad, and could use a change. So that's what i did with Jacksonville. But the good part for Jacksonvillians (lol however you would say that) is that it's only 2 hours away.

Will the new poll come out at 2:30 pm central time or a different time zone?

thanks

it will come out at 2:30 Central time, so in 10 minutes.

it won't let me vote in the pole, says I already voted

Acts 16:31 - And they replied: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and your household."

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me."

worked that time

This is going to be a great concept based off what I've seen in your helmet series.

You have definitely been one of the few fast learners in the CCSLC (in the recent year/months) by taking advice and criticism well.

The name Barons for OKC refers to Oil Barons (Below from http://www.thefreedictionary.com/baron)

"3. baron - a very wealthy or powerful businessman; "an oil baron"

businessman, man of affairs - a person engaged in commercial or industrial business (especially an owner or executive)
oil tycoon - a powerful person in the oil business"

You might have a problem using the name Oklahoma City Barons because is currently used for an AHL team.(http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/list_by_team/2782/Oklahoma_City_Barons)

JeKhnr9.png

OKC: (these 3 names were choices for the Thunder's (NBA) name, but didn't get choosen)

- Outlaws, i like the possible logo and color choices, along with the Western feel

- Barons, i saw this on the list of team names not chosen by the Thunder and i really liked it

- Marshals, another Western name that i really liked

Strangely enough, I think that would've worked in the NBA. I'm also pretty sure the logo would have been 5 times better than what the Thunder are currently using, which has gotta be one of the worst logos across all 4 leagues (NFL, NHL, NBA, MLB).

Orlando:

- Shine, i really like this. I had trouble thinking about a non-plural team name too. It sounds too "WNBA" to me

- Rattlers, when i was researching Florida for reptiles there i kept seeing Rattle snakes on the list. Plus not many pro sports teams are named after snakes

- Snappers, this was another Reptile choice for Florida. But yes this refers to the alligator snapping turtles

I didn't really think about it being so "WNBA", but now that you mentioned it, it does sort of fit with that league.

Would actually like to see a logo with an alligator snapping turtle since nobody's ever done it before.

and haha no I don't hate Jacksonville. But it's kind of like the NFL possibly moving the Rams to L.A. - St. Louis is a great sports market, but the team has been historically bad, and could use a change. So that's what i did with Jacksonville. But the good part for Jacksonvillians (lol however you would say that) is that it's only 2 hours away.

lol sorry - that wasn't a serious question.

Actually, I was born and raised in St. Louis (Florissant), so I'm quite aware of what's going on. At first, I thought it would be easier to move the Jags than the Rams....until I actually did some research on the subject - and I absolutely didn't like what I found regarding the Rams. Apparently, they can get out of the lease if they don't have a top-of-the-line stadium. What's worse is that I'm hearing that the city refuses to help finance a new stadium or even renovate the EJD. I honestly don't know what's going to happen and it scares the hell out of me as a St. Louis-born citizen. I don't want to see my city lose a 2nd NFL team.....because we may not get another if the Rams leave.

Strangely enough, I found that the Jags are virtually impossible to move due to them needing to prove that they lost money for 3 straight years (which means going to court and opening up all financial books - something NO business of ANY kind is going to do). In today's NFL, you'd actually have to work harder to lose money than make it. Also doesn't help that the least runs through 2030 - which means a lot since the NFL no longer allows teams to break leases ever since the Browns incident occurred in the mid 90's. Why the hell couldn't the ownership in St. Louis come up with something like this?

This is going to be a great concept based off what I've seen in your helmet series.

You have definitely been one of the few fast learners in the CCSLC (in the recent year/months) by taking advice and criticism well.

The name Barons for OKC refers to Oil Barons (Below from http://www.thefreedictionary.com/baron)

"3. baron - a very wealthy or powerful businessman; "an oil baron"

businessman, man of affairs - a person engaged in commercial or industrial business (especially an owner or executive)
oil tycoon - a powerful person in the oil business"

You might have a problem using the name Oklahoma City Barons because is currently used for an AHL team.(http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/list_by_team/2782/Oklahoma_City_Barons)

thanks man! that means a lot! i hope i can fulfill all of your guy's dreams lol

lol sorry - that wasn't a serious question.

Actually, I was born and raised in St. Louis (Florissant), so I'm quite aware of what's going on. At first, I thought it would be easier to move the Jags than the Rams....until I actually did some research on the subject - and I absolutely didn't like what I found regarding the Rams. Apparently, they can get out of the lease if they don't have a top-of-the-line stadium. What's worse is that I'm hearing that the city refuses to help finance a new stadium or even renovate the EJD. I honestly don't know what's going to happen and it scares the hell out of me as a St. Louis-born citizen. I don't want to see my city lose a 2nd NFL team.....because we may not get another if the Rams leave.

Strangely enough, I found that the Jags are virtually impossible to move due to them needing to prove that they lost money for 3 straight years (which means going to court and opening up all financial books - something NO business of ANY kind is going to do). In today's NFL, you'd actually have to work harder to lose money than make it. Also doesn't help that the least runs through 2030 - which means a lot since the NFL no longer allows teams to break leases ever since the Browns incident occurred in the mid 90's. Why the hell couldn't the ownership in St. Louis come up with something like this?

lol ok, i didn't know if you were being serious or not. But ya as much as i hate it, I believe its a very real possibility that the Rams are moving soon. It sucks because i don't think the people in Los Angeles will even go to their games if they're not winning. (not a bash on anyone in LA).

and i feel the same way about the sdtadium lease! its horrible! The city of STL already denied the Ram's request for tax money to build the stadiu, because it has to be in the top-8 stadiums in the league i believe. sad stuff

Can't vote.

Ok I tried to fix it earlier and it helped for someone. Just pm me your votes and I'll add them.

I think the best names would be:

Albuquerque Javs

Toronto Snow Owls

Portland Pioneers

Birmingham Express

Oklahoma City Outlaws

Orlando Shine or Snappers

Salt Lake City Rails

LA Skates

and Las Vegas Aces

These are pretty much all of the names I hope get picked. Except OKC, Orlando, and Las Vegas have already been chosen. (Look at my first post, the names in red are the chosen names.

Ok so finally, here is the first concept: The Philadelphia Eagles

I brought back the Kelly green! besides that, i added a grey facemask to the helmet. I'm keeping the color scheme at white, green, and grey. 2 stripes on the shoulders and pants to keep it simple, yet modern.

The teams 6 uniform options they submitted to the league are:

- Green on grey

- Green on white

- White on green

- White on white

- Grey on green

- Grey on grey

Home:

2zelbf5.png

Away:

17d15v.png

Alternate:

ad2sg.png

Shoulder striping:

rw2b86.png

Pants details:

2uqg36a.jpg

Helmet:

2114ght.jpg

Mechanical Details:

Home (with grey pants)

28su5gz.jpg

(home with white pants)

3359i5e.jpg

123wg05.jpg

2s1m87r.jpg

It's amazing what can happen after people do some research (Hello NFL and pro-LA Jags people!). As a Jaguar fan myself (although I've never been to a game), I can tell you that the Jaguars are pretty popular in Jacksonville. They're in a city that has a lot of older money, and not all of it is necessarily sports fan money. The team fits in very well with the city, and thankfully the city has taken care of them. I was scared when the team was sold, but I'm behind Shad Khan completely. If people, like you, would actually read up on it all, then the "Jacksonville moving WILL happen" stories will stop.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Archived