OKC Outlaws! (vote!) - 2014 NFL Concept & Expansion Series

STL_ArchMadness

Trying to make this more interactive!  

100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On the Rams:

On every version except for the sleeve detail shot the ram horn starts outside the sleeve seam, but on the sleeve closeup, the horn is entirely on the sleeve.

Then with the Nike swoosh, the swoosh is under the horn on the front and back templates, but overlaps it on the sleeve closeup and the flat design files.

A little inconsistency that could help a lot if corrected. Especially in regards to the overlapping of the swoosh.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the Rams:

On every version except for the sleeve detail shot the ram horn starts outside the sleeve seam, but on the sleeve closeup, the horn is entirely on the sleeve.

Then with the Nike swoosh, the swoosh is under the horn on the front and back templates, but overlaps it on the sleeve closeup and the flat design files.

A little inconsistency that could help a lot if corrected. Especially in regards to the overlapping of the swoosh.

Thank you, I actually noticed all the inconsistencies before i even posted the Rams. I figured you guys would get the general idea of it, which you did, but I definitely should have spent some more time on it. Another big factor of it was that i made half of the Rams like 3 months ago, and I made the rest like 2 weeks ago with the new templates i had.

The C&C is very appreciated though, thank you!

Tone down the red on the yellow. Make it look a bit like this (including the blue),

LosAngelesRams_FRC_1987_SCC_SRGB.png

thank you, I am going to go back and fix the Rams soon!

I love this thread I am excited to see the expansion team Eagles are my favorite so far.

thank you! you will be happy with my next post! lol

Ok gentlemen, I promised that the Seahawks would be up tonight, but I could not produce that. What I can show you though, is one of the expansion teams. The Oklahoma City Outlaws! Just the logo though, no uniforms. I've decided that I will slowly release the logos of all of the expansion teams throughout the series, and reveal all of their uniforms in the conference like I am doing now. Please read all of the below, and please leave some C&C on the logo and how I can improve it.

I want to make this thread a little more interactive with you guys, like it was in the beginning. So...

Please vote in the poll!

4jmb7n.png

2cdtwg7.png

167va88.png

wu4p5.png

n71v5y.png

I think it would be cool to use all three. Auburn has a few different variations of the AU logo (blue on orange, orange on blue, white on orange) and I think that could work well with this.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

I think it would be cool to use all three. Auburn has a few different variations of the AU logo (blue on orange, orange on blue, white on orange) and I think that could work well with this.

I'm a little bit confused by your comment. I'm not sure if this is what you think, but those 3 options were for 3 different color palettes, not one. So either the logo would be red, blue, or orange. Hope that cleared it up for you.

........but, you gave me a wonderful idea, and I'm going to try and incorporate all 3 colors to the scheme, thanks! lol

Please not orange and black. There's already an MLL team that is the the the outlaws and they are black and orange. Its the Denver Outlaws.

Link to logos:http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/list_by_team/2520/Denver_Outlaws/

....but its the MLL?

lol just kidding. I didn't know that though, I may have to re-think this now

Or you could say that the Lacrosse players had enough with the BS the coach was giving them and asked to transfer leagues. Then Denver can have 2 teams and have a better shot to win the Super Bowl. Sure the lax players wouldn't do that good but it's better than dealing with that coach again.

Thus having the Denver Outlaws using this logo as a football team.

You mention that black and red is too cliche, but isn't the idea of an outlaw logo being a head with black hat, pointy bandana covering the face and menacing eyes already a huge cliche? A version of that logo has been used 100 times for Outlaws, Bandits, Desperados, etc. The one really good thing about the Denver Outlaws is that they avoided the cliche.

You mention that black and red is too cliche, but isn't the idea of an outlaw logo being a head with black hat, pointy bandana covering the face and menacing eyes already a huge cliche? A version of that logo has been used 100 times for Outlaws, Bandits, Desperados, etc. The one really good thing about the Denver Outlaws is that they avoided the cliche.

Thank you!!

You should thicken up a lot of the lines in the bandana. The little tied-off parts should lose the detail they have, and also they should probably be in shadow. The shading on the cap part of the cowboy hat is wrong, the random triangle shadow doesn't make sense for the shape of the hat.

As others have said, though, I think you could benefit by going in a different direction... the outlaw has a similar look to a cowboy, and the bandana'd desperado has been done a lot. Maybe you could go in a cattle direction? use a wild bull to depict your idea? I know it's not politically correct, but something using a revolver would be cool.

And I say no red and black, since that's such an overused combo. What about tan, charcoal (or black), and Carolina (or royal, maybe) blue?

Archived