NHL Seattle concept

jrvegeeta

SeattleMountaineersHomev2-1-01.png

SeattleMountaineersAwayv2-2-01.png

SeattleMountaineersAltv2-1-01.png

SeattleMountaineersAlt2-1-01.png

Some minor changes: Part of main logo has more white in it so that it doesn't drown in the home jerseys. "M" was changed to green. Secondary logo - "S" changed from white to gray.

Comments?

Jrvegeeta

1. I agree with daniel75. The crest looks like a soccer logo. Most of the NHL logos look "free-flowing"; not geometrical in shape. I think the secondary logo looks very good though; except for the intersecting lines of the same color. The Away jerseys are amazing, but something's off with the home ones. Maybe the logo. The navy blue home jersey is the better one though. I don't think the Mountaineers will work, kinda wordy and doesn't just come off the tongue. How about the Seattle Rain/Rainers? With droplets as a logo, although it might be too similar to the Oilers alt logo. The colors are perfect though. I will admit this is a tough one though for a name. Maybe Emeralds? that's kinda wordy too. Cascade? Grizzlies? Starbucks(joke, but imagine a logo with a buck and a star) I think it's rotten that the Canucks took over the Northwestern Inuit motif. Maybe the Pilots? Bombers? Clippers? Hard to come up with something original. Grunge? haha, keep up the good work though.

Ok, so I re-did the logo and the uniforms. I've replaced the teal with navy blue and the kelly green with lime green for more contrast. I tried to come up with a "mountain man" logo, but all the attempts seemed to come out looking kind of like the logo from ASU (Appl. State) - which doesn't work at all since I needed something that felt more "Rocky Mountain". I decided to simplify the logo so that it doesn't look so much like a minor league team logo.

SeattleMountaineersv2.jpg

SeattleMountaineersHome-1.jpg

SeattleMountaineersAway-1.jpg

SeattleMountaineersAlt-1.jpg

SeattleMountaineersAlt2.jpg

So much better! The color scheme is so much more Seattle than Vancouver.

Here's an idea: remove the pick-axes from the shield (more for digging than climbing?), then insert ropes and a silhouette/shadow of a guy "scaling" the side of the shield.

Personally speaking, I liked the shield better with the green inside. The white is just too bright and too much contrast. Maybe go with a grey instead? That way it's doesn't so much hit you over the head but also adds the needed contrast. You have some grey in the road sweater already so it would tie in.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

Archived