basketball fanbases by county

masterchaoss

In Essex County, Ontario (directly across the river from Detroit), there is absolutely no way that the Lakers have the majority. It's almost split Pistons/Raptors for majority. The Heat I can maybe see as top 3 because there's band-wagoners everywhere, but Lakers just have a handful.

If it were Detroit, there'd be a case for the Pistons. But since it's Canada, how would the average fan there recognize the Pistons? They're a distant 4th-fiddle in Ontario's recognition of Detroit teams. Of course the Red Wings play hockey, the Lions are noticed because of the NFL's vast popularity in the Greater Detroit region, and the Tigers have been consistently good over the years to get themselves noticed. The Pistons? Go ask the average Canadian basketball fan and you'd have to give them time to come up with some salient answers about the team.

The Raptors? They're Canada's NBA team. The Lakers? Of course people worldwide will know them. It's a much more valid rationale to the fanbase there.

I'm not talking about Canada as a whole. I'm talking about Essex County, which includes Windsor, which for all intents and purposes is part of Metro Detroit. TONS of Pistons fans here.

sig.png

I guess I'm surprised the Cavs don't have the full support of Ohio considering the state is pretty state-centric on practically ever other sport there is. It's also noteworthy that the Spurs are still pretty limited when it comes to fans in the south, despite having an envious level of success the past 15 years. .

By the way, what happened Knicks? Historic franchise doesn't even own the state?

This is what happens when you spend almost 15 years being an embarrassing laughing stock.

People tend to not want to associate with you.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Archived