new Orlando City Soccer MLS logo

BrandMooreArt

OCS have revealed their new logo. SOURCE LINK

d2JtGg8.png

from the same article there's this which is much more exciting to me than the logo. hopefully Hydro74 will be involved in this.

The Orlando City Council granted permission for the soccer club to paint temporary murals on the sides of seven privately owned buildings around Orlando. The murals, which will kick-start the team's rebranding effort, are meant to highlight the unique character of Orlando. They will feature the team's new logo, though not prominently. The murals, each painted by a different local artist, will remain in place for a month.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Underwhelming is a great description.

Also I liked the red/purple/gold combo it was unique. Seems like red is just gone now.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

C'mon guys...this is simple yet elegant...an IDEAL look for the team as it moves up to MLS.

The "three lions" shield looked kinda cartoony...this is a classic look which will help make OCSC a respected brand worldwide.

bYhYmxh.png

(slow clap)

The Lion Head looks great. The font is solid for a modern font. The Lion's mane looks like the Florida Sun. It has 21 rays to represent being the 21st MLS franchise and the lion has a subtle crown to represent the championship they just won.

Solid all around IMO.

I like it, and it's defenitely an upgrade. But I've seen several concepts that defenitely were better.

I wish we could see a little more red, and a different badge style would be best. But overall, it's still one of the better looks in the MLS.

I wish they would have added a little red. I think the Purple, gold and red combo is nice and unique. Maybe red secondary border on the inside and maybe subtle two tone purple on the inside. Overall it looks clean and sharp...Can't wait for a team and crest for Atlanta!

WC2014_sig_USA_zps37b99998.png

It's good -- it just feels a little empty to me. There's a little too much space in the crest not being taken up by the lion's head. And it looks like yet another copy of Arsenal's crest shape.

It's good -- it just feels a little empty to me. There's a little too much space in the crest not being taken up by the lion's head. And it looks like yet another copy of Arsenal's crest shape.

I get what you're saying. It looks good, but it looks kinda incomplete. Almost like it's just a temporary place holder logo.

90758391980.gif

I think a two color primary would've looked better. It's definitely clean and simple, though. All white or all gold on top of the purple would look much better, IMO. Agreed with the adding red sentiments, too.

Brandon, that's a pretty cool idea for a brand launch, though. I like the mural idea -- can't say I've seen that before. Should yield some really neat artwork, too.

Wait, what?! Where's the soccer ball?!

^_^

Kidding aside, I think this is a solid design that will look good on their jerseys for several years. If I were to improve it, I would divide the shield in half behind the lion's head with a two-toned purple look. I think that would alleviate some of the concern with the empty space.

EDIT: Here's my quick and dirty concept

Orlando-City-logo_zps9316dbfe.png

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Brandon, that's a pretty cool idea for a brand launch, though. I like the mural idea -- can't say I've seen that before. Should yield some really neat artwork, too.

yea i think that has a lot of potential. especially in Orlando where downtown is about 90% bare concrete rectangles.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I wish they would have added a little red. I think the Purple, gold and red combo is nice and unique. Maybe red secondary border on the inside and maybe subtle two tone purple on the inside. Overall it looks clean and sharp...Can't wait for a team and crest for Atlanta!

This. I like what they've done, I just wish they would have kept some red in the primary logo. I hope that they at least keep it in the kits.

gYH2mW9.png

Archived