NBA Project 32 - Timberwolves Update

SFGiants58

Minnesota is the best by far although as one mentioned maybe you could use the slate blue rather than the navy. Other than that and maybe modernizing the collar, these are top notch (A+ for using the profile wolf logo as the primary as it should be).

Miami is by far the worst. Cleveland. Atlanta, Houston and Kansas City look too similar to the Heat and the way you use the colors you chose give them a very tacky look.

Milwaukee, I don't understand why people love and use that old Buck logo. It's dated and doesn't fit for many reasons. The current Buck is fine; there just needs to be few tweaks.

Maybe aiming for modern looks that appreciate the past utilizing some of aspects of the past is the way to go.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Minnesota is the best by far although as one mentioned maybe you could use the slate blue rather than the navy. Other than that and maybe modernizing the collar, these are top notch (A+ for using the profile wolf logo as the primary as it should be).

Miami is by far the worst. Cleveland. Atlanta, Houston and Kansas City look too similar to the Heat and the way you use the colors you chose give them a very tacky look.

Milwaukee, I don't understand why people love and use that old Buck logo. It's dated and doesn't fit for many reasons. The current Buck is fine; there just needs to be few tweaks.

Maybe aiming for modern looks that appreciate the past utilizing some of aspects of the past is the way to go.

Yeah, Miami is getting an overhaul in the style of the "Miami Nights" alt, in that magenta/neon blue/black color scheme. I really hate the 2013 Suns color scheme I gave them, and I still don't know why I played it safe with Miami. I got spooked about going too far outside the box, but I realized that the Miami Nights look gives them something that looks like nothing in pro sports (maybe the Pensacola Blue Wahoos, but a little more reserved). It's Miami, being audacious and unorthodox, even if it is tacky, is the norm (like the Marlins' current set, but more tasteful). The Miami Nights color scheme was actually the original plan for the set, but I hesitated on using it after the color test. I still have the files, so it'll be an easy revamp.

I'm probably going to stand firm on the old Buck, because there's something about it that makes me like it. It's cartoony, a little too old-fashioned, doesn't have any red on it, but it works for me. Sort of a "warts-and-all" thing that I appreciate, like the Celtics' cartoon logo or the A's elephant patch. I don't know why, sometimes my tastes are weird. I'm also thinking about maybe demoting the old Bango to a secondary position, while promoting a tweaked mugshot deer (like the one Ren69 modernized and I used on the throwback alt).

Haven't been to the boards much at all recently but this is one of the better series/posts I've seen on here in awhile.

MIN- I don't like the two outlines on the Wolves home, take out the white stroke between the blue type and green outer stroke for consistency's sake. The blue and green contrast enough on the rest of the uniforms why not there. The rest is gorgeous.

MIL- Agreed that the Bucks primary is out of date-ish. Try adjusting the current buck logo? I get the history there but, I'd rather have a mean buck over a happy reindeer-lookin mf.

MIA- I love the palm tree logo for the Heat but make that a secondary logo, a lot of teams have unique roundel type logos as secondaries that look great below neck collars or on shorts and I think yours suits that well as Miami's primary is stronger than ever right now at this point in the teams history. Love the whole set otherwise though.

MEM- Replace the teal/light blue color and try replacing it with the a green that's close to the Tams jersey color maybe? Has potential to look very earthy that combines a lot of eras for Memphis and would have a unique color scheme.

KC- I love the whole train theme and location, the primary could be stronger. Try getting away from taking details straight from an image, because it's simplistic and not dynamic enough. Like, the logo looks like a parked train when you could use a lot more interesting angles to exaggerate its movement (See Round Rock Express/ Syracuse Cheifs of Minor League Baseball)

That's it for now! Very well done, great series overall.

Here is the final Miami Heat update:

MIAMI HEAT

This is the Miami Nights alt from the previous version, just spread to the rest of the set. The color scheme is now magenta/neon blue/black, and the font is an italicized Gotham variant, with the little flame on the "T" maintained for some connection to the two previous sets. The coloring of the logos is changed to reflect the new color scheme, as well as the court. Black is the road color again, and a magenta alt replaces the yellow alt (no other team in the Big 4 has a magenta uniform, so why the hell not?). There's no confusing this team for the Hawks, Cavs, Rockets, or Diesels, or any other team in pro sports.

14447370646_bcf7464a28_c.jpg

Court

14283857580_98874986fd_c.jpg

Uniforms

14447370426_99f6322d72_c.jpg

14467109711_ffa943b2b7_c.jpg

Alternate

14467109781_0a780121d5_c.jpg

We've gone from a boring Hawks/Cavs/Rockets/Diesels clone to something nearly as insane as this:

tumblr_inline_n068dmPwJe1rx7bhw.gif

Quintessentially Miami, quintessentially mad and unorthodox.

MIAMI HEAT

This is the Miami Nights alt from the previous version, just spread to the rest of the set. The color scheme is now magenta/neon blue/black, and the font is an italicized Gotham variant, with the little flame on the "T" maintained for some connection to the two previous sets. The coloring of the logos is changed to reflect the new color scheme, as well as the court. Black is the road color again, and a magenta alt replaces the yellow alt (no other team in the Big 4 has a magenta uniform, so why the hell not?). There's no confusing this team for the Hawks, Cavs, Rockets, or Diesels, or any other team in pro sports.

Court

Uniforms

14447370426_59f54f0558_c.jpg

Alternate

14467109781_06018b92ae_c.jpg

We've gone from a boring Hawks/Cavs/Rockets/Diesels clone to something nearly as insane as this:

"Looks like he left the heat on.... YEAHHHHH!!!!"

Your Heat concept is getting there, but still needs work. Their current primary logo is fine, the one you're using just doesn't work, IMO. Additionally, the use of a seafoam green outline on the "HEAT" wordmark when that color appears nowhere else in the identity needs fixing.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I like the lime green Bucks alt better than the red. Good job with that.

From the sound of it I'm in the minority, but I'm not a big fan of updated color scheme for the Heat. It is definitely unique, I'll give you that. Maybe I'm too traditional, but I think there is a reason no big 4 team uses this color scheme. I'm trying to imagine LeBron, etc. wearing this on the court consistently, and I'm just not really seeing it. That being said, it is a concept, and it is original. It is fun; I'm just not sure how realistic it is.

I disagree with LightsOut; I think the primary logo works better with this color scheme than the flaming ball. In my opinion, it is now the secondary logo that doesn't work.

award%20sig.png

The seafoam green is now updated above, into the proper neon blue shade. I'm thinking of maybe doing a new secondary, based off one of the RARE Design prototypes, as shown here (it's where I got the new primary):

Heat-Sketches.jpg

Miasec_4.jpg

The flaming ball, while iconic, doesn't really work with the Art Deco-inspired look I'm trying to use.

I really like the updated Heat color scheme; makes Miami very unique in the NBA! I was just going to comment about the neon green outlines, but then I noticed you changed it. So that's good. And I do agree that the flaming ball logo does not go well with your new color scheme.

BEHANCE | PORTFOLIO 

I'm pretty in love with the Miami update. The one thing that's bugging me is the triple striping on the side panels in the road and alternate. To me, it's a replication of one of the many things wrong with the Thunder's jerseys.

rATMcmK.png

MIAMI HEAT

Court

Uniforms

14447370426_59f54f0558_c.jpg

Alternate

14467109781_06018b92ae_c.jpg

"Looks like he left the heat on.... YEAHHHHH!!!!"

That literally made me LOL

I like the update. I do think the ocean green needs to go and replace with the light blue. I always thought this color scheme was different and unique but in a good way. Pretty much the only city with a "Big 4" Franchise that can pull off pink in a color scheme is Miami. You made it work along with several other concept artists on the boards. Great work!

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Bucks: I agree with the others that say the logo is VERY outdated. I would retool their current logo--change the colors and wordmarks. I love the jerseys though, and I like the lime green alt over the red.

Wolves: I like these a lot. The only big thing I noticed is that the shorts logo on the right leg needs to be flipped, so the wolf faces inward. I agree that the navy could be changed up a little--maybe just making it a little lighter and a little grayer. And for the alt, maybe try silver?

Updated Heat: Personally, I think their current look is one of the best in the NBA, so if you're gonna change it up you have to REALLY change it up. So I like the color scheme. And I agree that you should get rid of the flaming ball and look at a new alternate. I would try one with an "M" in it.

If you decide to use another alternate instead of the flaming ball, I really like the fourth row, far right. I feel it would work pretty well with the primary and the new color scheme.

spacer.png

MILWAUKEE BUCKS - UPDATE

The logos have been replaced by modified version of the current "Mugshot Buck". The red triangle now bears an Irish Rainbow pattern, and red outlines replace silver. The sign is now at an angle to work with the italicized wordmarks. The secondary, which is now on the uniforms, is a modified version of the primary with an "M" insignia in place of the wordmarks. The tertiary is an Irish Rainbow-ed "M" insignia. The court and uniforms remain the same, apart from the logos.

14296268079_6298f341ef_c.jpg

Court

14479522241_b4a4383585_c.jpg

Uniforms

14481674644_12a705f51e_c.jpg

14482891595_b567a9e685_c.jpg

Alternate

14459794496_7ed36fa6da_c.jpg

MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES - UPDATE

I decided to keep the deep navy blue shade, as it had enough contrast with the green and prevented it from looking too much like a Seattle color scheme (note: the Sonics MKII will be kelly green/yellow). The logos now face inward, and their placement on the fauxback has been corrected. The green alt is dumped in favor of a silver alt (made of shimmer fabric), as there's already enough green uniforms in this series (with a few more on the way). The court remains the same as the previous version.

14296689238_522b8fce5c_c.jpg

Uniforms

14296688738_184ac4aca5_c.jpg

14483270585_be493784b2_c.jpg

Alternate

14296647010_4e2fa737fb_c.jpg

14503404053_6888a4a498_c.jpg

Archived