NBA Project 32 - Timberwolves Update

SFGiants58

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where did you get the Red Sox number font? I've looking for it for a month and I can't find anything.

You can get the font here (with the Tuscan font): http://eriqjaffe.50webs.com/

You can also get more up-to-date fonts from these links: http://fontsbyconrad.wordpress.com/2014/02/20/mlb-misc-fonts/

http://fontsbyconrad.wordpress.com/2014/05/19/mlb-fonts-update-by-conrad/

Can I have the template your using? I saw earlier in the thread that R3G said it was in the PSD Movement thread, but I unfortunately couldn't find it, maybe it was deleted or something. If you could send me the link that would be great. Loving the Concepts by the way! :)

fiowXOD.png

Can I have the template your using? I saw earlier in the thread that R3G said it was in the PSD Movement thread, but I unfortunately couldn't find it, maybe it was deleted or something. If you could send me the link that would be great. Loving the Concepts by the way! :)

The template for uniforms is here: http://www.deviantart.com/art/Basketball-Uniform-Template-1-292629277

The template for the courts is here: http://darth-brooks.deviantart.com/art/Basketball-court-Psd-290856212

Anyway, let's walk the dinosaur with the Toronto Raptors!

TORONTO RAPTORS

I know I'm probably in the minority here, but I love the Raptors name. For a 90's expansion team, it's a good name and it works great when it is properly represented with a somewhat outside-the-box identity, with a little bit of tradition thrown in (because of Toronto's significance as the home of the first NBA game ever at Maple Leaf Gardens). I'm not the biggest fan of the pinstripe set (I find it interesting but too dated to bring back to any reasonable extent), but I really like the Vince Carter set. I think it could use some tweaks (remove unnecessary accent colors, dump the dated color flip on the back, etc.), but it was a good identity. However, much of its distinctiveness has been chipped away by switching the color scheme to a red/black set already used by two other teams. My course of action was to tweak the 1999-2006 set, preserve a lot of what made it distinct, and tweak it to fit within this series' sensibilities.

The color scheme is now a two-color set, namely a shade of purple and a shade of red. Having these two colors alone would make for a unique set in the whole of the Big 4, and would prevent any BFBS or other dilution of the identity. I did not consider the popular blue/white color scheme for them, as my Nets concept already uses that scheme to a far better effect than Toronto ever could (either as the Huskies or as the Raptors). On the logo side of things, the first step I took was to dump the primary. It looks a little too cartoonish for my tastes, and it uses a font that has never been used on any of their uniforms. The primary is now the iconic footprint logo (which has been around since the team's inception), encased in a roundel and with the city/team name below it. The secondary is a recolored version of the old "TR" logo (as it was my favorite representation of the cartoon raptor (I thought about putting feathers on it like a real raptor, but I do feel that makes a silly logo look even more silly). The tertiaries are recolored versions of the footprint. The court is an attempt to modernize the 90's herringbone court, with the new primary and secondary logos on the floor (thankfully without the weird baseline markings designed for TV). The claw marks have been added to the college lines (again, using college lines to help mimic elements from the uniforms).

13362715615_6d3ba82498_c.jpg

13362863413_0be2b49c43_c.jpg

Uniforms

Now here is where this concept may lose some people. In updating the '99-'06 uniforms, I decided to leave out the striping on the rear. I know many people like to have striping at the rear, but I'm not a big fan of having it in the middle of side panels, breaking up the striping pattern. Since there is no silver in the color scheme, I decided to tweak the chevrons in the side panels. There are now three white stripes on each panel, meant to mimic the claw marks of a raptor. The fonts and color distribution on the wordmarks is the same as it was from '99-'06, and the NOB is on an arc instead of straight (if the wordmark is on an arc, the NOB should be too). The "TR" is on the front of the waistband, and the Nike wishbone is the same as the fixed Nike wishbone on my Heat concept (a thin line of color on the back, not a giant block).

13362713045_1a1268f3db_c.jpg

13362712645_e7257fb8f0_c.jpg

Alternates

The first alternate is a red version of the home uniform, tweaked to allow proper contrast between the purple and red (proving that they don't need black or silver as accents, and can stand on their own). The second is a Hardwood Classics version of the '95-'99 road uniform, with Adidas' Prime Block number font (recreated by Conrad). I figured it was close enough to the original number font, and actually kind of improved the look by having more legible numerals.

13362860063_f9e5682cc0_c.jpg

14647570005_06010a757b_c.jpg

I know that this may not be one of my more popular concepts, but I feel that it not only shows that the Raptors identity can be cleaned up and modernized, but also that purple and red can stand on their own without black and silver as accents/primary colors.

Up next, the Utah Jazz!

That's probably the most flawless one you've put out. No changes...well I actually one thing but it's not a big deal. I would switch the fill and outline colors of the third (white letters, purple outline).

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

The template for uniforms is here: http://www.deviantart.com/art/Basketball-Uniform-Template-1-292629277

The template for the courts is here: http://darth-brooks.deviantart.com/art/Basketball-court-Psd-290856212

Anyway, let's walk the dinosaur with the Toronto Raptors!

TORONTO RAPTORS

I know I'm probably in the minority here, but I love the Raptors name. For a 90's expansion team, it's a good name and it works great when it is properly represented with a somewhat outside-the-box identity, with a little bit of tradition thrown in (because of Toronto's significance as the home of the first NBA game ever at Maple Leaf Gardens). I'm not the biggest fan of the pinstripe set (I find it interesting but too dated to bring back to any reasonable extent), but I really like the Vince Carter set. I think it could use some tweaks (remove unnecessary accent colors, dump the dated color flip on the back, etc.), but it was a good identity. However, much of its distinctiveness has been chipped away by switching the color scheme to a red/black set already used by two other teams. My course of action was to tweak the 1999-2006 set, preserve a lot of what made it distinct, and tweak it to fit within this series' sensibilities.

The color scheme is now a two-color set, namely a shade of purple and a shade of red. Having these two colors alone would make for a unique set in the whole of the Big 4, and would prevent any BFBS or other dilution of the identity. I did not consider the popular blue/white color scheme for them, as my Nets concept already uses that scheme to a far better effect than Toronto ever could (either as the Huskies or as the Raptors). On the logo side of things, the first step I took was to dump the primary. It looks a little too cartoonish for my tastes, and it uses a font that has never been used on any of their uniforms. The primary is now the iconic footprint logo (which has been around since the team's inception), encased in a roundel and with the city/team name below it. The secondary is a recolored version of the old "TR" logo (as it was my favorite representation of the cartoon raptor (I thought about putting feathers on it like a real raptor, but I do feel that makes a silly logo look even more silly). The tertiaries are recolored versions of the footprint. The court is an attempt to modernize the 90's herringbone court, with the new primary and secondary logos on the floor (thankfully without the weird baseline markings designed for TV). The claw marks have been added to the college lines (again, using college lines to help mimic elements from the uniforms).

13362715615_6d3ba82498_c.jpg

13362863413_0be2b49c43_c.jpg

Uniforms

Now here is where this concept may lose some people. In updating the '99-'06 uniforms, I decided to leave out the striping on the rear. I know many people like to have striping at the rear, but I'm not a big fan of having it in the middle of side panels, breaking up the striping pattern. Since there is no silver in the color scheme, I decided to tweak the chevrons in the side panels. There are now three white stripes on each panel, meant to mimic the claw marks of a raptor. The fonts and color distribution on the wordmarks is the same as it was from '99-'06, and the NOB is on an arc instead of straight (if the wordmark is on an arc, the NOB should be too). The "TR" is on the front of the waistband, and the Nike wishbone is the same as the fixed Nike wishbone on my Heat concept (a thin line of color on the back, not a giant block).

13362713045_1a1268f3db_c.jpg

13362712645_e7257fb8f0_c.jpg

Alternates

The first alternate is a red version of the home uniform, tweaked to allow proper contrast between the purple and red (proving that they don't need black or silver as accents, and can stand on their own). The second is a Hardwood Classics version of the '95-'99 road uniform, with Adidas' Prime Block number font (recreated by Conrad). I figured it was close enough to the original number font, and actually kind of improved the look by having more legible numerals.

13362860063_f9e5682cc0_c.jpg

14647570005_06010a757b_c.jpg

I know that this may not be one of my more popular concepts, but I feel that it not only shows that the Raptors identity can be cleaned up and modernized, but also that purple and red can stand on their own without black and silver as accents/primary colors.

Up next, the Utah Jazz!

Absolutely NO complaints here...

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

oh yeah Raptors' uniforms are perfect in every way! When I saw the alternate uniforms, suddenly i missed the era of Vince Carter there. He was awesome but could used two or three superstars to get a championship there.

Alamo%2BBowl_sig.png

Liberty Bowl_sig.png

FEAR THE FROG! LET'S GO TCU!!

The only change I would make for the Raptors is the color of the text on the alternate jersey. I think white with a purple outline would look better than vice versa. I'm not gonna lie, I was hoping for pinstripes, but this is a wonderful set.

spacer.png

Archived