NBA Project 32 - Timberwolves Update

SFGiants58

First off, this is probably the best set of league concepts that I've seen. I liked your baseball uniforms, but there were a step above them. Knowing not to mess with tradition (Boston) or return to it (New York, L.A. Lakers) was a big plus, but also knowing which ones worked as is (San Antonio) and which ones needed an overhaul (New Orleans, L.A. Clippers) and using traditional looks as the base for your final concepts in many cases (Milwaukee, Philadelphia, Seattle) was a big plus.

Excellent - Atlanta, Boston, Brooklyn, Charlotte, Cleveland, Denver, Detroit, Houston, Indiana, Kansas City, L.A. Clippers, L.A. Lakers, Memphis, Miami, Milwaukee, Minnesota, New Orleans, New York, Orlando, Philadelphia, Portland, San Antonio, San Francisco, Seattle, Toronto, Washington

Very Good/On the Right Track - Dallas (I do like their original logo better than the horse logo), Oklahoma City, Sacramento (I like the script better than the wordmark from the logo)

Not Quite Feeling it - Phoenix (not a huge fan of the logos, but I did like the return to the more traditional look), Utah (not to crazy about those shades of green and powder blue together. I probably would have stuck with the Mardi Gras colors).

My favorites of the bunch were Cleveland (I have always like the wine and gold color scheme), Miami (very innovative final color scheme!) and Philadelphia (the darker blue really helps it a lot).

Some favorite innovations were the change to blue for Brooklyn, the Miami color change, the return of the streetcar to the San Francisco uniforms and the name change for Washington.

Overall, 9.95 out of 10!

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could you try a Rockets based on their current logo and fonts? I think the Rockets are the most retro looking of the set. Maybe it's just the logos or fonts. Maybe it is just me because i am too picky when it comes to my home team.

I'm curious to know how would handle the divisions distributions with the two new teams added?

I know you're not asking me, but my guess:

Eastern

Northeast

- Boston

- Brooklyn

- New York

- Toronto

Atlantic

- Charlotte

- Cleveland

- Philadelphia

- Washington

Great Lakes

- Chicago

- Detroit

- Indiana

- Milwaukee

Southeast

- Atlanta

- Memphis

- Miami

- Orlando

Western

Northwest

- Portland

- Sacramento

- San Francisco

- Seattle

Pacific

- L.A. Clippers

- L.A. Lakers

- Phoenix

- Utah

Midwest

- Denver

- Kansas City

- Minnesota

- Oklahoma City

Texiana

- Dallas

- Houston

- New Orleans

- San Antonio

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Thanks for the congrats guys, I really appreciate it. Here is how the divisions break down in this league.

WESTERN CONFERENCE

PACIFIC

-Denver (a bit of an outlier, but had to be done to make the allignment work)

-LA Clippers

-LA Lakers

-Phoenix

-Portland

-Sacramento

-San Francisco

-Seattle

MIDWEST

-Dallas

-Houston

-Kansas City

-Memphis

-New Orleans

-Oklahoma City

-San Antonio

-Utah

EASTERN CONFERENCE

ATLANTIC

-Boston

-Brooklyn

-Miami

-New York

-Orlando

-Philadelphia

-Toronto

-Washington

CENTRAL

-Atlanta

-Charlotte

-Chicago

-Cleveland

-Detroit

-Indiana

-Milwaukee

-Minnesota (finally in the Eastern Conference where they belong)

So, the league goes back to 4 divisions, 2 in each conference. However the divisions and conferences are only there for scheduling. Once the playoffs come around, the top 16 teams in the whole league make the playoffs, and are seeded 1-16 based on record. Using last season's standings as an example of the format for the first round:

1. San Antonio vs. 16. Charlotte

2. Oklahoma City vs. 15. Brooklyn

3. LAC vs. 14. Washington

4. Indiana vs. 13. Phoenix

5. Miami vs. 12. Chicago

6. Houston vs. 11. Toronto

7. Portland vs. 10. Dallas

8. Golden State vs. 9. Memphis

Now, onto the compilations

PRIMARY LOGOS

14674231462_f4e4a3913b_b.jpg

COURTS

14680154115_b9ea930b24_h.jpg

HOME UNIFORMS

14674231712_8b045ba579_h.jpg

ROAD UNIFORMS

14487867180_f6a2153a2d_h.jpg

ALTERNATES

14493370708_281e43e20f_h.jpg

Make sure to click on the images for full resolution. Once again, thank you guys so much. I could not have done this series and gotten it to this level without your help. Big shout out to guys like davidmiller5, MBannon92, jus2damcrazey219, 29texan, Shadojoker, BrandMooreArt, and many others who have supported my work and pushed me to make these concepts better. This thread has really been a learning experience for me, and I thoroughly enjoyed working on it. I'll definitely do another concept or series, but I don't think that will be for a while. Thanks for taking this ride with me, guys!

Thanks for the congrats guys, I really appreciate it. Here is how the divisions break down in this league.

WESTERN CONFERENCE

PACIFIC

-LA Clippers

-LA Lakers

-Phoenix

-Portland

-Sacramento

-San Francisco

-Seattle

MIDWEST

-Dallas

-Houston

-Kansas City

-Memphis

-New Orleans

-Oklahoma City

-San Antonio

-Utah

EASTERN CONFERENCE

ATLANTIC

-Boston

-Brooklyn

-Miami

-New York

-Orlando

-Philadelphia

-Toronto

-Washington

CENTRAL

-Atlanta

-Charlotte

-Chicago

-Cleveland

-Detroit

-Indiana

-Milwaukee

So, the league goes back to 4 divisions, 2 in each conference. However the divisions and conferences are only there for scheduling. Once the playoffs come around, the top 16 teams in the whole league make the playoffs, and are seeded 1-16 based on record. Using last season's standings as an example of the format for the first round:

5. Miami vs. 12. Chicago

Forgive me for being a bit geographically correct, but Utah should be in the Pacific because it is more western than Denver.

As for the uniform concepts, they are pretty amazing.

^

^

agreed

Acts 16:31 - And they replied: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and your household."

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me."

Wow, I had no idea you'd gone through all these already! (Though they're in alphabetical order...shoulda noticed that!) First of all, congrats on finishing, and second, great work! I like how you really took the C&C to heart and listened to our suggestions, but you still kept your original ideas in tact.

My only final suggestion would be to flip Charlotte and Toronto in the divisions. Toronto in the Central and Charlotte in the Atlantic makes more sense to me.

WESTERN CONFERENCE

PACIFIC

-LA Clippers

-LA Lakers

-Phoenix

-Portland

-Sacramento

-San Francisco

-Seattle

MIDWEST

-Dallas

-Houston

-Kansas City

-Memphis

-New Orleans

-Oklahoma City

-San Antonio

-Utah

EASTERN CONFERENCE

ATLANTIC

-Boston

-Brooklyn

-Miami

-New York

-Orlando

-Philadelphia

-Toronto

-Washington

CENTRAL

-Atlanta

-Charlotte

-Chicago

-Cleveland

-Detroit

-Indiana

-Milwaukee

5. Miami vs. 12. Chicago

Now, onto the compilations

PRIMARY LOGOS

14674231462_f4e4a3913b_b.jpg

COURTS

14680154115_b9ea930b24_h.jpg

HOME UNIFORMS

14674231712_8b045ba579_h.jpg

ROAD UNIFORMS

14487867180_f6a2153a2d_h.jpg

ALTERNATES

14493370708_281e43e20f_h.jpg

Make sure to click on the images for full resolution. Once again, thank you guys so much. I could not have done this series and gotten it to this level without your help. Big shout out to guys like davidmiller5, MBannon92, jus2damcrazey219, 29texan, Shadojoker, BrandMooreArt, and many others who have supported my work and pushed me to make these concepts better. This thread has really been a learning experience for me, and I thoroughly enjoyed working on it. I'll definitely do another concept or series, but I don't think that will be for a while. Thanks for taking this ride with me, guys!

I have to say that this entire project was amazingly fantastic. My favorite of course has to be the Brooklyn Nets, switching to Blue and White as a tribute to the old Brooklyn Dodgers baseball team.

BTW, great job on bringing back the 4 division alignment. Though I would move the Denver Nuggets to the Midwest, the Utah Jazz to the Pacific, the newly reborn Charlotte Hornets to the Atlantic, and the Toronto Raptors to the Central (since Utah -- specifically Salt Lake City -- is a little farther west than Denver and Charlotte is closer to the Atlantic Ocean than Toronto).

But nonetheless, excellent work overall.

YOZXkBG.png?1

• 4 months later...

1. Atlanta is closer to the atlantic than Tornoto, they should switch.

2. Love what you did with OKC.

3. I really think that KC deserves a team, nice job there.

4. I hope there is a NFL project 32 coming soon!

tinysig.jpg

• 1 month later...

As promised, here is the project's realignment plan (with Minnesota moved to the Eastern Conference to allow for the two Western Conference expansion teams, and for logic's sake):

12712847623_54a22af71d_c.jpg

Two conferences, four divisions (with a few spoilers for future color schemes). The conferences and divisions are only used to structure each team's schedule (4 games against division opponents, 3 games against non-division and same conference opponents, and 2 games against non-conference opponents), while the playoffs now use a tournament format, with the top 16 teams in the league going to the playoffs and all seeding based on record. Using last season, here would be a hypothetical playoff first round:

5. Miami vs. 12. Chicago

This helps to eliminate a lot of the conference bias, and allows for many Western Conference teams who missed the playoffs to get in while sub-.500 Eastern Conference teams miss (like they should).

What if you did 8 Divisions, just like the NFL, which would make rivalries more intense. maybe even American/National instead of East/West

I'm just looking this over, and I gotta tell you, this is the best NBA series I've ever seen.

Easily hands down one of top 2 (i think the best) Concepts series out there on the Internet. Conrad is my homeboy but my man SFGIANTS58(Project 32) is eating from the same table!

Was going to ask why the bump? But its worth it.

shado_logo.gif

• 2 weeks later...

CHICAGO BULLS

I'll make it no secret, the Bulls have my favorite look in the NBA. The shorts diamonds, the simple yet effective striping pattern, the clean block scripts, and the lovely color scheme make their home and road set so great. However, they could use some tweaking on the standard uniforms, and some significant changes elsewhere. I added a tertiary logo of the Bull in front of a powder blue six-pointed star (a reference to the Chicago flag). On the court, I went back to the Chicago Stadium-style court (as recreated by Kodrinsky), with the logo font on the baselines, the dominantly red paint, and the basketball-less center. Not only is it cleaner, it ties in better with the color distribution of the team (red before black).

13011309594_c20ed2c6a3_c.jpg

13011095723_d1fff0f9d3_c.jpg

The uniforms receive some minor tweaks. On the home and road, the Bull is removed from above the NOB (a logo that detailed should never go above an NOB). On the road, the lettering of the NOB is inverted in color (now it's white with black outlines) to improve visibility (this is better than this, although the latter moment was far more memorable).

13011073763_c4ea23a883_c.jpg

13011309174_fa989082fe_c.jpg

The alternates are not great departures from the Bulls' history. The black alt now uses two-color lettering (with an inverted NOB like the road), and adjusts the striping pattern to match the different base (red-white-black-white-red, as the uniform color is supposed to be center). The Hardwood Classics alt is a recreation of this road uniform (I could not replicate the original script, so I used the White Sox's road script as it was close enough to the original).

13011073963_014b68efd8_c.jpg

13186542245_189c7c1a70_c.jpg

Up next, a double alliterative dose of Cavs and Mavs!

On the home, invert the letter colors of the NOB (black with red outlines). Just to match the road and alternate.

Archived