How to center the Pittsburgh Penguins primary logo?

Survival79

Does anyone know how to properly center the Pittsburgh Penguins primary logo?

It appears that sometimes it is centered based on the bottom of the triangle...

Pittsburgh_Penguins_PMK0101a_2013_SCC_SR

While in other instances it is centered on the outer edges of the logo...

Pittsburgh_Penguins_PMK0101a_2013_SCC_SR

Is there a style guide that references how it should be centered?

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

If there is any sort of background shape that isn't exactly in the centre of the logo as a whole, always centre to it.

Another example is the Port Adelaide Football Club logo in the Australian Football League.

port-adelaide-power-logo11-300x300.jpg

Always centre the rectangle. If you centre the lighting bolt it looks off balance

Thanks everybody for the responses!

I think the key is centering the top two corners of the triangle, especially on the Robo-Penguin logo.

640x4802.png

640x480.png

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Do you center the old BYU logo at the center of the letters or the center of the logo including the cougar's tail? I would be tempted to compromise to a point somewhere in between (perhaps on the centroid or geometric center) because either scenario looks slightly off.

5834.gif

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Its always bothered me how the Baltimore Ravens midfield logo isn't perfectly centered on the 50 yardline.

ravens_midfield.jpg

That actually is centered if what I've been told is right. I think that you think the middle should be in between the 50 yard line when in fact the middle of the field is at the start of the 50 yard line. Like where the actually yard mark is starting.

Its always bothered me how the Baltimore Ravens midfield logo isn't perfectly centered on the 50 yardline.

ravens_midfield.jpg

That actually is centered if what I've been told is right. I think that you think the middle should be in between the 50 yard line when in fact the middle of the field is at the start of the 50 yard line. Like where the actually yard mark is starting.

That really can't be possible. Which is the true start of the 50 yard line, the left purple line, or the right purple line (on either side of the white 50 yard line)??

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Same thing with the Cleveland Cavaliers logos. I only like hats that are centered by the basketball part of the logo. Sometimes they center it by the entire logo. When they do that it makes the basketball off center on the hat. That drives me crazy!!!

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

Archived