The Baseball Cap: What's Your Favorite

Tigers6884

Also, as another mention to the old Marlins hats, I really liked this rarely used alternate:

d7777e4bdddbbdd1d0b715d45cd01850.jpg

This was very rarely worn...in fact, it was never an official hat and never worn...

1993 Marlins set had three hats - all teal, teal w/black brim, all black.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, as another mention to the old Marlins hats, I really liked this rarely used alternate:

This was very rarely worn...in fact, it was never an official hat and never worn...

As gorgeous as it it, I'm pretty sure it wasn't ever an official hat of theirs. Missed opportunity for sure.

As gorgeous as it it, I'm pretty sure it wasn't ever an official hat of theirs. Missed opportunity for sure.

I guess I was mistaken, but I feel like I remember seeing it. Either way, it was a nice hat.

This might be the best hat I own.

pMLB2-15001114dt.jpg

You are absolutely correct. I've thought about getting that hat multiple times, but I haven't yet. Though I might get the Pittsburgh Pirates pillbox cap soon (which is one of the caps I want to own).

Get it from American Needle. I bought one a few months ago and the quality is far better than New Era, IMO. Stitching is the proper color, the fit is nice and the caps are cheaper, too.

Apparently, I'm a sucker for contrasting bills and a white logo...

mcgriff.jpg

s.cespedes_1.jpg

1990-Frank-Thomas-e1332420381587.jpg

Heh, so am I. At least when it's done properly. I always feel the squatchee and brim should be the same color. So caps where they don't match bug me, like on the Astros' and Dodgers' caps. (Which is why I prefer non-official Dodger caps that have a silver/white brim).

I guess I was mistaken, but I feel like I remember seeing it. Either way, it was a nice hat.
I actually have one of those hats and it is a thing of beauty. Shame it was never worn on the field.

Heh, so am I. At least when it's done properly. I always feel the squatchee and brim should be the same color. So caps where they don't match bug me, like on the Astros' and Dodgers' caps. (Which is why I prefer non-official Dodger caps that have a silver/white brim).

Dodgers? Do you mean their BP caps?

On-field Dodger caps have a white squatchee and blue brim.

10526079_676821525740721_419305781749623

My Brooklyn Dodgers hat is defiantly one of my favorites.

Who is forcing you to like it?

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

10526079_676821525740721_419305781749623

My Brooklyn Dodgers hat is defiantly one of my favorites.

Who is forcing you to like it?

Ken Burns and his annoying nostalgia addicts.

Thank you for pointing that out, fixed it. I must have had a brain cramp or something like that.

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

Ah, I thought you meant a colored brim with a non-colored squatchee. Personally I love the Dodgers' white squatchee.

Ah, I thought you meant a colored brim with a non-colored squatchee. Personally I love the Dodgers' white squatchee.

As I said, I own a few Dodger fashion caps that match the white squatchee with a white brim. I also have a BP cap from last season (I guess this season, too) that uses a reversed color scheme: blue brim and squatchee, white/silver cap with a blue logo. Which I like a lot.

Just picked up a Dodgers ASG 3930 at Lids today:

PkLOJX8.jpg

Also ordered the Jays ASG 3930, which is probably the closest I'll get to an official white-paneled Jays cap with the new logo.

One thing I really dislike about New Era though is they don't make 3930 versions of the 5950 designs anymore. All I wanted was this:

qduHi4t.jpg

in a 3930 model, but it doesn't exist. There are ones that are close, including some by '47, but not exact. Why New Era won't just make simple 3930 models is beyond me to explain, especially as I much prefer them to 5950.

PkLOJX8.jpg
Also ordered the Jays ASG 3930, which is probably the closest I'll get to an official white-paneled Jays cap with the new logo.
One thing I really dislike about New Era though is they don't make 3930 versions of the 5950 designs anymore. All I wanted was this:
qduHi4t.jpg
in a 3930 model, but it doesn't exist. There are ones that are close, including some by '47, but not exact. Why New Era won't just make simple 3930 models is beyond me to explain, especially as I much prefer them to 5950.

I wanna say they're being replaced by 5950 low crown models.

I think that as of this season, New Era has been making a lot more 3930 hats in classic, on-field styles. I guess not of the BP caps, but I think most of the game caps are available as 3930s now. http://shop.neweracap.com/Mens/Sport_mlb/Department_stretch-fitted?page=2

Still excessive detail, though. Why do the sides of the brim need to be colored and designed differently? If those were just plain 3930, ie just the 5950 on a different fit, they'd be perfect. These aren't nearly as bad as some of the others out there, but still more than is necessary.

Sorry, that link was not great, but I was talking about hats like http://shop.neweracap.com/style/MLB-Team-Classic-39THIRTY-Cap/20569982 and http://shop.neweracap.com/style/MLB-Team-Classic-39THIRTY-Cap/20570025, which are essentially 5950 authentic designs.

Much better, that's more in line with what I like to collect and wear. I just find them far more comfortable than the 5950. Will probably pick a few up.

PkLOJX8.jpg
qduHi4t.jpg

I wanna say they're being replaced by 5950 low crown models.

I hope not. Even low crown 5950 still feel quite a bit different on the head than the 3930. At least for me, no matter how low the crown is, the 5950 just fits like a bucket, leaving huge amounts of space, and the brim always pushes against my forehead. I've worn a number of different sizes and the problem is I'm somewhere in between, either they are too tight or just way too big. I don't have any of those issues with the 3930, they pretty much fit perfectly.

Archived