Modernizing NFL Europa Teams - 3D Helmets: Amsterdam Admirals

LeeTraylor

The dragon logo has a couple of sloppy Bezier points in it. Smooth the weird bit at the font of the neck, get the back of the head closer to circular--use the spiral tool if need be.

rATMcmK.png

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kzlnYQr.png

This is my final update for Rhein. Went back to the original logo, but tweaked it a tiny bit.

wdXiYiM.png

Original red.

wz4DRiu.png

And the final uniform set for Rhein. Might come back to these and Barcelona's to tweak them later, but for now I'm going to press forward with more teams.

m9TLkQW.png

New logo. Really like the original logo, so not a ton of changes. There are a few versions of the original logo out there, this update is largely unchanged but with a different jawline and shading. Wanted a brighter red for the logo to match their uniforms.

2usx5Ws.png

New wordmark that will also serve as a secondary logo.

HfZYrHV.png

Took the "Roman Centurion" theme a little too far, probably. Cape, sword hanging off the hip, and a wide helmet stripe to mimic the centurion "mohawk" helmet. Probably going to rework this one eventually, but I thought it was fun.

HfZYrHV.png

Took the "Roman Centurion" theme a little too far, probably. Cape, sword hanging off the hip, and a wide helmet stripe to mimic the centurion "mohawk" helmet. Probably going to rework this one eventually, but I thought it was fun.

That's much more like it!

My suggestions:

Texturize the helmet stripe to better resemble the brush on top of a Roman soldier's helmet.

Make the sword more minimalistic and incorporate it to better look like a stripe and less clip art on the side of football pants.

This one has serious potential.

I love everything about the Barcelona Dragons one, but i'm not really liking the fire word logo, the primary is good though. The centurions are good too, except replace the goldish yellow with dark grey or silver. Not changing Cologne's logo was also a good idea, Can't wait to see the others!

fiowXOD.png

Sorry, but, for Cologne, I can't help but see the profile of a Cylon. Maybe show the face more to combat that.

I really like the secondary, though. And the uniforms are spot-on.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

GjAuyed.png

Up next we have the Frankfurt Galaxy. The Phoenix Suns of NFL Europe.

ynn69yo.png

Decided to just update the logo and make it less pixelated. Cleaner, simpler.

27JeIVT.png

New wordmark.

MNt91Be.png

Went for a crazy, custom wrapped galaxy helmet. Carried the strong lines of the logos to the shoulders and hips. Added blue as an accent color to match the helmet a little better.

GjAuyed.png

Up next we have the Frankfurt Galaxy. The Phoenix Suns of NFL Europe.

ynn69yo.png

Decided to just update the logo and make it less pixelated. Cleaner, simpler.

27JeIVT.png

New wordmark.

MNt91Be.png

Went for a crazy, custom wrapped galaxy helmet. Carried the strong lines of the logos to the shoulders and hips. Added blue as an accent color to match the helmet a little better.

Yes, I do agree, that if the Phoenix Suns were a football team, they'd be just like the Frankfurt Galaxy.

However, I would outline the galaxy in either red or purple, because the actual logo was intended to blend in with the helmet:

Frankfurt_Galaxy_Helmet.jpg

CNm4WmD.png

Next up we have the Scottish Claymores. Definitely in need of modernizing. In my humble opinion this set has not aged well. Cartoonish logo combined with uniforms that look like they were donated by the 1998 Carolina Panthers' practice squad.

XIiF690.png

Some may not like it, but I felt that the Claymores are team that needs a clean and classic look. Some team city/name combinations lend themselves to flash and cutting edge design, but I feel like the "Scottish Claymores" needed something more subtle. That starts with the logo - an 'S' in the font from the original wordmark on a double-edged sword-shield (a shwield). Removed the lighter blue. Navy and silver is the new color scheme.

Archived