Original Six Dress Up for the NFL - Final update - Detroit Lions

oldschoolvikings

I'm pretty sure this will be my final addition to this series... I think it's more or less run it's course. In the beginning the idea was to give traditional looks to more recent teams, but the last few (the Eagles and this one for the Lions) are for teams with huge histories.

Anyway, I had fun making them. I hope those of you that checked in enjoyed it... as always any comments are appreciated.

So... the Lions.

o-6lion_zpsfd280048.png

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread makes me wish the whole NFL had the classical look.

But then we would complain that every team looks the same. Sometimes we need teams to have crappy uniforms, so we can marvel at the classic looking uniforms.

Great looks! I've always liked logos on shoulder pads, but stripes obviously more of an old school look.

One request, is is possible to do the Bengals unform in more of a yellow ochre color (like that of an actual bengal tiger) rather than bright orange?

bengal-tiger-in-the-water.jpg

o6-seat_zps31c2d87b.png

this wins the set as this is a massive upgrade over what they have now.

You're right, but really, anything would be an improvement over the mess they have now. Love their color scheme but design-wise, it's atrocious.

87Redskins.png

o6-seat_zps31c2d87b.png

this wins the set as this is a massive upgrade over what they have now.

You're right, but really, anything would be an improvement over the mess they have now. Love their color scheme but design-wise, it's atrocious.

I was thinking the same thing. Every color scheme the Seahawks have ever worn has been great... royal blue and Kelly green, slate blue, navy and lime green, and even the current color scheme. On top of that, the logo is also a classic. I personally prefer the original version (more true to the northwest indian art theme) but the current version is still IMO one of the better NFL logos. Why they feel the need to junk up their look with all the extraneous garbage is beyond me. Cut away all the crap (and by crap, I mean the pointless sublimated pattern on the numbers and helmet, the upper chest stripes, the off-centered wordmark, the cluttered pants stripes, the mix and match uniform parts, the annoying insistence on the monochrome look) and there's a strong possibility that there is an amazing uniform buried under there.

The Seahawks logo and color scheme is like a really good steak that they've covered in mushroom gravy. Wasted.

Archived