Old Stadiums You Still Love

neo_prankster

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tiger Stadium

I wonder how long it would have lasted if the "Cochrane Plan" was realized? The Tigers might still be playing there.

I think it would have extended the lifespan of Tiger Stadium a little bit longer but they would have eventually needed a replacement (Comerica Park).

The often maligned Yankee Stadium renovation extended that ballpark's life for another 33 seasons. If the Cochrane Plan was implemented, I'm sure Tiger Stadium would still be the Tigers' home.

Please Comiskey Park, come back to life!

Bn_-q2lCYAAbqxM.jpg

BnmEST9IYAAVrnm.jpg

On questions like this, I have a hard time separating aesthetics from nostalgia. The Kingdome was a sterile dump, far inferior to Safeco or Century Link, but I can't help but think of growing up going to games in the stadium and then I miss it.

The often maligned Yankee Stadium renovation extended that ballpark's life for another 33 seasons. If the Cochrane Plan was implemented, I'm sure Tiger Stadium would still be the Tigers' home.

Please Comiskey Park, come back to life!

Bn_-q2lCYAAbqxM.jpg

BnmEST9IYAAVrnm.jpg

First off, "Yankee Stadium" did not last another 33 years. Those renovations in the 70's killed the original Yankee Stadium and left in it's place nothing more than a concrete monstrosity.

Second of all, Comiskey Park is dead and gone. It's not coming back. If anything like it ever was built, it'd be a Camden Yards-style retro park. Nothing really like te original.

I still love the Old Shibe Park (Connie Mack Stadium) in Philly. In my mind, this is still the best looking ballpark in MLB history because of the architecture. Even with a NFL configuration, it still had great sightlines through the whole park.

StadiumsShibePark_photo3.jpg

shibe10952.jpg

Shibe+Park+1940-57.gif

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

I still love the Old Shibe Park (Connie Mack Stadium) in Philly. In my mind, this is still the best looking ballpark in MLB history because of the architecture. Even with a NFL configuration, it still had great sightlines through the whole park.

shibe10952.jpg

Shibe+Park+1940-57.gif

Posted this in the multi-purpose thread as well.

Here was the view from the rooftops across the street before the Phila A's put up a large fence to block the view in 1937. That's a F load of people up there!

10390411_722289417833999_115350106706167

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Gotta be Reunion.
2786120432_5d50612222_z.jpg

This place began my love affair with the sport of Hockey as a kid in the 90's.

anthem.jpg

Inside of this building I lost my voice many times cheering for my hometown Stars through the good times:
rafters.jpg

..and through dark times:
1.jpg

I don't believe there was a louder arena in the league during the late 90's.
Maybe that had something to do with the structure of the inside of the arena, but I really remember the crowd roaring.

It's hard to get the AAC to that level of ear-deafening passion, but if this past April was any indication: it may very well get close in the following years.

5amlwx.jpg

shibe10952.jpg

Shibe+Park+1940-57.gif

Posted this in the multi-purpose thread as well.

Here was the view from the rooftops across the street before the Phila A's put up a large fence to block the view in 1937. That's a F load of people up there!

10390411_722289417833999_115350106706167

Wow...I still can't believe the buildings are still standing even after Shibe Park was torn down.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Why? There's tons of buildings from the early 20th, late 19th century still standing and in full use today. My house was built in 1920, and the brownstone I lived in prior to this was from (I think) 1905 (possibly 1895 depending on what paperwork is accurate. )

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived