McCarthy's NHL-Baseball Crossover Series

Sport

Great concept, I love crossover series. And this:

on this one I struggled with Edmonton's cap logo. They don't have a natural logo that works well on a cap, nor do they have a recognizable monogram. 9 times out of 10 I'll try to use a letter on a cap if I can help it, but it just didn't work here so I went with the oil drop.

oilers_zps58f9773f.png

Using the oil drop for the cap logo was a stroke of genius. Perfect. And now that I know that your name's Sean, your personal logo makes perfect sense. :D

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd move the wordmark on the blue jersey ever so slightly so the "U" isn't directly over the piping, it just looks bad that way, and maybe make the piping red to match the pants. Everything else looks great

bluejackets_zps0b65fbca.png

PvO6ZWJ.png

Some of you might say this is cheating, and you're right, but the Canadiens and Expos identities just work so well with one another that it was a natural decision. Put an Expos logo on a Canadiens sweater and it looks great.

canadiens_zps5bfbda08.png

PvO6ZWJ.png

Some of you might say this is cheating, and you're right, but the Canadiens and Expos identities just work so well with one another that it was a natural decision. Put an Expos logo on a Canadiens sweater and it looks great.

canadiens_zps5bfbda08.png

Finally PINSTRIPES!!!

I love all of this, but I have two suggestions on a few older ones...

The Coyotes cap should have a white panel, and the Oilers wordmark isn't really that strong.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Archived