NHL by CCM: Project 2014-15 (DET/NSH Update)

OhioSportsMan61

Time to start a new series now that I have more time on my hands with school being out. Much like my previous series (Third Jersey series), I hope to give each team their own identities through their uniforms. My goal is to eliminate the "cookie cutter" templates that everyone hates around here on these boards - and for good reason. With the emergence of CCM on many major junior teams' jerseys, hopefully we will see some new things from the NHL.....so here is the NHL by CCM.

A few side notes...I have 10 teams currently done and fully plan on finishing all 30. After I give each team their primary home and road uniforms, I will go back and add a third for each team. I will post 1 to 2 concepts at a time, and if there is an extended period of time where I do not post a new concept, please don't be disappointed. Here we go....

Teams Done:

Tampa Bay Lightning

Columbus Blue Jackets (Updated Version)

Pittsburgh Penguins

Philadephia Flyers

New Jersey Devils

New York Islanders

Carolina Hurricanes

New York Rangers

Boston Bruins

Detroit Red Wings (Updated Version)

Dallas Stars

Nashville Predators (Updated Version)

1. Tampa Bay Lightning

TBLHF_zps0f4287e5.png

TBLRF_zps1f7a670d.png

2. Columbus Blue Jackets

CBJHF_zps0f1e0abe.png

CBJRF_zps713681af.png

C&C is always welcomed and much appreciated. Let me know what you guys think of the new layout too!

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time to start a new series now that I have more time on my hands with school being out. Much like my previous series (Third Jersey series), I hope to give each team their own identities through their uniforms. My goal is to eliminate the "cookie cutter" templates that everyone hates around here on these boards - and for good reason. With the emergence of CCM on many major junior teams' jerseys, hopefully we will see some new things from the NHL.....so here is the NHL by CCM.

A few side notes...I have 10 teams currently done and fully plan on finishing all 30. After I give each team their primary home and road uniforms, I will go back and add a third for each team. I will post 1 to 2 concepts at a time, and if there is an extended period of time where I do not post a new concept, please don't be disappointed. Here we go....

1. Tampa Bay Lightning

TBLHF_zps0f4287e5.png

TBLRF_zps1f7a670d.png

2. Columbus Blue Jackets

CBJHF_zps0f1e0abe.png

CBJRF_zps713681af.png

C&C is always welcomed and much appreciated. Let me know what you guys think of the new layout too!

I'm assuming those are chevrons like a Sergeant rant in the army, well the chevrons should be pointing up if rhats the case

1. Tampa Bay Lightning

TBLHF_zps0f4287e5.png

TBLRF_zps1f7a670d.png

2. Columbus Blue Jackets

CBJHF_zps0f1e0abe.png

CBJRF_zps713681af.png

I'm assuming those are chevrons like a Sergeant rant in the army, well the chevrons should be pointing up if rhats the case

You sure? It's based off of the Union Army uniforms

link75.jpg

You are right

I was thinking current army

i love the Lightning's look you gave them. The Blue Jackets doesn't blow me away, but no Blue Jacket concepts ever do, so its not your fault. I just dont like their logo and color combination, to boring and dark in my view. I like the touch of the chevrons though. good work

Use their Union cap logo for CBJ. Also, what if you added yellow to the Lightning?

I tried putting the hat logo (minus the roundel) on the front, but it just looked bare. Not as strong of a primary logo as the cannon imo.

To me, the Lightning's striping on the arms doesn't look like lightning, it looks like half of a weird spear or something. I think it would help if it were jagged on two sides (like their logo).

Yeah, as davidmiller5 said, the lightning bolts look more like harpoons to me.

Interesting...I'll give that I try. Never realized that until now, so we'll see if it looks better with a full lightning bolt.

Keep the C&C comin! I'll probably post another one or two concepts tomorrow.

2LYbxnm.png

I think that on the Tampa jersey the (Blue) that there should be a extended black yoke (it would balance out the colors well), and make either make an extended yoke blue, or black, as a reference to the original jerseys, or if you made them blue, black bolts would be necessary.

Jake88%2BSignture.png

I think that on the Tampa jersey the (Blue) that there should be a extended black yoke (it would balance out the colors well), and make either make an extended yoke blue, or black, as a reference to the original jerseys, or if you made them blue, black bolts would be necessary.

Black wouldn't make too much sense in this color scheme because there isn't any in any of the logos or on the rest of the uniforms, so it would look pretty out of place on the arms like yo suggested. I fully plan on reintroducing black into the color scheme, though, for the alternate when I make it.

2LYbxnm.png

Archived