NHL by CCM: Project 2014-15 (DET/NSH Update)

OhioSportsMan61

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time for a new team to be posted. For Detroit, I kept it simple, matched the striping (which they do not have now), added collar laces and switched up the font they use to make it seem like an "old time" font - much like they used for the Winter Classic. C&C always welcomed.

10) Detroit Red Wings

DETHF_zpsf27d68e4.png

DETRF_zpsc0bec88c.png

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

Why the collar laces for Detroit? They're the only Original Six team who never wore laced collars on a regular uniform.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Why the collar laces for Detroit? They're the only Original Six team who never wore laced collars on a regular uniform.

I know that they have never had collar laces on any of their primary uniforms before, but I didn't take inspiration from any past sets they've had. Simply added them to give a vintage feel.

Interesting take on the Red Wings here. Will the diamond captain patch make a comeback too?

And yes, that was the plan all along, just didn't use Zetterberg on the back :wink2:

2LYbxnm.png

Hi all, it's been a few days so I figured that it wouldn't hurt to post another team in here. C&C always welcome

11) Dallas Stars

DALHF_zps4c3351b6.png

DALRF_zps0ae91bdc.png

I may be in the minority, but I'd like to see the Stars return to the type of striping that you've shown here.

It's unique, has some history to it, and suits the "star" theme.

Nice job Ohio.

Hi all, it's been a few days so I figured that it wouldn't hurt to post another team in here. C&C always welcome

11) Dallas Stars

I may be in the minority, but I'd like to see the Stars return to the type of striping that you've shown here.

It's unique, has some history to it, and suits the "star" theme.

Nice job Ohio.

Thanks Sparky! I feel the same about their identity issue, although their uniforms are sharp.

I don't like that logo used as a primary. It looks akward as a primary logo.

I felt the same about the current primary being placed on the front of these unis. Looks better with this one imo

Any other C&C?

2LYbxnm.png

not bad on the Preds, i'd prefer a more consistent hem stripe similar to what they have now. I don't like that you took Calgary's 3rd jersey numbers and put them on this concept. I don't like their current numbers but Calgary's are too thin for this.

Thanks for the feedback. What type of typeface do you think would look better?

2LYbxnm.png

not bad on the Preds, i'd prefer a more consistent hem stripe similar to what they have now. I don't like that you took Calgary's 3rd jersey numbers and put them on this concept. I don't like their current numbers but Calgary's are too thin for this.

I'm not sure, that's up to you, it's your concept. Maybe something bolder or maybe something that plays off the sharp tooth idea you are using? I just think it's weird to use another teams numbers (which aren't generic) that are so new.

I honestly think that those numbers that the Preds have now would look fine with those jerseys. I actually like the font they have now. As is the Flames font looks very out of place since it is so angular and the jersey is "smooth".If it was me though,I'd think the St. Louis Rams font could look good.

Jake88%2BSignture.png

Archived