NHL by CCM: Project 2014-15 (DET/NSH Update)

OhioSportsMan61

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No shoulder patches or alts?

Not all teams have shoulder patches in reality, so why would I add them if it seems unrealistic/visually bad? And I think I addressed the alts in an earlier post. I am going to do each primary home and road, then once finished with all of them, do an alternate.

Did you try swapping colours on the Islanders away logo? I think that may work better.

And yeah I did without posting it here. It just seemed off if it is another color but blue on orange (mainly because it matches the font style and its stroke color).

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

You sure? It's based off of the Union Army uniforms

link75.jpg

Really liking all the sweaters so far.

A few comments on Columbus.

1. I think using vintage white/cream or whatever you call that color would look better instead of white, especially as the main color of the away.

2. Maybe a yoke on both jerseys like they have on the thirds now would look better. Vintage white yoke at home/union blue yoke away.

3. The chevrons on the sleeves just seem like they don't belong. I think if you want to do draw a parallel to the union uniform, maybe use the striping near the cuffs like you see in this picture.

Also, send your Hurricanes concept to the NHL immediately.

Can't wait to see more.

ETA: I'm also kind of wondering if shaping a yoke like the epaulets on the union uniform would be neat or excessive and ugly.

i love all of your looks so far.

but as a guy who doesn't watch much hockey (just the playoffs really) can someone explain to me the significance of the pattern on Carolina's jerseys? thanks

Warning flags for a Hurricane

Warning flags for a Hurricane Tropical Storm. :lol:

Good stuff so far. I think the silver on the Canes set could be lightened up just a bit. If you go too dark, and too metallic, it'll clash with the black.

Really liking all the sweaters so far.

A few comments on Columbus.

1. I think using vintage white/cream or whatever you call that color would look better instead of white, especially as the main color of the away.

2. Maybe a yoke on both jerseys like they have on the thirds now would look better. Vintage white yoke at home/union blue yoke away.

3. The chevrons on the sleeves just seem like they don't belong. I think if you want to do draw a parallel to the union uniform, maybe use the striping near the cuffs like you see in this picture.

Also, send your Hurricanes concept to the NHL immediately.

Can't wait to see more.

ETA: I'm also kind of wondering if shaping a yoke like the epaulets on the union uniform would be neat or excessive and ugly.

Thanks for the feedback. I took some of the basic concepts you suggested and came up with this update for the Jackets. I was also playing around with some of the colors and found that if you swap out the lighter blue for red, it still looks very sharp. What do you all think? Stick with the double blue or go blue/red?

CBJHFupdate_zps40a2ff24.png

CBJRFupdate_zps045eee3b.png

2LYbxnm.png

Like 4thandPunt said, I think the yokes would make this better. I'm a sucker for yokes, but I still like the redo.

I guess in a way the yokes on the road are filled (the sleeves), but it looked off when it was applied to the home on both versions that have been posted.

Any other feedback on this update? I'll probably post my next team either tonight if I have time or sometime during the day tomorrow so be on the lookout

2LYbxnm.png

I really like this design. A lot. The white really pops and I love it.

Until I realized why I loved it...

it's Winnipeg. You made the Winnipeg Blue Jackets.

Swap out the light blue for red if it works alright.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I really like this design. A lot. The white really pops and I love it.

Until I realized why I loved it...

it's Winnipeg. You made the Winnipeg Blue Jackets.

Swap out the light blue for red if it works alright.

Thanks!

My only problem with swapping out the red for the light blue is that it detracts from the civil war theme going on with the team's identity, and the vintage white doesn't mix well with the red. And I don't necessarily think the Jets should don their current double blue, too.

2LYbxnm.png

Here are a pair of Original Six teams. I decided to keep them both pretty simple and not too flashy. For the Rags, nothing much changed other than the templates and striping now match eachother. And for the B's, I went down the route of brown/gold and ditched the black...I think it gives it a more vintage feel.

8) New York Rangers

NYRhf_zpsbb9ed102.png

NYRRf_zps86df8427.png

9) Boston Bruins

BOSHF_zps905ddbab.png

BOSRF_zps3b4e9fee.png

C&C is always appreciated. Look for more updates soon and keep the comments coming!

2LYbxnm.png

You should make Columbus more exact replicas of this.

link75.jpg

I would even try gold buttons as the logo and light blue pants.

But no matter what, make all the stripes gold and make one of the shoulders gold.

You should make Columbus more exact replicas of this.

link75.jpg

I would even try gold buttons as the logo and light blue pants.

But no matter what, make all the stripes gold and make one of the shoulders gold.

That will make for a good base as the alternate jersey for this set. I think I'm going to stick with the last one posted.

Can't wait to see Detroit specifically, but everyone else also

agree

Detroit will be the next team posted.

Why don't you try using Boston's current logo instead of the alternate logo. Just a suggestion, it still looks good now though.

I wanted to go in a different direction. While their B logo is a classic, I wanted to step a little outside of my comfort zone with that one because the bear logo is also a great logo and it fits well with the set.

Any other comments before I post the next team (which will be Detroit)?

2LYbxnm.png

Archived