NFL Changes 2014+

EJ_Barlik

You're missing a version in between the red-numbered one and the giant-elvis one.

IMO the version you're missing was their best look ever. I did like big-elvis though.

Yep. This was 1994 (my favorite jersey of the royal blue era too).

500x305-drew-bledsoe.jpg

I like that one. So much better than what they're wearing now.

What pants did they wear with that?

Basically, the redskins' stripe in the Pats' colors.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're missing a version in between the red-numbered one and the giant-elvis one.

IMO the version you're missing was their best look ever. I did like big-elvis though.

I definitely agree that this was the best jersey of the flying elvis era. Those pants were not great, but that's easily correctable.

The mismatched shoulder number prior to this were jarring to me. The "big elvis" jersey (the two-tone vertical striping, big shoulder logos, drop shadows) was just over done. And the current stuff is overdone in a different way...piping, side panels, etc...and I agree with whoever referred to them as "getting stale" earlier in the thread.

By far my favorite pats jersey of all time is the red jersey with shoulder stripes. Of course today's template would significantly diminish that look. Because I loved that jersey so much, I was dragged kicking and screaming to flying elvis. But Pat the Patriot had far too much detail...it really probably needed to be replaced. I wish they'd gone with a new logo on what was roughly the old look. Red home jersey makes sense, particularly when the other Red/White/Blue teams (Bills, Giants, Texans) wear blue as their primary dark jersey.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

500x305-drew-bledsoe.jpg

I definitely agree that this was the best jersey of the flying elvis era. Those pants were not great, but that's easily correctable.

The mismatched shoulder number prior to this were jarring to me. The "big elvis" jersey (the two-tone vertical striping, big shoulder logos, drop shadows) was just over done. And the current stuff is overdone in a different way...piping, side panels, etc...and I agree with whoever referred to them as "getting stale" earlier in the thread.

By far my favorite pats jersey of all time is the red jersey with shoulder stripes. Of course today's template would significantly diminish that look. Because I loved that jersey so much, I was dragged kicking and screaming to flying elvis. But Pat the Patriot had far too much detail...it really probably needed to be replaced. I wish they'd gone with a new logo on what was roughly the old look. Red home jersey makes sense, particularly when the other Red/White/Blue teams (Bills, Giants, Texans) wear blue as their primary dark jersey.

The funny thing about this set is that it was clearly a thrown together as a reaction to the 1st incarnation not being viewed favorably from a design and functionality standpoint. Basically they removed all of the more bold elements (pants stripe/numbers/silver mask) and opted for a more traditional/bland look.

Assuming the Raiders move to San Antonio (doubtful), they'd be required to leave their name, logo and team colors back in Oakland, right? Isn't that what Modell was forced to do when he moved the franchise to Baltimore?

Assuming the Raiders move to San Antonio (doubtful), they'd be required to leave their name, logo and team colors back in Oakland, right? Isn't that what Modell was forced to do when he moved the franchise to Baltimore?

Oh for the love of God. Not this argument AGAIN.

First off this this rumor is laughable if you read any reputable sports journalism. Second the Davis family has zero loyalty to any city so they keep the name as long as they own the team no matter where they set up the circus tent.

Cleveland and Seattle are/were special exceptions due to the circumstances of them leaving. OAK would like to keep the raiders but they got screwed with the relocation financially so I doubt the raiders name is near and dear to anyone that has any influence up there.

First off this this rumor is laughable if you read any reputable sports journalism. Second the Davis family has zero loyalty to any city so they keep the name as long as they own the team no matter where they set up the circus tent.

Cleveland and Seattle are/were special exceptions due to the circumstances of them leaving. OAK would like to keep the raiders but they got screwed with the relocation financially so I doubt the raiders name is near and dear to anyone that has any influence up there.

Seattle moved?

I thought the NFL wanted to avoid another case of the Colts leaving with their trademarks. If the Browns had to leave their traditions behind, why not the Raiders? They're just as synonymous with Oakland as the Browns were to Cleveland.

Seattle moved?

I thought the NFL wanted to avoid another case of the Colts leaving with their trademarks. If the Browns had to leave their traditions behind, why not the Raiders? They're just as synonymous with Oakland as the Browns were to Cleveland.

Except for that stint in LA. The Raiders are synonymous with being Da Raiders Oakland is just where they play.

I'd bet good money that when all is said and done, the Raiders will be playing at Levi's Stadium, which is actually slightly closer to Oakland than it is to San Francisco.

I'd bet good money that when all is said and done, the Raiders will be playing at Levi's Stadium, which is actually slightly closer to Oakland than it is to San Francisco.

SJ is roughly equidistant from SF and OAK. Oak and SF are less than 20 miles from each other and from border to border may be less than 10 miles in certain points. If Davis was smart (which he's likely not) he'd hire a good real estate attorney to negotiate a favorable lease in Santa Clara like the clippers did with staples. He gets to keep the team and reap all of the immediate benefits of a new stadium without laying out any cash. But too bad his ego gets in the way.

If people seriously believe Bob McNair and Jerry Jones would vote to allow the Raiders to move to San Antonio, you're delusional. The Raiders are either headed back to L.A. or somewhere else in the Bay Area.

If people seriously believe Bob McNair and Jerry Jones would vote to allow the Raiders to move to San Antonio, you're delusional. The Raiders are either headed back to L.A. or somewhere else in the Bay Area.

Well only 24 of 32 owners must approve so 2 could not stop the move.

spacer.png

500x305-drew-bledsoe.jpg

The funny thing about this set is that it was clearly a thrown together as a reaction to the 1st incarnation not being viewed favorably from a design and functionality standpoint. Basically they removed all of the more bold elements (pants stripe/numbers/silver mask) and opted for a more traditional/bland look.

Silver/gray mask was a bold look? Did the Cowboys and Raiders know this?

I'd say the red mask was far more bold than a "neutral" gray mask.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I hated the warriors name when floated as a replacement years ago but have really come around to it as of late. I think it would work well and honor all parties. Would it be acceptable if they were to become the warriors to use the old spear logo and throwbacks that went with it? Just get rid of the name and the Indian logo?

redskins_tb.jpeg

redskins2_display_image.jpg

Those uniforms are AMAZING. They may be the best.

I wish they were used as throwbacks.

Just... man, that stirs somethin' up in ya.

Archived