NFL Changes 2014+

EJ_Barlik

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just thinking if you swap brown for black and have a OK State helmet from the Texas Tech game ( w/o Pistol Pete of course) That would be a good look for the Browns.

DNAsports, on 22 Jan 2015 - 17:36, said:

I wouldn't mind if the new Browns uniforms turn out to be very similar to Team Irvin's uniforms

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

I wouldn't mind if the new Browns uniforms turn out to be very similar to Team Irvin's uniforms

So you want the Browns to look like the Buccaneers?
I see no similarities between them besides the pants

So the yoke on the jersey does not at least remind you of the Bucs as well? :therock:

Oh wait I get it the other jersey I actually think that is probably what you will get.

The tusks or jaws will point to the browns wordmark to pay homage to their founder Paul Brown!

Have they announced a date for the Browns' release yet? I swear, I'm going to take off of work so I can sit by my computer waiting for the :censored: storm.

I missed the horrific Bucs unveiling, and the thread had gained something like 2,000 posts by the time I realized the jerseys were unveiled. The Browns' set will almost certainly be worse, as this Nike joint will be replacing an iconic football set. Like, I halfway expect rioting in the streets of Cleveland. This board might actually explode.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Have they announced a date for the Browns' release yet? I swear, I'm going to take off of work so I can sit by my computer waiting for the :censored: storm.

I missed the horrific Bucs unveiling, and the thread had gained something like 2,000 posts by the time I realized the jerseys were unveiled. The Browns' set will almost certainly be worse, as this Nike joint will be replacing an iconic football set. Like, I halfway expect rioting in the streets of Cleveland. This board might actually explode.

Yeah besides the NCAA basketball tournament this may be the best day to take a vacation before summer

It looks like I can't create a question on the forum, so I'll post my question here.

Does the official Steelers logo has a black border around the gray circle ?

I thought it did not, but on the field as well as on the Steelers official website, there's a back border around the logo. I'm confused.

disappointed in the Pro Bowl unis again, but more in the shapes and fonts than color. i would like to see blue vs red too, but i understand what they're doing with the color.

start with a neutral (grays and white) base that doesn't clash with all the different helmets. then you need to trim it out in 2 colors that are easily identifiable from each other and so the players and viewers can easily see who belongs to each team. it also needs to stand out from all those helmets. so the fluorescent colors do that job well, and they chose 2 of their popular colors right now. i think in the future you could see fluorescent red and blue substituted and it would represent the NFL better (brand colors).

or another idea is to change them each year to reflect the coach/captain's history. with Carter and Irvin, it could be purple and silver

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

disappointed in the Pro Bowl unis again, but more in the shapes and fonts than color. i would like to see blue vs red too, but i understand what they're doing with the color.

start with a neutral (grays and white) base that doesn't clash with all the different helmets. then you need to trim it out in 2 colors that are easily identifiable from each other and so the players and viewers can easily see who belongs to each team. it also needs to stand out from all those helmets. so the fluorescent colors do that job well, and they chose 2 of their popular colors right now. i think in the future you could see fluorescent red and blue substituted and it would represent the NFL better (brand colors).

or another idea is to change them each year to reflect the coach/captain's history. with Carter and Irvin, it could be purple and silver

That's such a cool idea I'm shocked nobody thought of it before.

I HATE the pro bowl format of the draft. Hate it in hockey. Will hate it in the NBA. Pray it never comes to MLB.

But if they have to do it and they have to abandon old-school R/W/B uniforms, then this is the way to go. While viewers would not know who plays for what team, at least they'd know which team is captioned by who.

That is a good idea.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I HATE the pro bowl format of the draft. Hate it in hockey. Will hate it in the NBA. Pray it never comes to MLB.

But if they have to do it and they have to abandon old-school R/W/B uniforms, then this is the way to go. While viewers would not know who plays for what team, at least they'd know which team is captioned by who.

That is a good idea.

Yea, the draft format is dumb. Why do we have to have two loud-mouthed former NFL morons pick the teams? At the very least choose some interesting celebrities and let them have a say in the color scheme/style.

I don't mind the draft format for the NBA since the conferences and divisions are largely arbitrary, and I don't care if the NHL does it as long as they have East and West rather than Campbell and Wales.

But the AFC and NFC have separate and specific origins that should be reflected as long as they insist on playing the Pro Bowl.

Archived