NFL Changes 2014+

EJ_Barlik

It wouldn't be a true ALL PRO game but I say make it SCC vs PAC12 or BIG12 vs BIG10. Switch it up each year with a different college conference match up. Bring some meaning and fire into the game.

youre_serious_futurama_zpsig91knv6.gif

All I'm saying is I would watch an SCC v PAC12 matchup. I haven't watched the Pro Bowl in I don't know how long. In all honesty I'd rather they just throw a party, let the fans mingle with the players, and forget the actual mockery of a game.

Even better, they should just make the Pro Bowl episodes of The Walking Dead. People watch that.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe they're leaving the left side of the Patriots endzone blank. Also, why not put the conference logos on the same side in each endzone? In the Seahawks endzone it's on the left side. In the Patriots endzone it's on the right side.

Yeah that Patriots endzone looks like ass with the logo under the wordmark (though that is the official graphic). But they should have put the logo to the side, and just used the letters as the mark.

What are the odds Miami's new alternate is a throwback to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the franchise?
1966_Miami.png

*50th season. 50th anniversary is in 2016.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

So the endzones aren't going to match. DUMB.

In the past the Patriots used a wordmark that had their logo in it so when they appeared in the Super Bowl they placed Flying Elvis to the side and removed the Flying Elvis that wrapped around the top of the P. Why not just do the same thing with their current wordmark?

NFL2.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

The new wordmark is horrible and has been since it debuted. This, plus it being in plain :censored:ing white on a navy background, highlights how terrible and boring it is. Of course they could have just done the wordmark and put the logo to one side. But this shows that pretty much everything branding-wise the NFL has done over the last five years has been terrible. This. Going to solid-color wordmarks for the Super Bowl the last few years. The general field design for SBs, the SB logos. The conference championship logos and trophies. All of them suck and are worse than previously.

My only hope is that for Super Bowl 50, they do a nod to history and return to the classic helmet endzones one last time. But sadly I think Goddell got a raging clue watching the college title game and will go with grayscale-silver endzones for both teams.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Arian Foster on Twitter wanting new Texans uniforms. http://houston.cbslocal.com/2015/02/02/arian-foster-wants-new-uniforms-for-the-texans/

Not sure if i'd want change just for change. The uniforms are fine, just wish they'd go with better color combinations. Tired of blue top with white pants and blue socks. I'd like to see all red + blue socks or blue top, red pants and red socks. White top, blue pants is fine for away games, but with white or red socks + all white a few away games here and there.

Arian Foster on Twitter wanting new Texans uniforms. http://houston.cbslocal.com/2015/02/02/arian-foster-wants-new-uniforms-for-the-texans/

Not sure if i'd want change just for change. The uniforms are fine, just wish they'd go with better color combinations. Tired of blue top with white pants and blue socks. I'd like to see all red + blue socks or blue top, red pants and red socks. White top, blue pants is fine for away games, but with white or red socks + all white a few away games here and there.

"I love when Nike gets innovate w their uniforms"... yeesh.

Fingers crossed...Houston Oilers colors...Houston Oilers colors...Nike? Innovation?

Nevermind.

why do you guys hate the draft style selection of teams? yea the AFC/NFC have their own history but they've been the same league for what, 50 years? in this format you get, arguably, the best players in the game regardless of conference, which i like. and i know i'm the weird one here, but i actually enjoy the game and 2 of my favorite moments this year was watching Hilton score a TD on his teammate Davis, and watching Mathews and Nelson celebrate a TD together though they were on different teams (just thought it was a funny moment). thats part of what the draft provides

Aren't significant chunks of the rosters determined by fan votes?

I've got news for you sweetheart, that's not going to get you the best players in the game.

yes pumpkin, the fan vote counts towards who gets voted in. and you think having a player in the game because he's arguably the 4th best in his conference but arguably 8th best in the league will make it better? c'mon man, troll harder.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Fingers crossed...Houston Oilers colors...Houston Oilers colors...Nike? Innovation?

Nevermind.

Leave the Oilers stuff with the Titans, whatever little of it there is at this point...

bSLCtu2.png

Why don't the players just shut up and wear what they have to wear? I don't wanna always wear a suit but I have to.

Does your company dictate the style and color suit that you have to wear? Otherwise this is a dumb analogy.

Well no, but still my company dictates how I have to dress. So no, it's not a dumb analogy.

Why don't the players just shut up and wear what they have to wear? I don't wanna always wear a suit but I have to.

Does your company dictate the style and color suit that you have to wear? Otherwise this is a dumb analogy.

Well no, but still my company dictates how I have to dress. So no, it's not a dumb analogy.

It's just not a good comparison. You likely have the opportunity to choose your suit and shirt from a wide range of fabrics and colors that suit your and fashion taste. You can also choose the style and material of your shoes. The thing you likely have in common with Mr. Foster is that you and your coworkers wear your socks to suit your own personal preference although you probably don't get fined when your socks are worn in a noncompliant manner.

If you had to wear a uniform to work with strict guidelines and fines levied for noncompliance then maybe you'd have more in common and you might have an argument, but in your case you simply don't.

Yup. And another one would bite the dust.

BB52Big.jpg

Why don't the players just shut up and wear what they have to wear?

Because this isn't North Korea?

I think what Foster and MANY other players get bored with is having to wear the same, stodgy combos week-in and week-out. The Texans at least change it up a few times a year (the all whites get one game a year and the all blues get one game a year). But when teams like the Panthers go the ultra conservative (and boring) route and act like any change to their uniforms is committing a federal crime, then that's what gets frustrating.

The Texans should have worn red pants with the white jersey's a couple of times (especially when they played in Indy where they have never won) before they ditched them a few years ago. I don't think Red tops and blue pants (when coupled with a blue helmet) would look bad at all. Would be very similar to what Baltimore does with their purple/black combo and that works very well. For one game a year, Houston ought to do it. They only wear the red alt once a year anyway. They could wear it twice if they wanted to. They should go for it in 2015.

Disagree with Foster that Houston needs to change their threads though. Its the other team in Texas that needs new uniforms.

I think the Texans would look beautiful in Red/Blue. I remember when the name was unveiled, one imagined Red unis. We had to wait a season, but we got 'em. Switching from blue to red might energize us a little more and appease this place's hate for navy.

So I shopped this from the all reds.

o1FODJZ.png

Archived