NFL Changes 2014+

EJ_Barlik

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to see that, contingent upon the Titans vacating their vestigial Oiler blue. Maybe get some white into the collar and shoulder hoops to match the old Oilers sleeves, whether it's red-white-red or white-red-white; it looks off to me without white. But if, IF, the Titans go in a new direction, that would be a treat to see.

Come to think of it, doesn't the Texans' endzone wordmark have a big ol' drop shadow on it? Clearly they're not afraid to make nods to the Oilers as it is.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

^^

I like that, but since the logo is a nod to the Texas flag, I think the darker blue is needed.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

^^

I like that, but since the logo is a nod to the Texas flag, I think the darker blue is needed.

Agreed, it looks great but the uniform is based on the flag, You can't just go around re-coloring flags, especially one as important as Texas.;)

87Redskins.png

I think the Texans would look beautiful in Red/Blue. I remember when the name was unveiled, one imagined Red unis. We had to wait a season, but we got 'em. Switching from blue to red might energize us a little more and appease this place's hate for navy.

So I shopped this from the all reds.

o1FODJZ.png

Wait, this looks fantastic. Why have they not done this???

The Texans? With all the genuinely crappy uniforms in the NFL just begging for a change (Bengals, Titans, Ravens, Falcons, Cardinals, to just name the ones that have aged so poorly), this is what we're discussing?

Here. let me fix the Texans...

Wear red socks with the blue pants.

Done.

The Texans? With all the genuinely crappy uniforms in the NFL just begging for a change (Bengals, Titans, Ravens, Falcons, Cardinals, to just name the ones that have aged so poorly), this is what we're discussing?

Done.

Unfortunately, one of the team's star players wants a change, so it'll probably happen. But I agree. The Texans got it right the first time. No need to change a thing. I'd personally love to see a change to columbia blue especially with the Titans de-emphasizing the color. But even that change is unnecessary.

^^

Agreed, it looks great but the uniform is based on the flag, You can't just go around re-coloring flags, especially one as important as Texas. ;)

The logo isn't the Texas flag though, it's only vaguely based on the Texas flag. Recoloring the Texans logo Luv Ya Blue isn't the same as doing it to the actual Texas flag.

Also, as Admiral said, they've already taken liberties with the flag's colors as it is.

Done.

Unfortunately, one of the team's star players wants a change, so it'll probably happen. But I agree. The Texans got it right the first time. No need to change a thing. I'd personally love to see a change to columbia blue especially with the Titans de-emphasizing the color. But even that change is unnecessary.

The only thing a player could possibly influence is an on field color combination. Given the 2+ year design cycle and the fact that rb's have notoriously short careers on average, no franchise is going to start the process on account of them. Elway's insistence on white pants will likely be the only direct uniform design change that a player has impacted.

Unfortunately, one of the team's star players wants a change, so it'll probably happen.

I don't think so. Foster will be a 29 year-old running back next season, which is similar to a 40 year-old super model. He's still putting up good numbers, but he's not likely to be on the Texans three years from now. And that's not to say that the Texans won't change anything, just that they're not going to tailor anything to what Foster likes.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived