NFL Changes 2014+

EJ_Barlik

The Eagles' current font blows, but the uniforms are actually pretty good, certainly among the best new uniforms from the last 20 years. Also, they get bonus points for keeping the classic football jersey template and the old materials, telling Nike to piss up a rope.

That being said, I love the idea of the Eagles in Kelly green again. They should have never left it, and they could now own that color with the Jets having decided to use dark green and the Seahawks having eliminated it long ago.

My concern is, what they have now is better than passable, with essentially no "suggestions" from Nike. We've seen the "return to a classic look" rebrand in sports recently, and it generally doesn't work well. We've also seen what Nike ends up doing most of the time. I'm envisioning Kelly green, solid silver numbers with an even-more-contrived font than the current one, awful, truncated striping patterns, monochrome, and something which "pays tribute" to past looks by looking like the team had never before actually dressed. I think I'd prefer the not-great jade uniforms over "Nike presents 'Kelly Green' featuring the Philadelphia Eagles, a Chip Kelly Production."

I'll rather they keep what they have versus letting Nike play Russian roulette with a single bullet of modern football design.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since this is NFL 2015 + this story is relevant. And I so badly want to see it come to life

Eagles are Considering a Switch Back to Kelly Green Uniforms

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2014/08/the-eagles-are-considering-a-switch-back-to-kelly-green-uniforms.html

Can only hope this will be the case. I think a lot of people were into the midnight green for a while (including myself) but the obvious superiority of the Classic Kelly green has become more clear to the mainstream fanbase.

This rumor surfaces every 6 months on this board. Until they submit for an actual redesign this consideration may have been no more than a 10 second half baked elevator conversation. Also judging from the context the, working through league rules could indicate nothing more than attempting to add throwback alt if they go back to allowing multiple helmets.

Unfortunate turn of events my friends. In a move that is so totally typical of this team (can you tell I'm frustrated???), the team clearified they were only talking about adding an alternate:

http://www.csnphilly.com/blog/700-level/dont-get-your-hopes-about-eagles-switching-kelly-green

Good! I really do like the midnight green colors and the uniform itself.

spacer.png

Okay, clearly that's the Lions' QB practice jerseys, but why not red like every other team that doesn't use some shade of red as its primary color?

Oh, right. Because Nike.

Okay, clearly that's the Lions' QB practice jerseys, but why not red like every other team that doesn't use some shade of red as its primary color?

Oh, right. Because Nike.

You might want to do some homework there. Red QB jerseys are not as common as you'd think.

Watching ESPN and they were at the Cleveland Browns training camp, the QB's were in red, and there were brown jerseys w/white numbers, and there were orange jerseys with white numbers and a brown drop shadow. Anyone know more about the orange jerseys and why they're different

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Unfortunate turn of events my friends. In a move that is so totally typical of this team (can you tell I'm frustrated???), the team clearified they were only talking about adding an alternate:

http://www.csnphilly.com/blog/700-level/dont-get-your-hopes-about-eagles-switching-kelly-green

Not surprising. But revealing that they felt the need to clarify.

Not sure how that is a move that is "totally typical of this team."

The clarification makes sense. I was wondering what they were talking about when they said that there were rules besides just the timeline preventing them from doing it. It makes sense that they're talking about the "no-two-helmet" rule.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Eagles color scheme is really a mess. I would greatly prefer kelly to the current dark blue-green personally, but the truth is, the real problem is the charcoal gray. Adding that was when things completely fell apart. The horrible lack of value contrast between black, very dark green, and very dark gray is a design mistake a complete beginner probably wouldn't make. Why they added dark gray is a total mystery. Switching the dark gray on the numbers and pants stripe from charcoal to silver would upgrade this uniform from ugly to just deeply boring.

Makes sense they were talking about an alternate, with them saying theirs hurdles with the nfl about it I'm guessing probably wanting to wear a kelly green helmet with it.

I like kelly green just cause black trim pops out more and silver looks better with it as well.

Also I would only want them to have silver pants and maybe white.

Not sure how that is a move that is "totally typical of this team."

The clarification makes sense. I was wondering what they were talking about when they said that there were rules besides just the timeline preventing them from doing it. It makes sense that they're talking about the "no-two-helmet" rule.

Typical as, from a fan's perspective, we've all wanted the change since they switched to midnight green, but Lurie doesn't seem to care because he sees it as his color.

The 'midnight green' also prevents me from buying alot of merchandise too, honestly.

When I scroll through, say, draft hats from all the other teams it's like "Cool, that one looks sweet, etc. etc." Then I get to my beloved Iggles...... and its like just teal and black..... and I'm just like eh, I'll pass

Oh, right. Because Nike.

You might want to do some homework there. Red QB jerseys are not as common as you'd think.

Doesn't Drew Brees wear a gold one?? I think Russell Wilson wears that obnoxious lime green.

Archived