NFL Changes 2014+

EJ_Barlik

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. Jaguars are still the worst looking team on the field.

And I hate to say it too, but the Bucs don't look as horrible as anticipated. The spray paint helmet stripes are still dumb, and the helmet logo is still just one size too big. However, the numbers don't look as terrible from a distance, when you can't see the notches in them, and the red/pewter balance is actually pretty solid. They look fine on the field.

Of course, the devil is still in the details and they are infuriating in close. And I'm sure as the game goes on and the reflective numbers come into play, it'll highlight that part of the awfulness. The chrome facemask is still dumb, too.

But, from a game-viewing standpoint, they're ok.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

EDIT: phutmasterflex beat me to it, but here are a few more pics.

The Eagles unis look a lot....cleaner. The numbers are closer together, and the jersey material seems more snug. Looks like they adopted the NIke flywire/template/jersey material this season. I'm liking it.

(sorry, only cell phone pics from my TV for now :grin:)

The lack of jersey stretching is really evident here:

0jTcDPE.png

Flywire:

CJqcHBg.jpg

More flywire:

NSaO2zq.png

Back of the jersey (Brent Celek's jersey is usually stretched to all hell around his pads):

zLRgWFs.png

philliescreamersig2copy.png

I wonder if the Raiders, Panthers and Packers switched to the new template also.

Watching Panthers game now. No change. Raiders have no change too if I am seeing it right. And Pack won't touch iconic uniform look.

One more Eagles pic

AbFSmSn.jpg

Stadium lights taking effect

xQNJ6rY.jpg

Go A's!

Reflectors not taking effect yet

jXmXCMx.jpg

After seeing these uniforms on in play, I'm gonna change my stance on them being the 2nd worst in the league. They are definitely the worst uniform set in the league. Heck, at least Jacksonville looks decent from the neck down. But the Bucs looks like garbage from head to toe.

spacer.png

That would be a decent looking game if the Bucs had a normal number font and the Jags had an all-black helmet. Unfortunately the numbers are the biggest design feature on the jersey and the helmet is, well, the helmet.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Every time we see a uniform that was comprehensively designed by Nike, it ends up being pretty bland. This photo caught my eye. Check out how the pants design for Jacksonville and Tampa is extremely similar. Simple triangular shapes and fills in the template. I thought about it and realized this has been a recurring theme. It's not design...it's pure lazy. Tacky helmet idea -- check. Blocky, angular numbers. Check. Triangular inserts passed off as style. Check.

How frustrating is it to watch designers on these boards put together genius ideas, while those actually working behind the scenes are seemingly half-assing it

Buju5TrIAAA_mSN.jpg

Archived