NFL Changes 2014+

EJ_Barlik

Texans is still a dumb nickname.

I think it's perfect for Texas, because native Texans are known largely for our state pride.

I would be OK with it if there had not already been a Texas-based team in the NFL.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's perfect for Texas, because native Texans are known largely for our state pride.

I would be OK with it if there had not already been a Texas-based team in the NFL.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Can someone please explain why all the sleeves stripes are neutered now that Nike has taken over? I don't understand why the sleeve stripes can't be moved up to show the full width of the stripes (Steelers). Is there a rule/regulation stating that the manufacturing company logo MUST be on the primary color of the jersey, unimpeded by logo, stripe, or design?

It drives me insane. Can anyone help?

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Can someone please explain why all the sleeves stripes are neutered now that Nike has taken over? I don't understand why the sleeve stripes can't be moved up to show the full width of the stripes (Steelers). Is there a rule/regulation stating that the manufacturing company logo MUST be on the primary color of the jersey, unimpeded by logo, stripe, or design?

I think overall striping has been more uniform with the switch to nike. Less templates and custom tailoring compared to the reebok/ripon hodgepodge have created a more uniform look across the board for most teams. Some of the truncated stripes like the steelers though do not really make sense. There must be some practical reason for it like the team required the stripes to have certain dimensions (widths) that simply do not fit the nike sleeve dimensions. Either that or most of the team prefers really short tailored sleeves and they've determined this is the acceptable after-market solution.

I can understand that reason, for sure. But I do still like it.

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

Branding. Where else can you put the Nike logo to gain maximum exposure? When players are in their stances at the LOS, you get to see a row of logos. It's branding.

Go A's!

Branding. Where else can you put the Nike logo to gain maximum exposure? When players are in their stances at the LOS, you get to see a row of logos. It's branding.
I think he's asking why it's (in most cases) above the stripe and not within the stripe, which would move the stripes up maybe a half inch and in pit's case possibly fit it all on the sleeve.

But then the swoosh wouldn't be as prominent.

Even if they did that, I'm not sure they could fit the Steelers' stripes on the vestigal sleeves.

Here's a look.

It's possible that the stripes could be moved up in the absence of that swoosh, but even if they were, I'm not sure that the whole set could fit. And the top stripe would be so truncated that it would be a couple inches long, or hardly worthy of the name.

20131215pdSteelersSports01.jpg

I like the texans identity but I miss the color scheme of the oilers. Hopefully with bud Adams gone they will start including the baby blue tops with white pants and the white tops with baby blue into the regular rotation because I read somewhere that the reason those weren't ever used or the all white was because Adams didn't want to mimic the oilers uniforms.

I've heard somewhere that the Eagles were looking to revert to Kelly Green soon. Has anyone else heard of that?

Discussed a few pages back. They were considering it only for an alt, but can't because of the one helmet rule.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived