NFL Changes 2014+

EJ_Barlik

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching the Bears/Jags game and outside of their embarrassing helmet, I do not see the issue with the rest of the Jags' uniform. In fact, it's a pretty good look.

I think that's becoming the general consensus. It's not a top uniform in the league, but it's not offensively bad either. It's that helmet... That freaking helmet.

Ugh. Titans in light blue over navy. I wouldn't mind them switching to this full-time.

Chris+Johnson+Indianapolis+Colts+v+Tenne

Those shoulder numbers seem pretty hard to read. Why are they not on the lower part of the sleeve?

Can the Jaguars just bring back these uniforms already?

3548.gif3549.gif

I like the simplicity of the logo only on the black pants. That philosophy would work well today, even if Jax went with a teal triangle-type stripe.

This whole thread is based on OP thinking these uniforms look very similar:

jacks.jpgNew-TB-Buccaneers-Uniforms-2014.jpg

What's a joke is how blind the anti-Nike NFL crowd is

Yeah - those look nothing alike. That being said, I don't have any problem with the Jags new set. I think that (at least to my eyes watching on TV), the Jags teal-colored numbers seem shiny or reflective under the lights. Very easy to read if it wasn't for the serifs. By comparison, the Bears numbers are easy to read.

Watching the Bears/Jags game and outside of their embarrassing helmet, I do not see the issue with the rest of the Jags' uniform. In fact, it's a pretty good look.

I like the Jags helmet. However, I agree with Cwx that it doesn't look like the official logo slick he's previously posted.

Yeah - I know, I know - I started this on the Rams/Browns. But, since the mods already changed the title, I might as well weigh in because the Bucs/Jags are my native teams.

So with all the uniform "trash" going on by Nike (and others), I propose a few simple "standardized" tweaks.

1. Make the shoulder stripes exactly match the helmet stripes. This brings one more way to tie together the uniform elements

2. Make the shoulder area of the uniform natch the main body color. The only contrasting color should be the numbers and stripes.

3. Always, always, always put the TV numbers on the top half of the lower part of the sleeve, not the shoulder. Reserve the shoulder for the alt logo.

4. Get rid of all "toilet bowl" collars. permanently.

5. Make the uniform socks and uniform shoes be different colors for clarity.

6. Uniform belt color should match the pants color.

7. All uniform numbers should be legible (fonts) from a distance of 50 yards. This solves the problem of viewers on TV not being able to read them because of weird diagonals or illegible fonts, even without camera zoom.

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

Okay someone brought it up again. Convince me. How in the f--- is the Jaguars uniform a good one?

Teal/Black/Gold/LightGold/White is a good color set to start with. I do agree the combination of said colors could be better.

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

Honestly i think the jags uniforms is still an eyesore even when you take away the helmet.

--the number font is terrible. Way too "pointy"

--Why are there ghost "tiger stripes" on the yoke? Jaguars =/= tigers

--What is going on in the collar area? the gold "slash" on the 2 dark jerseys seems pretty unnecessary. it looks better on the white jersey in black

--logo is a marked downgrade over the old logo which i always thought was a modern classic. imo, obviously, but it's way too detailed in my eyes

--Jags patch is awkward

--I think the pants are even worse than the bucs pants. that weird trapezoid shape...why???? looked terrible on tv as i was just watching that bears/jags game. looks better on the black pants but still pretty bad

Pretty much any concept on these forums has managed to improve over what nike's professional team came up with.

I've been meaning to post this - here's what the official 3-D version of the Jaguars' helmet looks like:

JacksonvilleJaguars_3DHRS0100a_2013.png

No matter what dimension this helmet is in, it looks like crap, but thanks for posting.

spacer.png

Jags whole set is just awful to me only because there seems to be no cohesive reason behind anything. Its like the designers were all put in a dark room somewhere and starting throwing the uniform together. If only they would have come out of the shadows long enough to design the uniform.

Here is my list of things that do not seem to have any rhyme or reason.

1. smooth primary logo/jagged numbers/pointy or jagged designs in the uniform seemingly place randomly which like the OP stated are similar to TB

2. silly shield logo that looks like it is collapsing in the middle which is a nod to the military but no other elelments anywhere on the jersey are military inspired.

3. half gold helmet with only a little bit of gold anywhere else on the uniform looks out place.

The helmet is worst one I have seen but the uniform just makes no sense either. The Jags are a complete fail what about their uniform looks uniform.

Minnesota & Seattle which certainly have some issues that need to be addressed they at least look inspired or seem to have a reason to look the way they do.

The rest just seem to be random computer generated uniforms & logos which have no uniformity and very little imagination.

after watching the game last night, the Jags have grown on me alot since last year. I, Like many others, wish the helmet would be different, but would be okay with either color as the helmet color (gold or black).

I've been meaning to post this - here's what the official 3-D version of the Jaguars' helmet looks like:

JacksonvilleJaguars_3DHRS0100a_2013.png

I see that face mask appear everywhere but I don't think it's a real mask style. Always bothers me.

It's a poor facimilie of the dickerson/deion egop

Honestly i think the jags uniforms is still an eyesore even when you take away the helmet.

--the number font is terrible. Way too "pointy"

--Why are there ghost "tiger stripes" on the yoke? Jaguars =/= tigers

--What is going on in the collar area? the gold "slash" on the 2 dark jerseys seems pretty unnecessary. it looks better on the white jersey in black

--logo is a marked downgrade over the old logo which i always thought was a modern classic. imo, obviously, but it's way too detailed in my eyes

--Jags patch is awkward

--I think the pants are even worse than the bucs pants. that weird trapezoid shape...why???? looked terrible on tv as i was just watching that bears/jags game. looks better on the black pants but still pretty bad

Pretty much any concept on these forums has managed to improve over what nike's professional team came up with.

Feel the exact opposite of this post. Make the helmet all black and use the same outline for the shoulder numbers and NOB and you have a great uniform.

Archived