NFL Changes 2014+

EJ_Barlik

I'm wondering if the Eagles couldn't get their green jerseys at the start of the season because they only made the switch within the past few months and that didn't give Nike enough time to produce the custom green.

I think it's more likely that they didn't like the results and are awaiting improvements from Nike.

But could be a little of this and a little of that.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still shocked every time some mentions liking those Seahawks uniforms. I disliked them from the start, and that was when I assumed the gray pants would be the primary option. Since they've gone full time to the boring monochrome, my dislike has turned to despise.

They have the least boring uniforms in the NFL. I love their colors and their entire uniform from head to toe is marvelous. Easily a Top 10 NFL uniform.

That's great you feel that way. It's also ok for a lot of people to not jump on board with ridiculous, oversized numerals, neon trim, faux "tribal" crap everywhere and basically allowing themselves to become Nike's lab experiment gone horribly awry. I really wouldn't care that much, but this "disease" is spreading a lot faster than i thought it would. Jacksonville and Tampa are prime examples.

I love how kids today find everything "boring" unless the thing in question glows in the dark, tweets their smart phone every 10 seconds and has a reset button.

Calm down. I wasn't arguing with him. That was one hell of a rant over a team's uniform. I'm also 43 years old. I for one am extremely pleased to see teams having a more custom look versus the cookie cutter death by stripes look that plagued the league for decades. When the TV cameras panned the Seattle crowd, I didn't see a single throwback jersey in the stands. All I saw were the current "disease" (wow lol) uniforms. Obviously the fan base is happy with their look.

Still shocked every time some mentions liking those Seahawks uniforms. I disliked them from the start, and that was when I assumed the gray pants would be the primary option. Since they've gone full time to the boring monochrome, my dislike has turned to despise.

They have the least boring uniforms in the NFL. I love their colors and their entire uniform from head to toe is marvelous. Easily a Top 10 NFL uniform.

That's great you feel that way. It's also ok for a lot of people to not jump on board with ridiculous, oversized numerals, neon trim, faux "tribal" crap everywhere and basically allowing themselves to become Nike's lab experiment gone horribly awry. I really wouldn't care that much, but this "disease" is spreading a lot faster than i thought it would. Jacksonville and Tampa are prime examples.

I love how kids today find everything "boring" unless the thing in question glows in the dark, tweets their smart phone every 10 seconds and has a reset button.

Calm down. I wasn't arguing with him. That was one hell of a rant over a team's uniform. I'm also 43 years old. I for one am extremely pleased to see teams having a more custom look versus the cookie cutter death by stripes look that plagued the league for decades. When the TV cameras panned the Seattle crowd, I didn't see a single throwback jersey in the stands. All I saw were the current "disease" (wow lol) uniforms. Obviously the fan base is happy with their look.

Yes, we love the Seahawks new look. Admittedly in the very beginning there was a lot of shock and of course resistance to change, but just like the reaction to the Broncos makeover in the 90's, it begins to grow on you. Our current uniform is beautiful.

Yes, we love the Seahawks new look. Admittedly in the very beginning there was a lot of shock and of course resistance to change, but just like the reaction to the Broncos makeover in the 90's, it begins to grow on you. Our current uniform is beautiful.

I love the Seahawks probably as much as you do but I'm still not really fond of the uniform. The colors are great but the look really pales in comparison to both old ones. With that being said, they have grown on me.

I'm wondering if the Eagles couldn't get their green jerseys at the start of the season because they only made the switch within the past few months and that didn't give Nike enough time to produce the custom green.

I doubt the switch was that late in the game. Nike has prob been working on it for two years. The black is horrible but wearing it now is probably nothing more than a marketing tool. Wear it three times instead of just twice.

Also I don't care that black is in their scheme - it's still bfbs and blows.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think it's more likely that they didn't like the results and are awaiting improvements from Nike.

I feel a biased Paul Lucas rant coming in 5..4..3...

10532928_726204394084003_450598732025679

When it's difficult to see a difference between your green helmet and black jersey maybe you should think about changing the shade of green.

Boom!

http://www.uni-watch.com/2014/08/16/eagles-stuck-wearing-black-because-of-nikes-incompetence/

When it's difficult to see a difference between your green helmet and black jersey maybe you should think about changing the shade of green.
As much as I love their kelly green, I also love their unique dark green and they should keep it. They just need to eliminate black completely.

I don't have the patience to read another Lucas rant. I stopped reading his agenda-based blog about a year ago. I could no longer stomach his extremely biased (I agree with the Anna person) point of view. Anyone want to summarize that link for me outside of his, "I hate Nike" point of view?

I doubt the switch was that late in the game. Nike has prob been working on it for two years. The black is horrible but wearing it now is probably nothing more than a marketing tool. Wear it three times instead of just twice.

Also I don't care that black is in their scheme - it's still bfbs and blows.

Looks like I was wrong. The switch was decided on late in the game and Nike still hasn't made the jerseys yet.

Eagles in black

The Eagles wore black jerseys on Friday night. They will wear black or white jerseys through the early portion of the schedule. The midnight green jerseys are not yet available while the team upgrades to Nike Elite 51 fabrication. Those jerseys are body-contoured and are meant to amplify speed, according to the Eagles.

Midnight green is a custom color and requires extra time to produce, the team said. The black jerseys are considered alternates.

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/20140816_Eagles_Notes___Injuries_continue_to_mount_for_Eagles.html#GbbAuCZBddPtPD5Y.99

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Boom!

http://www.uni-watch.com/2014/08/16/eagles-stuck-wearing-black-because-of-nikes-incompetence/

I don't see what's so biased about that article at all. Some of you douchebags rail on Paul Lucas and I'm fairly certain you don't even read his posts before you do. Besides it's a personal blog on uniforms - it's not supposed to be unbiased reporting. This isn't "real" news here. These rants against uniwatch are frankly absolutely pathetic.

That's because those were the uniforms when they became fans.

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

That's more of a function of jersey tape on the shoulder pads. Ordering smaller jerseys could alleviate some of that but if they don't take their time, that's the result. Im sure the new Nike uniforms aren't any different.

I don't see what's so biased about that article at all. Some of you douchebags rail on Paul Lucas and I'm fairly certain you don't even read his posts before you do. Besides it's a personal blog on uniforms - it's not supposed to be unbiased reporting. This isn't "real" news here. These rants against uniwatch are frankly absolutely pathetic.

What a gleaming gentleman. :peace:

Then you obviously know nothing about the 12th Man. Outside of Seattle, of course there will be bandwagon fans. He was referring to the fans in the stadium.

Then you obviously know nothing about the 12th Man. Outside of Seattle, of course there will be bandwagon fans. He was referring to the fans in the stadium.

The 12th Man has hardly been exclusively used by Seattle in the NFL...

It's a pretty lame tradition that they recently co-opted from college, and the reason why the new look has been embraced is that most of their fans just recently jumped on the bandwagon. Husky fans just shifted their attention. The nickname seachickens amongst seattlites came about for a reason and has only fallen out of favor over the last 10 years or so. I digress but I suppose the new found fan support is a much better alternative than three decades of apathy so it's a win/win in the end.

That's more of a function of jersey tape on the shoulder pads. Ordering smaller jerseys could alleviate some of that but if they don't take their time, that's the result. Im sure the new Nike uniforms aren't any different.

Oh come on dude, that's horse :censored:. If that's the case, then why doesn't it happen to any of the other teams that have utilized the E51?

It's a pretty lame tradition that they recently co-opted from college, and the reason why the new look has been embraced is that most of their fans just recently jumped on the bandwagon. Husky fans just shifted their attention. The nickname seachickens amongst seattlites came about for a reason and has only fallen out of favor over the last 10 years or so. I digress but I suppose the new found fan support is a much better alternative than three decades of apathy so it's a win/win in the end.

Right, just name an NFL fan base that uses more than the Seahakws. And is this going to turn into a thread where every Seahawk fan is called a bandwagoner?

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived