NFL Changes 2014+

EJ_Barlik

That's a shame. It's one of those unique things that was really cool about seeing games from San Diego. And it wasn't at all tacky like when cookie-cutter baseball parks had other teams' logos on the outfield walls in the '80s. Still, I understand why they are using the space to promote their own brand and not other teams.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked it too and I like when teams use subtle ways (small flags) to show the division/conference/league standings. I agree that the huge (usually circle) logos on giant white boxes along the outfield wall in the 1980s was tacky. But I like the flags at Wrigley, for example.

I don't know how most people feel. I have a friend who just hates when UW shows anything of the other Big Ten teams. Even the little flags at Camp Randall that you would barely notice without looking for them. That's just one guy, but it always made me think that maybe some day there could be a movement away.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I liked it too and I like when teams use subtle ways (small flags) to show the division/conference/league standings. I agree that the huge (usually circle) logos on giant white boxes along the outfield wall in the 1980s was tacky. But I like the flags at Wrigley, for example.

I don't know how most people feel. I have a friend who just hates when UW shows anything of the other Big Ten teams. Even the little flags at Camp Randall that you would barely notice without looking for them. That's just one guy, but it always made me think that maybe some day there could be a movement away.

Memorial Stadium in Champaign has the same thing. Very small, pennant-shaped flags lining the top of the upper deck about 15 feet above the stands. It's a nice little tribute, especially in college football where the conference is of such importance.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I'm hoping the Vikings do away with the "Playoff Appearances" banner in the new stadium.

I didn't know they did that. That's pretty pathetic, especially for a franchise which has been to four Super Bowls (I don't remember the outcome of those games). I mean, when the Washington Wizards had confetti and t-shirts for winning a first round series, at least we understood because it was the Wizards.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Memorial Stadium in Champaign has the same thing. Very small, pennant-shaped flags lining the top of the upper deck about 15 feet above the stands. It's a nice little tribute, especially in college football where the conference is of such importance.

Notre Dame Stadium does, too. They have pennants with the 12 teams on the schedule.

Eddie Lacy said today he is switching back to his old style of helmet after only wearing the SpeedFlex for one week. Said The helmet was supposed to better prevent concussions, and the first real game he wore it got a concussion so might as well go back to the old comfortable one. I paraphrased that but that was the gist of it.

Eddie Lacy said today he is switching back to his old style of helmet after only wearing the SpeedFlex for one week. Said The helmet was supposed to better prevent concussions, and the first real game he wore it got a concussion so might as well go back to the old comfortable one. I paraphrased that but that was the gist of it.

Yup no helmet on the market can stop your brain from smacking upside your skull or keep your neck perfectly still. Eddie and T Rich should probably learn to not lead with their heads. This ain't sec ball anymore.

Check out this awesome old letterhead for the then New York Football Giants. It's gorgeous.

dvtXt1p.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Bucs endzones are painted slightly different against the Rams today and it looks a lot better....pic below is from the preseason Dolphins game. Today it has red letters w/ white outlines and black replacing the gray in the pic.

Dolphins_vs_Bucs_Jarvis_Landry_Breakdown

Looks better today, I think. Unfortunately, that storm is crazy.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Is there a reason so many home teams are wearing white this week?

I think the conventional wisdom for the early season games has been for the home team to either avoid wearing dark jerseys or to force the visiting team into dark jerseys, or both. The thinking is that the darker jerseys will be hotter than white.

Archived